insulin vs GH question

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Does a small amount of insulin stop all GH? Or is it more complicated?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like all hormones, the chronic is far more important than the acute.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I think he means your general GH and insulin levels are more important and effective over spiking one or the other.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've noticed you have many questions about this topic as though GH is the holy grail. Insulin has a very anabolic role as well and, like GH, maximizing it's efficacy is important. While the whole high-GI vs low-GI is a separate debate, neither side is denying the fact that you need to have some insulin response to store glycogen and repair the muscle. GH is mainly elevated during the night hours and worrying about your GH levels during the day is a tad absurd. Worrying about your insulin levels and it's potential to store fat is far more important than having chronically elevated GH.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think he means your general GH and insulin levels are more important and effective over spiking one or the other.
True. I just whant to know if a tiny spurt of insulin will completely anialate my post workout burst of GH.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
True. I just whant to know if a tiny spurt of insulin will completely anialate my post workout burst of GH.
Just for argument's sake lets say that it does. What do you do with that fact?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Just for argument's sake lets say that it does. What do you do with that fact?
I was thinking of taking something to make me a little more insulin senitive with my post workout/carb rich shake to lower my insulin a little and get a little more GH. But if I wasn't going to produce GH at all, then there would be no point?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking of taking something to make me a little more insulin senitive with my post workout/carb rich shake to lower my insulin a little and get a little more GH. But if I wasn't going to produce GH at all, then there would be no point?
What makes you think things are so absolute? And just knowing that something is reduced without understanding all of what it means doesn't give you much to work with.

Hows this for an example - your testosterone levels immediately after a heavy quad/hams workout is significantly lower than before. Does that mean you shouldn't do heavy quad/ham workouts? No, because part of why its lower is that the testosterone in bloodstream is binding heavier to the AR and just isn't produced as fast as its being used, which is a good thing.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here's the thing, are you trying to optimize muscle size and performance or are you trying to optimize GH levels? They are not one in the same.

Insulin is also involved in muscle building. Is there info that suggests the theoretical increase in GH vs the reduction in insulin would yield a net benefit in the overall goal of gains from the gym?

What the vets here are trying to say is don't get hung up on the microscopic level at the expense of the big picture. You will just end up chasing your tail.
Train hard, eat enough whole food, and get enough rest. Let your body worry about the micro details.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Here's the thing, are you trying to optimize muscle size and performance or are you trying to optimize GH levels? They are not one in the same.

Insulin is also involved in muscle building. Is there info that suggests the theoretical increase in GH vs the reduction in insulin would yield a net benefit in the overall goal of gains from the gym?

What the vets here are trying to say is don't get hung up on the microscopic level at the expense of the big picture. You will just end up chasing your tail.
Train hard, eat enough whole food, and get enough rest. Let your body worry about the micro details.
Your totally right on not getting hung up. Im not going to dare pay 40$ for glycobol or something like that. The way I figure it, is that if I'm more insulin sensitive, theres no downer to the situation. My insulin will still do it's job.

I've become the most muscular person I know, and I got that way completely steroid and prohormone free, so I just whant to optimise my healthy, natural hormone levels. I just whant a little of the GH I earned through hard work to partition a little fat after I train.