Best Ways To Prevent/Cure a Hangover?!!?!?

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

  1. yes, i dont care about hangover but i noticed it helps my muscle from lookin depleted the next day
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    When should you take the apple cider vinegar and activated charcoal? Before, During or After?
    before you go out. if u feel a little queezy in the morning hit the ACV again. The charcoal (as per directions) says before drinking

  3. Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    well being as how i come from a mexican family my whole family (brothers and father) they take aspirin in the mornings during hagover. idk i dont drink as much as them
    that cant be too good for the liver.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    that cant be too good for the liver.
    well either we have a strong as liver or maybe its not that bad my dad is like 55+ and still going strong
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Since it looks like poseidon is no longer available Blast by nimbus may work as well

    but poseidon did wonders for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    Nimbus also makes something Called Rehab P-3 and its pretty much Blast plus a bunch of other stuff and works well but its kinda expensive but worth it for not having a hangover.
    Poseidon is still available.

    ReHab-P3 is made specifically for Hangovers. Comes in a NiteTime/Morning combo pack. By far the best Hangover Relief product on the market.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Burn View Post
    Poseidon is still available.

    ReHab-P3 is made specifically for Hangovers. Comes in a NiteTime/Morning combo pack. By far the best Hangover Relief product on the market.
    I went to the site. I hope they send out a free sample

  7. i know people have mentioned drinking water, but around here a real common drink right now is vodka/water/limejuice. it tastes like limeade, its delicious and no hangover afterwards.

  8. ^ this is what I said

    Good vodka will never give you a hangover :P

  9. Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    ^ this is what I said

    Good vodka will never give you a hangover :P
    the key being GOOD vodka.
    rye on the otherhand will give you a nasty hangover cause its a severe diuretic.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by HumpTheCook View Post
    the key being GOOD vodka.
    rye on the otherhand will give you a nasty hangover cause its a severe diuretic.
    What wold be considered a good vodka? If you can list some that be great.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    What wold be considered a good vodka? If you can list some that be great.
    my favourite was belvedere. otherwise id drink goose or level.
  12. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Svedka has the best price/quality ratio
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Svedka has the best price/quality ratio
    just whatever you do in your innebriated state, do not think that just because clementine flavor svedka sounds kinda funny that it will therefore be awesome. it is wretched.
  14. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Yeah, even their citron is just iffy. But their plain vodka is almost perfect, I like it slightly better than grey goose sipped.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  15. Grey Goose is good stuff too :P

  16. I went to a place called dublin deck and spent $75 on Vodka/7-Ups in 15 minutes...didnt notice it was being made with goose lol. I agree on the svedka though, the plain is great for the price.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ryox82 View Post
    I went to a place called dublin deck and spent $75 on Vodka/7-Ups in 15 minutes...didnt notice it was being made with goose lol. I agree on the svedka though, the plain is great for the price.
    dude drive in from LI to where im at in Manhattan. 1 ****ty vodka 7 is $17

  18. everytime i'm in in the city, i drop at least 80 bucks at a bar easy

  19. Watery fruit before you go to sleep. Oranges, strawberries, etc. All the urination whacks your electrolytes so the fruit is way better than water.

    But knowing the crowd here nobody would dare touch some fruit.

  20. lmao ^ so true it has simple sugars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

  21. Drinking tons of water during and after drinking has never failed me.

    And Grey Goose is the Muscletech of vodka. It's all clever marketing. Far superior vodka can be purchased for significantly less.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    Drinking tons of water during and after drinking has never failed me.

    And Grey Goose is the Muscletech of vodka. It's all clever marketing. Far superior vodka can be purchased for significantly less.
    What kind of vodka would you suggest?

  23. What kind of vodka would you suggest?
    Russian Standard. It's smooth beyond belief.

    Cold showers, greasy food, and a hot sauna (if possible) have always helped my hangovers.

  24. What alcohol specifically don't give Hangovers?

  25. Svedka is the best bang for the buck vodka as mentioned earlier. $20 for a1.75 liter around here...and it tastes great. Tito's Handmade is a bit expensive, but cheaper than Goose and is one of the best vodkas you can get.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    Svedka is the best bang for the buck vodka as mentioned earlier. $20 for a1.75 liter around here...and it tastes great. Tito's Handmade is a bit expensive, but cheaper than Goose and is one of the best vodkas you can get.
    Yeah, BUT....Grey Goose attracts females. Scientific fact =x

  27. When would be the best time to drink the Cocunut Water? Also, how much cocunut water should I drink?

  28. Anybody else got any good tips for the upcoming weekend?

  29. Has anyone ever heard of or tried this!?!

    http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=5302

  30. Don't drink is the obvious answer BUT you're looking for alternatives.
    First of all let's understand a hangover:
    A hangover is caused by ethanol (alcohol or C2H5OH) acting a diuretic in the body to result in dehydration of the body. This also causes an imbalance of electrolytes because sodium (Na+) and chloride (Cl-) ions get flushed out to maintain osmotic balance in the nephrons of the kidney. The pain exhibited in the cranium is due to an imbalance in fluid pressure between the meninges. So keep hydrated!!!
    Unless of course you're on the ground puking yourself - then water can actually cause further alcohol poisoning. Common misconception.

