Natural Prolactin Inhibitors?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are some natural prolactin inhibitors? What natural foods, supplements, vitamins, drinks, etc.. can i use to inhibit prolactin?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
why do you want a prolactin inhibitor? are you producing milk?

simply put prolactin produces milk ;estrogen produces titties.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
L-Dopa/Bulk 1-Carboxy

Anything that raises your dopamine is going to inhibit prolactin in short.

why do you want a prolactin inhibitor? are you producing milk?
Prolactin does quite a few other things in the body besides aid in milk production. Higher prolactin levels increase your refractory period after ejaculation, just one example that comes to mind.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin B6 (OK, precipitates crazy dreams, may downregulate gene expression from activation of androgen receptor)

Vitex (better)

Cabergoline (not natural, heart issues, but without question the most effective. Males report being able to have multiple orgasms on caber)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
L-Dopa/Bulk 1-Carboxy

Prolactin does quite a few other things in the body besides aid in milk production. Higher prolactin levels increase your refractory period after ejaculation, just one example that comes to mind.
apologies to the OP , i glossed over the question too readily.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are prolactin inhibitors safe for men to take? Why do men have this hormone?

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
L-Dopa/Bulk 1-Carboxy

Good info here.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can anything else decrease prolactin?

SemperFi9999

Awards
Cabergoline and pramipexole are prolactin inhibitors and can be bought from research chemical companies

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Cabergoline and pramipexole are prolactin inhibitors and can be bought from research chemical companies
They are also very potent pharmaceuticals which I would not go about using lightly, especially just to inhibit prolactin secretion.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think i want to mess around with cabergoline. i'm just looking to naturally decrease/inhibit prolactin

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin B6 (OK, precipitates crazy dreams, may downregulate gene expression from activation of androgen receptor)

Vitex (better)

Cabergoline (not natural, heart issues, but without question the most effective. Males report being able to have multiple orgasms on caber)
what do you mean when you say b6 will downregulate gene expression from activation from androgen receptor. Is that bad? lol

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what do you mean when you say b6 will downregulate gene expression from activation from androgen receptor. Is that bad? lol
yeah i want to know too

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
http://www.jbc.org/content/267/6/3819.full.pdf

The short answer is that maybe it's bad. Transcriptional response basically is the beginnings of what proteins the cell in making - it's part of the cascade that leads to muscle and strength in response to androgens. Study is in vitro, so it is hard to know if the concentrations are outrageously huge.

Then again, I'm a guy who drank a bunch of grapefruit juice to help out his Hdrol.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What purpose does prolactin serve in men?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
L-Dopa/Bulk 1-Carboxy

agreed. i use 1 scoop 1carboxy and p-5-p every night b4 bed

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any foods that increase dopamine or inhibit prolactin?

pavlovsdog

Awards
It's the bio available or active form of vitamin B6.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What has everyones results been on P5P?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
T3 lowers prolactin. But I dunno, unless your gearing up for a special night/weekend or something where something major like caber is in order, I think outstanding has the right idea by just keeping your estro in check

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What purpose does prolactin serve in men?
Basically acts as a protectant hormone. Following a dopamine spike (such as orgasm) prolactin is released and decreases sex drive thereafter. In evolution, this may have been an adaptation to encourage couple bonding.

During times of hyperthermia, especially hyperthermia during exericse, prolactin is released and reduces drive and exercise performance to prevent the organism from continuing to generate great heat loads exercising and to prevent heat illness such as heat-stroke.

Br

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone know where I can buy some 1-Carboxy? Pref Bulk

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So pretty much, males in todays world doesn't even need Prolactin?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't be a reductionist. Wiping any one hormone out of an endocrine system that functions as a cyclical cascade and strives for balance is going to have transient and devastating effects on the rest of system.

Br

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Don't be a reductionist. Wiping any one hormone out of an endocrine system that functions as a cyclical cascade and strives for balance is going to have transient and devastating effects on the rest of system.

Br
I don't mind transient as much as devastating. Estrogen reduction before a contest it fine by me :)

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, or mentioned in a while throughout this thread, FormaStanz is a great intervention for Progesterone. I have always been of the mindset that controlling estrogen = controlling prolactin and progesterone at the same time.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I don't mind transient as much as devastating. Estrogen reduction before a contest it fine by me :)

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, or mentioned in a while throughout this thread, FormaStanz is a great intervention for Progesterone. I have always been of the mindset that controlling estrogen = controlling prolactin and progesterone at the same time.
good info bro. controlling estrogen is also one of the best ways to control cortisol as well. Progesterone is actually derived from pregnenolone, as well as most of the other major hormones. I'm not sure what this has to do specifically with this topic, but I'll post this up for anyone interested in seeing a chart of the exact pathway that steroidal hormones take in the body, I find it quite interesting...

steroidpathways.jpg

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
good info bro. controlling estrogen is also one of the best ways to control cortisol as well. Progesterone is actually derived from pregnenolone, as well as most of the other major hormones. I'm not sure what this has to do specifically with this topic, but I'll post this up for anyone interested in seeing a chart of the exact pathway that steroidal hormones take in the body, I find it quite interesting...

View attachment 41421
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MakaveliThaDon again.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

View attachment 41421

So, beyond the fact that cortisol and estrogen are both lipid based hormones, and share a common preprohormone....can you provide evidence that estrogen or high estrogen levels leads to an increase in cortisol?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything out there that will destroy my refractory period?