Darn mexican diets - AnabolicMinds.com

Darn mexican diets

1. New Member
    Answers

Darn mexican diets

As you can tell from my screen handle, I'm a mexican. And even though my diet is pretty much set and is the same everyday, I do take in a cheater meal every day, which is whatever my wife makes.

THe problem is that many diet tracking tools do not have the ability nor the food bank to identify what it is I'm eating. I've never seen the macro breakdown of "carne en su jugo", "tortas de desebrada", or "sopes con chorizo y queso" or "caldo de res". This makes it very hard or me to know how many calories I'm taking a day.

I usually construct my diet to give me just above my maintenance for my weight, and then assume my homemade meal is around 300 cals.

Anyone else struggle with something like this?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

If you are making these dishes your self then break down the recipe into individual ingredients. Put each item and how much of it in the dish and total them up. Then try to divide into equal portions and you have macros for each portion.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Get in the kitchen with your wife and help her make your food. She'll like that and it'll give you the opportunity to see what goes into your food as well as write down the cals from the ingredients she puts into each dish.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Answers

I'm mexican too... And back a few years ago when I was still living with my mom, she'd make some Enchiladas verdes, and I'd be trying to figure out, "hmm since the tortillas are dipped in the oil then the tomatillo, how much fat is in each one" etc... It really does help if you write the ingredients down and total it all up.

I agree with the dark half about helping her. I do a lot of the cooking at home because I come from a family that loves to cook. My woman loves it, and when she helps it really makes things more fun. Think about it, help your wife with the chile relleno and she might have YOUR chile for dessert
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    I'm mexican too... And back a few years ago when I was still living with my mom, she'd make some Enchiladas verdes, and I'd be trying to figure out, "hmm since the tortillas are dipped in the oil then the tomatillo, how much fat is in each one" etc... It really does help if you write the ingredients down and total it all up.

I agree with the dark half about helping her. I do a lot of the cooking at home because I come from a family that loves to cook. My woman loves it, and when she helps it really makes things more fun. Think about it, help your wife with the chile relleno and she might have YOUR chile for dessert
    HAHA, yeah that sounds like a good idea. Thanks to all!
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  BIG lbs.
    Answers

im not mexican but ive eaten enough mexican food to know that i've never had a mexican meal with only 300 calories lol. good luck figurin it out chico.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

yeah lol Im from Texas and they got some great Mexican food down there in the Dirty Third....but 300 cals? Not sure bout that lol I would allow 500 just to be safe
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Hell, I eat at least 1000 in any Mexican food I get. but I barely eat out so when I do I make it count!
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Answers

Ok... I still doubt most mexican dishes are under 1000 calories. I mean think about it, most of the stuff you get has been cooked in oil, has cheese, guac (avacados ftw), chicken or beef, the tortillas... But I think it's great for a bulk LOL
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Mexican food has always been a favorite, when I was in Mexico it was really amazing how good the food was. Then again, it was obvious that it was quite high in calories and fats lol. Being a skinny bastard at that time(135 ripped to shreds, it actually looked pretty cool) It didnt bother me. Now at 165 I am hesitant to eat mexican lol.
  11. New Member
    Answers

Darn mexican diets

Yeah thank god my metabolism is fast and My body is used to the mexican food. I dont get fat on it, even though as stated above, most of mexican cuisine is fats, so yeah, each dish i would estimate over 700 cals.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Detox Diets and Cleansing Diets: Do They Work?
    By anoopbal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 05:31 AM
  2. What are those darn Republicans thinking??
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Politics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 01:54 PM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 01:09 AM
  4. mexican tren
    By rhatid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 11:02 PM