    Monosaccharides, primarily glucose, are also a factor in what makes you bedridden the next day. As many alcoholic beverages have a high sugar concentration to balance the bitterness of our love for the poison of ethanol, it's important to know that they contribute a lot to that as well. Since you won't be using them for heavy lifting anytime soon, those monosaccharides that went straight to your bloodstream will be absorbed by cellular tissue and stored as glycogen by glycogenesis. This process requires water molecules to break down those simple sugars causing further - yup, you guessed it - dehydration.

    Stick to things like vodka instead of whisky which has no sugar content compared to a scotch which is ALL sugar. Avoid energy drinks, shouldn't have to explain that one. Keep drinking water. And if you're really worried about going a bit overboard then throw back two tablespoons of olive oil to coat the lining of your stomach. Ethanol is a polar molecule and won't absorb well with cells coated in something non-polar.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  31. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Then be a man and drink for a couple days in a row.

    A proven method to prevent a hangover is to not stop drinking.
    LOL repped.

    Dude drink a LOT of water. Try to get a glass of water between every beer if you can. And right before you go to bed, pound some more water, eat a banana (potassium) and if you don't give a crap about your liver take a few aspirin (I know, drinking and aspirin is toxic.. ESP if you're using gear, just sayin, it might kill you but it helps hangovers)
  32. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    well being as how i come from a mexican family my whole family (brothers and father) they take aspirin in the mornings during hagover. idk i dont drink as much as them
    The only problem with taking aspirin for a hangover in the morning or at night before bed is that it's like kicking your liver while its down. It's already been stressing out from the alcohol and now you've introduced that medication. I know aspirin also makes your platelets dysfunctional but I don't know if alcohol plays any role in it.

    I mean... I always did it too. So I have to claim my own hypocrisy in the matter. Taking aspirin it a few times to make your brain not slosh around in your head during a vacation week most likely won't be clinically significant.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  33. On the subject of vodka (definitely my drink of choice for a few days of drinking... learned my lesson about rum after a vacation in Puerto Rico, and my friends who try to do Crown Royal for a few days straight end up regretting it but still have not learned their lessons):

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    Drinking tons of water during and after drinking has never failed me.

    And Grey Goose is the Muscletech of vodka. It's all clever marketing. Far superior vodka can be purchased for significantly less.
    Definitely agree. I drink Grey Goose and Belvedere when it's bought by someone else, but I think I would feel like a jackass if I ever dropped the dough for it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    Yeah, BUT....Grey Goose attracts females. Scientific fact =x
    This... has some truth to it. The marketing factor plays a huge part here. Don't get me wrong, Goose is good vodka but not for the price. One day when I've got some extra cash and I'm not thinking clearly, I may buy a bottle. Once the bottle is done I'll most likely be... recycling it by refilling with other vodkas...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    Svedka is the best bang for the buck vodka as mentioned earlier. $20 for a1.75 liter around here...and it tastes great. Tito's Handmade is a bit expensive, but cheaper than Goose and is one of the best vodkas you can get.
    Agreed, Svedka is good. I think it costs about the same as Smirnoff, but I think it's better. I have heard good things about Tito's Handmade but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. It will probably be the next bottle I buy. Other good vodkas: Stolichnaya which is a little more expensive than Svedka and Smirnoff, and Ketel One which is probably my favorite vodka but it's even more espensive than Stoli (still way cheaper than overpriced Goose though). Ketel One is really smooth, I highly recommend it.


    Now, on the subject of avoiding a hangover here is what I recommend:

    1) Don't drink on an empty stomach. I don't eat any heavier than usual when I drink, I just make sure that I'm not skipping any meals. Eating a nice big slice of pizza or something similarly filling after I've downed my last drink of the night always helps too, depending on how long it was between the last time you ate and when you ended your drinking. I've never puked from drinking, but I've known a lot of girls who have. Guess what? Most of the time I ask them if they ate before they started drinking and they usually say no.

    2) As others have said, WATER IS YOUR FRIEND. If you can, work in a cup or two after your first few drinks. Especially make sure that you end the night drinking as much water as you can. The next day headache is caused by dehydration, and it's a pain trying to get rid of it when you wake up the next day.

    3) If you can, stick to one drink. Vodka is my drink of choice (if I'm doing mixed drinks I prefer vodka cranberry, vodka tonic with lime, or screwdrivers with a splash of pineapple), and I think someone else said it doesn't have the sugar that other liquors have, which is why it rarely gives me hangovers. Oh, and as much as you would like to have that Long Island Iced Tea late in the night... DON'T DO IT MAN!!!! Jager shots and other shots in general can also take you places you don't want to go (delicious as they are). I find that sticking to the one drink (and maybe a few beers) keeps me feeling good but not getting blackout drunk.

