Lately in the gym...

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
Ive been feeling so weak, like lethargy weak! Not energy wise but just straight weak, sumtimes energy wise too. But then theres also those days where im just so pumped and when i start working out i burn out on like the first set. Its like my muscles are dying, not to mention for some weired reason i havent gotten sore in 6months! Idk whats wrong but ive tried everything from light weight/high reps to heavy weights/low reps, and just kill myself in the gym and i cant get sore, and when i do get the slightest bit sore its not till like a day or two later when i begin to fill it.

Its been happening since i started my daily 1000 calorie deficit, and i wanna blame it on that but i still been taking all my vitamins, protiens, etc. so it kinda cant be the cause. Im thinking ATP but idk yet, i just really wanna take care of this before i start my next cycle.. Thought?

permanabol

Awards
More food or change your workout time so you workout in the evening after you have more food in you. Maybe switch up your workouts so they are shorter depending how long your in there.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL so you started a ONE THOUSAND calorie deficit when you noticed you were lacking energy... hmmmm./

And btw it doesnt matter how much protein you get, energy comes from carbs

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your workout is sucking plain and simple if you can't get sore.

It is the 1000 calorie cut. Vitamins and proteins won't give you energy.

I would first change your workout because if you're not getting sore.. any supplements you buy will go to waste cuz your workout sucks. Once you get sore again, you're back on the right track and you can try some stims which I haven't tried any or get some creatine for extra ATP. That always works for me for longer harder workouts.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL so you started a ONE THOUSAND calorie deficit when you noticed you were lacking energy... hmmmm./

Right about the 1000 cal deficit being the problem. Have a re-feed day and then cut the deficit to 500. Otherwise be prepared to lose muscle and strength and feel like crap.

However carbs, fats, and protein are all valid energy sources.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right about the 1000 cal deficit being the problem. Have a re-feed day and then cut the deficit to 500. Otherwise be prepared to lose muscle and strength and feel like crap.

However carbs, fats, and protein are all valid energy sources.
They start to become valid energy sources for working out when you cut carbs out of your diet. I don't think he is at the point where protein and fats are going to provide him with workout energy because he is still eating carbs.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And not being sore doesnt mean your workout sucks, if your progressing to your lifting goals, and your not getting sore, I wouldnt whine about it.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And not being sore doesnt mean your workout sucks, if your progressing to your lifting goals, and your not getting sore, I wouldnt whine about it.
I don't know dude, if you're not getting sore, you're not tearing muscle fibers, which means your workout wasn't intense enough for tearing fibers. Theres no way he would be hitting top workout goals and not be sore the next day.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They start to become valid energy sources for working out when you cut carbs out of your diet.
No, no, no... Don't get caught up in the Atkins/keto hype.

Are you saying that if he consumes 1000 calories in fat and happens to eat some carbs with it that his body can't use those 1000 cals?

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know dude, if you're not getting sore, you're not tearing muscle fibers, which means your workout wasn't intense enough for tearing fibers. Theres no way he would be hitting top workout goals and not be sore the next day.
I only get sore now if i adjust my exercises. If i stick to the usual exercises then I tend to not be sore.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitamins and protein can absolutely have an impact on energy. Deficiencies of various B Vitamins, Vit D, E and K are all linked to fatigue. So are Zinc, Magnesium and a number of other important minerals

Insufficient protein is going to lead to insufficient recovery, which of course leaves you tired and sore.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should have said if he has little to no carbs instead of "cut carbs out of his diet" so fat and proteins can be used for workout energy.

We're strictly speaking of workout energy. I know fats and proteins can be utilized as energy for metabolic actions regardless of carb intake but we're talking about fuel for working out.

If he has those little carbs he will no doubt start using the 1000 cals of fat.

But again, I doubt he is eating that way when he says "I eat lots of protein and feel lethargic". I just wanted him to know the amount of carbs he is eating affects the usage of fats and proteins as energy sources for working out and that what he is saying "could" be flawed.

I'm betting my money on it that what he said was flawed in relation to his diet. In that, he says he is eating enough protein to not feel lethargic, yet he is eating a diet rich in carbs where he is not even using the protein as energy for working out. This makes his statement flawed and I was just correcting him.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
I should have said if he has little to no carbs instead of "cut carbs out of his diet" so fat and proteins can be used for workout energy.

We're strictly speaking of workout energy. I know fats and proteins can be utilized as energy for metabolic actions regardless of carb intake but we're talking about fuel for working out.

If he has those little carbs he will no doubt start using the 1000 cals of fat.

But again, I doubt he is eating that way when he says "I eat lots of protein and feel lethargic". I just wanted him to know the amount of carbs he is eating affects the usage of fats and proteins as energy sources for working out and that what he is saying "could" be flawed.

I'm betting my money on it that what he said was flawed in relation to his diet. In that, he says he is eating enough protein to not feel lethargic, yet he is eating a diet rich in carbs where he is not even using the protein as energy for working out. This makes his statement flawed and I was just correcting him.
Well i know that protiens are not for energy but in fact more for recovery. What i meant when i said "i eat all my protiens, vitamins, etc" is i pretty much i eat healthy and stay away from tacos, cheese-its, soda, etc. I didnt mean that because i eat a high protien diet i should always have energy. I know that carbs are for energy aswell. I should have been more precise in my statement, but i do already know what you mean.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Common misconception not having DOMS doesnt mean you didnt have a good workout...So dont get so tied up in trying to make yourself sore if you're making progress in the gym(which you're not so I think its the sudden 1000 deficit) but constantly trying to get DOMS will usually cause you to over train... and you don't want that.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
I think this is exactly whats happening. I mean i do have a cheat DAY not meal, once a week. But this 1000 calorie deficit is for sure the problem, Its not killing my energy, but my strength (sorry to have confused anyone), i can still do my cardio pretty easy, but sometimes my legs do begin to give out before my stamina. Im just loving the deficit cause it gives such good results.

