Natural Exercise

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Just something crossed in my mind,

Is natural exercise enough for you to have a great shape?

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
for me a natural exercise is jogging in the park, walking park and do some aerobics in the park not in the gym.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
While you won't gain any appreciable muscle mass doing that I don't see any difference between doing aerobic exercise in the gym and aerobic exercise outside

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the advise although it sounds you got bored. LOL. peace man! :bigok:

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
You can work out without using a gym (whether you can do it in your local park I'm not sure)
Do you have hills (hill reps - HIIT)
Do you have benches (pushups with your feet raised, dips etc)
Do you have trees or kids play bars (pulls ups, chin ups)
Do you have logs, rocks, other heavy things to haul around.

The main thing is that building mass requires resistance training, moving heavy things around. Weights that are round and come on bars are just easier and more convenient.

And you might get some odd looks doing hill reps with a log under each arm at 6am from the park wardens (I certainly did)

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Recently I've gotten turned onto Combat Conditioning by Matt Furey.

If you're interested in "natural" exercise, although I loathe the term, then I recommend in checking it out.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Im a weightlifter, but if your definition of shape is longevty, youll probably last longer than I do with your running.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just something crossed in my mind,

Is natural exercise enough for you to have a great shape?
to maintain, yes, to build adequatly no.

build your foundation, then stay there, i been doing just that and dropping fat doing 100 pullups and 200 pushups EOD and kickboxing, and hitting the bags, doin plyos.