Question on cooking chicken?

  1. Registered User
    TipTopShape's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    7794

    Question on cooking chicken?


    Does cooking chicken breast in the oven at 400 degrees for like 20-30 minutes denature protein?

  2. Registered User
    Exposure's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Albany, IN
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by TipTopShape View Post
    Does cooking chicken breast in the oven at 400 degrees for like 20-30 minutes denature protein?
    Yes. I cannot post links, but you can manicure the string below. It is a link to a "study" regarding your question. Take it with a grain of salt, as you should with most studies. Hope it helps.

    springerlink.com/content/knx05035304x7774/
  3. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    brb, buffet
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Rep Power
    234822

    why the hell would you cook it that hot and long?
    350 and 15-20mins is more than enough lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Exposure's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Albany, IN
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    why the hell would you cook it that hot and long?
    350 and 15-20mins is more than enough lol.
    Word. I usually go 300 or so and cook it for 45 mins. Most of the time I grill it, but even then it doesn't go over 350-345. I use low heat on the grill and it still only takes about 15 minutes or so to start showing signs of burning.
  5. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    brb, buffet
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Rep Power
    234822

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    Word. I usually go 300 or so and cook it for 45 mins. Most of the time I grill it, but even then it doesn't go over 350-345. I use low heat on the grill and it still only takes about 15 minutes or so to start showing signs of burning.
    haha yea me too. Ive worked at resturants from when I was liek 5 for 4-5 years. Im a master at grilling haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  6. Registered User
    Exposure's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Albany, IN
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    haha yea me too. Ive worked at resturants from when I was liek 5 for 4-5 years. Im a master at grilling haha
    Haha yeah. You can't go wrong with a grill IMO!
  7. Registered User
    Chico222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    221

    I use the Foreskin grill, I mean Foreman grill. It's the sh*t at grilling that there chicken bresteses.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cooking with oil
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. Cooking Chicken in Microwave?
    By MentalTwitch in forum Recipes
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 11:06 PM
  3. Cooking chicken in the microwave?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. chicken breast v chicken thighs
    By cheezscott in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
  5. Quick chicken question
    By Distilled Water in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in