Sugar crash from veggies...WTF?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Is this possible? I try to make my 4th meal of the day a combination of healthy fat, protein, and high fiber carbs. So the meal is usually something like 5 oz of chicken, a tblspoon of olive oil, and then a bag of steamed veggies. The vegetables come out to 20g of carbs, half of that is fiber, but 12g is sugar. And I get a sugar crash from it somehow, 30 minutes later i'm yawning and falling asleep.

How could vegetables give a sugar crash, especially with fat and protein?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Is this possible? I try to make my 4th meal of the day a combination of healthy fat, protein, and high fiber carbs. So the meal is usually something like 5 oz of chicken, a tblspoon of olive oil, and then a bag of steamed veggies. The vegetables come out to 20g of carbs, half of that is fiber, but 12g is sugar. And I get a sugar crash from it somehow, 30 minutes later i'm yawning and falling asleep.

How could vegetables give a sugar crash, especially with fat and protein?
Never heard of a sugar crash of veggies...what are your other carb meals like?

I get sleepy sometimes after certain meals, but its not a crash its an "mmm that was good nap time" sleep lol

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I doubt it's a sugar crash, unless you are eating a large amount of sugar in the meal previous to this one.

Nah, the meal before this one is actually the same thing, LOL. But the meal BEFORE that, is my PWO meal, which obviously IS a very large carb meal. But that's two meals ago. I figure with one meal in between the two to balance the blood sugar level out, I should be leveled out and ok by the time this one rolls around.