how to get 255g of protein a day

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
how does one get 255g of protein a day? I'm having trouble figuring this out. As i eat 5 meals a day. All well balanced but i feel my protein count is lacking. How does one accomplish getting this much protein in to each meal. about 40g each for 5 meals a day.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
2 protein shakes is easily 100g protein if you can squeeze that in inbetween meals.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
would 40g am shake 40g pm shake and 20g post w.o? could get expensive tho in shakes

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... it can get expensive. Buying 5lb Nutra Pro isn't bad though.

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/nutraplanet/nutrapro-5lb.html

1 serving and a cup of milk is 30g of protein, which isn't bad. Easily can drink it like chocolate milk with a meal.

Casein costs a little more, but it's more effective if you're going to take it after your last meal of the day.

Trutein looks promising as well...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
would 40g am shake 40g pm shake and 20g post w.o? could get expensive tho in shakes
Gram for gram, powdered protein is probably the cheapest protein you're going to find...

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
makes sense so 6-8 oz of meat at every meal 5 meals a day minus am shake and pm. would actually work out well.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
makes sense so 6-8 oz of meat at every meal 5 meals a day minus am shake and pm. would actually work out well.
Yeah man... 8oz of chicken is 50 grams already. 50*5 is 250. That said, I don't eat chicken for breakfast. :lol:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I shoot for 4 scoops of powder, 5 on lifting days. And 3-4 meals of a chicken beef combo of 8-10 oz.

Once you get going, its relatively easy to hit 225-250 grams

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gram for gram, powdered protein is probably the cheapest protein you're going to find...
canned chunk white tuna or whole eggs is cheaper. Even chicken breast can be close when its on sale. Nutrapro is $30 for 80 22g servings. so for the rough equivalent of whats in a tuna can, (2 of those servings) you pay 75 cents, but the tuna is cheaper particularly on sale. Locally Sweetbay supermarket has boneless skinless chicken breasts for 1.79/lb, so ends up around 70 cents for the same amount.

The only real value to whey at all is that its convenient. I can throw ziplock bags of powder into the glovebox of my car and only need to find a bottle and some water for a quick snack. All the BS about an anabolic window is just that, BS.

If half the guys here who worry about timing of their shakes spent as much effort getting more whole food in them, they'd see better results.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
yea i think i just underestimated. What is an avg sandwich worth of meet then. like 3-4oz when ordering at at a deli or something

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, roughly, depends on the place. Cheese has some protein too, and if you drink skim milk with it, theres that much more.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
makes sense just tryingto see if i have to bring food to my job. which is basically bar food.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its better if you do, deli type sandwiches have tons of fat usually as well as tons of sodium and preservatives.

A good trick is to go to Sams club or BJs or Costco every weekend, buy the 6lb container of chicken breasts and roast/bake them all. throw half in the fridge, half in the freezer, wed morning take the half that you put in the freezer and put it back in the fridge to thaw. That gives you 2 servings a day of 40~50g protein each from chicken thats pretty easy to carry and won't spoil too fast from getting warm

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Wow, 250 is something you can do in 3-4 meals.

8oz chicken x 2

2 x 60g shake

8oz ground turkey

boom - 270g

Consistently staying over 300-350 gets harder but 250 is a cake walk

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
canned chunk white tuna or whole eggs is cheaper. Even chicken breast can be close when its on sale. Nutrapro is $30 for 80 22g servings. so for the rough equivalent of whats in a tuna can, (2 of those servings) you pay 75 cents, but the tuna is cheaper particularly on sale. Locally Sweetbay supermarket has boneless skinless chicken breasts for 1.79/lb, so ends up around 70 cents for the same amount.

The only real value to whey at all is that its convenient. I can throw ziplock bags of powder into the glovebox of my car and only need to find a bottle and some water for a quick snack. All the BS about an anabolic window is just that, BS.

If half the guys here who worry about timing of their shakes spent as much effort getting more whole food in them, they'd see better results.
You obviously don't live in a large city. My chicken goes on sale for 4.99.

Regardless, the whole food VS protein shake arguement is one I don't care to debate. I drink 3 shakes a day, and I do just fine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You obviously don't live in a large city. My chicken goes on sale for 4.99.

Regardless, the whole food VS protein shake arguement is one I don't care to debate. I drink 3 shakes a day, and I do just fine.
Tampa is pretty well one of the top 15 cities nationally, so I dunno. I'm in the south though so that since more food production is here its possible its cheaper.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Tampa is pretty well one of the top 15 cities nationally, so I dunno. I'm in the south though so that since more food production is here its possible its cheaper.
Yeah, for me...

Tuna = $1.99 for 25g = $.0796 / gram
Chicken = $4.99 for 100g = $.0499 / gram
Whey (ON Natural) = $41.00 for 1704g = $.0241 / gram

It's a no brainer for me. I use about 150g worth of whey a day (in shakes, oatmeal, greek yogurt "pudding") 100g worth of chicken... and the other 50 from various other sources (yogurt, whole grains, etc.) Tuna I eat only for variety.

Chico222

Awards
OP, I get over 260g of protein a day. I use eggs, oatmeal, milk for breakfast. Meal #2 is milk, oats, 2 scoops of whey. Meal 3 is chicken breast (bunch of protein here for 6oz). Meal 4 is top sirloin (sam's club is cheap) 8oz will give you like 64g. Meal 5 is more chicken, then a little cheat meal, and 2 glasses of milk before bed. Once I total it all, Its a bunch of protein. The secret is spacing it out and eating throughout the day. You'll find that its easier to get all that food down that way.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Eat 6 meals of 40-45 grams. Definitely easy.