Best Ways To Prevent/Cure a Hangover?!!?!?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to know what are some of the best ways to prevent a Hangover. I hate the headaches, body aches, nausea, stomach pains, etc... all around feeling of a hangover. I'm planning on doing a trip over the summer for a couple of days and odds are that i am going to be drinking a couple of days in a row, so a hangover is the last thing i need. WHat is the fastest way i can recuperate from a hangover? Are their any supplements/vitamins/drinks/foods/etc.. i can take to prevent/cure a hangover? All tips/tricks would be greatly appeciated!

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOts and lots of water while you are drinking.

Most of the hangover is just dehydration. If you drink enough water at worst the next morning youll have a little bit of disorientation but youll feel fine.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to know what are some of the best ways to prevent a Hangover. I hate the headaches, body aches, nausea, stomach pains, etc... all around feeling of a hangover. I'm planning on doing a trip over the summer for a couple of days and odds are that i am going to be drinking a couple of days in a row, so a hangover is the last thing i need. WHat is the fastest way i can recuperate from a hangover? Are their any supplements/vitamins/drinks/foods/etc.. i can take to prevent/cure a hangover? All tips/tricks would be greatly appeciated!
Then be a man and drink for a couple days in a row.

A proven method to prevent a hangover is to not stop drinking.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I've heard 50 minutes cardio before you sleep works :)

Water works best though, drink a glass of clean water per drink and you wont have a hangiver

Also, if you drink high quality vodka, grey goose or above, you will not have a hangover, this is being said after drinking a liter of grey goose in one night and then hiking 12 miles the next day btw :D

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
coconut milk - 15x the electrolytes of Gatorade
50g protein shot split 2 times roughly every2 hours take 25g
good protein bar with a lot of healthy fats right before drinking.
WATER
when u get home have another big shake with casein.
little bit of Creatine - helps hold water (optional)

thats about as anabolic u can stay on drinkin

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
get drunk, do whatever you want that night.. your not jay cutler or ronnie coleman have a life outside the gym... Either just take a couple off days or drink 64 OZ am gatorade when u make up and eat a cheat meal... then man up get threw ur workouts.. I know alot of powerlifers who drink and are pressing 400 the next morning.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
props^ its what i do. i train hard but once a week or two weeks i go out and PARTY HARD

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i just noticed that the combo i mentioned above helps alot in order not to look dry and glyco depleted the next day. the only time I EVER EAT simple sugars is when i drink to keep glycogen up

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
coconut milk - 15x the electrolytes of Gatorade
50g protein shot split 2 times roughly every2 hours take 25g
good protein bar with a lot of healthy fats right before drinking.
WATER
when u get home have another big shake with casein.
little bit of Creatine - helps hold water (optional)

thats about as anabolic u can stay on drinkin
coconut milk or coconut water? What do you think is better?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have never had a hangover yet. Then again I usually stick to my gallon a day of water, so when I used to drink I would be fine in the mornings. Usually up and peppy while my buddies are barely able to make groggling sounds.

Water is key, and the healthier your body the better off you will be as well.

Always worked even on nights I was mixing beer, liqueur, and wine(I used cheap wine like Arbor Mist to chase everything else)

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm def going to do the water. What else works/helps?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah sorry its the coconut water

BIGDOGEMS

Awards
I actually think its called Hangover. You can get it at GNC Ive tried it a couple time when I knew I was gonna be drinking alot and I felt great the next day. No promises though

BIGDOGEMS

Awards
Pacing yourself is never a bad idea if you know your going for a couple days. Just keep your buzz. No need to be wrecked within a couple hours if you have a few days of vacation to relax.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
5 hour energy before drinking and a scoop of Muscle Pharm's Recon have done good for me the last two times I went out drinking. I usually only drink about 2-3 a year so I haven't really experimented with much other combos though.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Maybe not drink so much if at all? Certain beverages get me more dehydrated. I havent touched a drink in several months, simply because I don't want it to interfere with training.. If you're gonna drink, stay away from sweet drinks, and drink 8 ounces of water per shot.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DRINKING WATER WHILE DRINKING ALCOHOL SUCKS!

Alcohol is a diuretic.. add water to the equation and you'll be spending half your night in the washroom. I learned from experience.

Drink water at the end of the night. Gatorade is better than water. Coconut water is better than Gatorade... for hangover.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Id rather have to hit the bathroom a few times then have a hangover. That's me though. To each his own. And gatorade.. Sodium... Not so great for hydration.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Gatorade, lots of water, ALA, some NAC before bed, magnesium, and B complex vitamin.