    4) If you did happen to F up somewhere along the way and the next day you feel like you've been run over, drink plenty of water as soon as you wake up, try to get some food in your stomach, and if I have a particularly bad headache, I take 2 excedrin along with the food and water (I know, not good for your liver by any means, but it usually destroys my headache rather quickly).


    All of this advice comes from someone who for the past 2 and a half years has been drinking way too regularly (3 to 4 nights a week socially, and now saturday and sundays with a cooler full of beer during the day at the beach) and who has to be at work at 8am sometimes after a night out drinking till 2am.


    Drink responsibly good sir!

  34. What are some good foods/drinks to have prior to drinking, while drinking, after drinking, and if you wake up with a hangover?

    A lot of what i read people say to eat fats and carbs. So i'm think a good double bacon cheeseburger prior should be good

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    What are some good foods/drinks to have prior to drinking, while drinking, after drinking, and if you wake up with a hangover?

    A lot of what i read people say to eat fats and carbs. So i'm think a good double bacon cheeseburger prior should be good
    Eating fatty/carby food before hand helps. I still recommend the 2 spoons of olive oil to coat the lining of your stomach - you won't get as drunk.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  36. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Don't drink is the obvious answer BUT you're looking for alternatives.
    First of all let's understand a hangover:
    A hangover is caused by ethanol (alcohol or C2H5OH) acting a diuretic in the body to result in dehydration of the body. This also causes an imbalance of electrolytes because sodium (Na+) and chloride (Cl-) ions get flushed out to maintain osmotic balance in the nephrons of the kidney. The pain exhibited in the cranium is due to an imbalance in fluid pressure between the meninges. So keep hydrated!!!
    Unless of course you're on the ground puking yourself - then water can actually cause further alcohol poisoning. Common misconception.

    Monosaccharides, primarily glucose, are also a factor in what makes you bedridden the next day. As many alcoholic beverages have a high sugar concentration to balance the bitterness of our love for the poison of ethanol, it's important to know that they contribute a lot to that as well. Since you won't be using them for heavy lifting anytime soon, those monosaccharides that went straight to your bloodstream will be absorbed by cellular tissue and stored as glycogen by glycogenesis. This process requires water molecules to break down those simple sugars causing further - yup, you guessed it - dehydration.

    Stick to things like vodka instead of whisky which has no sugar content compared to a scotch which is ALL sugar. Avoid energy drinks, shouldn't have to explain that one. Keep drinking water. And if you're really worried about going a bit overboard then throw back two tablespoons of olive oil to coat the lining of your stomach. Ethanol is a polar molecule and won't absorb well with cells coated in something non-polar.
    This is incorrect.

    A hangover is caused when ethenol in the body is metabolised into acetaldehyde by the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase which is then metabolised with acetaldehyde dehydrogenase and glutathion.

    The problem is that glutathion stores in the liver deplete very quickly and cannot process the acetaldehyde fast enough, acetaldehyde being the more toxic alcohol. It is the acetaldehyde present in the blood that produces most of the symptoms and the rest can be attributed to glutamine rebound.

    Here we go... How Stuff Works is better than me at explaining Glutamine Rebound and the reason.
    After a night of alcohol consumption, a drinker won't sleep as soundly as normal because the body is rebounding from alcohol's depressive effect on the system. When someone is drinking, alcohol inhibits glutamine, one of the body's natural stimulants. When the drinker stops drinking, the body tries to make up for lost time by producing more glutamine than it needs.

    The increase in glutamine levels stimulates the brain while the drinker is trying to sleep, keeping them from reaching the deepest, most healing levels of slumber. This is a large contributor to the fatigue felt with a hangover. Severe glutamine rebound during a hangover also may be responsible for tremors, anxiety, restlessness and increased blood pressure.
    The Historic PES Legend

  37. Oh, one funny anecdote is that a few things are found to help a hangover.

    1) Eggs because of the level of cyestine, it leads to produce glutathion faster and thus metabolize the acetaldehyde.

    and:
    2) BACON Sammich... we knew it all along. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04...hangover_cure/
    The Historic PES Legend

  38. The higher the quality of Vodka, the clearer and more tasteless it will be. Right now the "best" is Chopin which is a potato vodka, I believe.
    WRT hangover cures, water/aspirin/and charcoal caps (if you have them) never let me down but then I rarely drink and even more rarely to excess. Click here!

  39. There comes a point, its diferent for everyone, where you just drank too much and you are gonna be hungover.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Pleonastic View Post
    There comes a point, its diferent for everyone, where you just drank too much and you are gonna be hungover.
    -falls to kneews-


    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Hangover
    By bigpapa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:54 PM
  2. How To Cure A Hangover
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM
  3. Hormonal ways to prevent excess body hair?
    By Flay in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
  4. Hangover B Gone
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
  5. hangover help
    By sreed11 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Log in
Log in