What would you guys think about a 500calorie deficit instead, and burnning the other 500 in cardio?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well i know that protiens are not for energy but in fact more for recovery. What i meant when i said "i eat all my protiens, vitamins, etc" is i pretty much i eat healthy and stay away from tacos, cheese-its, soda, etc. I didnt mean that because i eat a high protien diet i should always have energy. I know that carbs are for energy aswell. I should have been more precise in my statement, but i do already know what you mean.
Gotchya

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards

Lol i know! It just gives mad results though, i went from 223lbs chubby - 190lbs pretty lean with that alone pretty much, and a low dose of clen/t3. I can post before and after pics if any yall wanna see.

But besides that im definately gonna up my calorie intake with some carbs and jump on some creatine. Thanx guys.

xxjoker122

Awards
your body becomes prone to getting sore after awhile ..at least mine does after the first 2-3 weeks of working out 6 days a week .

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well i know that protiens are not for energy but in fact more for recovery.
Actually protein can be used for energy. The higher your calorie deficit the more that protein will be converted to energy rather than being used to build muscle/body tissue. This is why carbs and fats are sometimes called 'protein sparing.'

The recurring theme here is achieving the optimum energy deficit. Get 30-40% of cals from protein and the rest from fats and carbs (at least 20% each) to make up a 500 kcal deficit.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
What do u guys think about kre-alkalyn? Havent used creatine in a while. thought id give this one a shot, or is there any others you guys would strongly suggest? Also whats the deal with creatine and water retention? Never was able to find a clear answer on that one.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
What do u guys think about kre-alkalyn? Havent used creatine in a while. thought id give this one a shot, or is there any others you guys would strongly suggest? Also whats the deal with creatine and water retention? Never was able to find a clear answer on that one.
My opinion on kre-alkalyn is this :dump:

mreast

Awards
Just to add more clarafication :) energy comes from calories does not matter what type of calorie it is carbs offer 4 calories PROTEIN offers 4 calories and fat offers 9 calories that's why your body prefers to keep fat just in case

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
Update!

So yesterday in the gym was a lower body day. I have some albuterol liquid vials laying around from like 3 years ago (used to have mild breathing problems) never used em and decieded to give the alb a try 5mg about 10min before cardio(vials are dosed @ 2.5mg). I gotta admit endurance was good but not the way everybody raves about it being. It was more like the same to me, only the stops in between were much shorter, like 30sec instead of 1min & 30sec, im definately not a placebo guy, everything for me either works or doesnt, or maybe i just expect too much idk..

--SO anyways on to the w/o! I know i definately worked out hard enough to be sore today, and i am! But to be honest its more like a dead sore rather then a burning sore from an intense w/o the day before, those are the kind of sorenesses i want but cant. I dont know if any of you guys cought the part where i said "i feel the soreness like 2days later", its so weired cause right now im kinda sore, but 2morrow ill be really sore. Its like my bodies behind or something.. any ways heres what my w/o looked like anyways-

35min of cardio lvl 7.2 (lvl 1-10) stopped 2x after 10min for about 30sec, then walked it out after the 30 was done. Did 390calories.
Seated leg curls 70lbs 15reps x 3sets & 90lbs 20reps x 2sets
Seated reverse leg curls 70lbs 15reps x 3sets & 90lbs 20reps x 2sets

Squats 140lbs 10reps x 3sets & 190lbs x 6reps & 225lbs 5reps x 1set
Other than this i just did a bunch of lunges for about 10min.

Overall, i know pretty F'ing weak! But to be honest i havent done lower body in like a year, i recently barely started again about a month ago. I know i can work up fast because i used to sqaut 405lbs like 2 years ago(lol i know). Ive been keeping my lower body inshape wit cardio so far. I wanted to keep working out after these sets but my legs wouldnt allow me to, i was walking like i was on a boat or i was some hardcore gangster who had to walk wit a limp. As far as the sorness goes idk know why im barely feeling it or why its taking 2 days to be sore(weired)? I know my w/o was weak, but if it killed me in the gym i should be burning right now??

Btw i had about 2,000cals yesterday w/ a carb drink before w/o. I plan to have a solid 2,000 today, my RMR is 2,306.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much of it do u take or what would u suggest for a 190lbs, 6'0 ,28yo? Last time i took any kind of creatine i was 24 i think, and it was only in powder form.
Workout days: 1 pill in the morning, 2 pre-workout, 1 post workout.

Non workout days: 1 in the morning, 1 later in the day.

That's how I dose it. You can play around with it.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
Workout days: 1 pill in the morning, 2 pre-workout, 1 post workout.

Non workout days: 1 in the morning, 1 later in the day.

That's how I dose it. You can play around with it.
Is it something to expect results out of or is it just a good boosting suplement?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it something to expect results out of or is it just a good boosting suplement?
Use it for a month. Assuming your diet and training are good you can expect creatine mondohydrate results in easy pill form. Creatine is going to give results... very good ones.