Nimbus also makes something Called Rehab P-3 and its pretty much Blast plus a bunch of other stuff and works well but its kinda expensive but worth it for not having a hangover.

also ive tried taking 2 caps of recompadrol before drinking beers and then 1 before bed with alot of water and never have a hangover and wake up looking all vascular

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id rather have to hit the bathroom a few times then have a hangover. That's me though. To each his own. And gatorade.. Sodium... Not so great for hydration.
A few times is an understatement lol. I had to hit the bathroom like 8 times. And they weren't short visits. They were the long pee sessions where you start a drunk conversation with the guy in the next stall about how much drinks th both of you have had lol.

I agree tho. Theres nothing more in the world that I hate than waking up with a hangover with the driest mouth in the world and feeling like a corpse.

Coconut water looks like the better choice.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
A few times is an understatement lol. I had to hit the bathroom like 8 times. And they weren't short visits. They were the long pee sessions where you start a drunk conversation with the guy in the next stall about how much drinks th both of you have had lol.

I agree tho. Theres nothing more in the world that I hate than waking up with a hangover with the driest mouth in the world and feeling like a corpse.

Coconut water looks like the better choice.
I'll have to look into this coconut water. I dont drink now... But it's not to say that if something... Like my bday... comes along I won't act a fool. It's always good to have knowledge of stuff like this.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I need to make sure my mom picks up about 10 gallons of coconut water before I go home on leave :D

"I wonder if taking some P-Slin before beer would be good heh, I def put down at least 100 carbs when I dirnk beer

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
This. Of course a fellow PA and PSU fan (just graduated from PSU) would know "the cure!"
Thats right #1 party school in the nation. The apple cider vinegar is something i discovered last year...it works for just about everything. Alkalizes the blood as well as flushes out toxins. Activated charcoal i tried at GNC for years helps too.:food:

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ya coconut water is the $hit

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats right #1 party school in the nation. The apple cider vinegar is something i discovered last year...it works for just about everything. Alkalizes the blood as well as flushes out toxins. Activated charcoal i tried at GNC for years helps too.:food:
When should you take the apple cider vinegar and activated charcoal? Before, During or After?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
would the apple cider have healing properties towards AAS

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
As you drink, drink water.

Prior to drinking, eat a nice carb dense meal.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When would be the best time to drink the cocunut water? Before Drinking, After Drinking/Before going to bed, or the morning you wake up with the Hangover?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i drink it right before i leave the house half a bottle then another half right when i get home b4 bed.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well being as how i come from a mexican family my whole family (brothers and father) they take aspirin in the mornings during hagover. idk i dont drink as much as them

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yes, i dont care about hangover but i noticed it helps my muscle from lookin depleted the next day

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
When should you take the apple cider vinegar and activated charcoal? Before, During or After?
before you go out. if u feel a little queezy in the morning hit the ACV again. The charcoal (as per directions) says before drinking:fing02:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
well being as how i come from a mexican family my whole family (brothers and father) they take aspirin in the mornings during hagover. idk i dont drink as much as them
that cant be too good for the liver.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that cant be too good for the liver.
well either we have a strong as liver or maybe its not that bad my dad is like 55+ and still going strong

Feel The Burn

Awards
Since it looks like poseidon is no longer available Blast by nimbus may work as well

but poseidon did wonders for me.
Nimbus also makes something Called Rehab P-3 and its pretty much Blast plus a bunch of other stuff and works well but its kinda expensive but worth it for not having a hangover.
Poseidon is still available.

ReHab-P3 is made specifically for Hangovers. Comes in a NiteTime/Morning combo pack. By far the best Hangover Relief product on the market.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Poseidon is still available.

ReHab-P3 is made specifically for Hangovers. Comes in a NiteTime/Morning combo pack. By far the best Hangover Relief product on the market.
I went to the site. I hope they send out a free sample

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i know people have mentioned drinking water, but around here a real common drink right now is vodka/water/limejuice. it tastes like limeade, its delicious and no hangover afterwards.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
^ this is what I said :D

Good vodka will never give you a hangover :p

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^ this is what I said :D

Good vodka will never give you a hangover :p
the key being GOOD vodka.
rye on the otherhand will give you a nasty hangover cause its a severe diuretic.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the key being GOOD vodka.
rye on the otherhand will give you a nasty hangover cause its a severe diuretic.
What wold be considered a good vodka? If you can list some that be great.