Taking Vitamin C

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin C? When do you guys take it and why? How much?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
in the morning after breakfast, vitamin shoppe brand buffered C powder form. about a teaspoon which is 2-3 grams

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I take an extra 500mg with breakfast, and again with dinner. I also take a multi vitamin with breakfast, and dinner.

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
A 1g dose should be fine with breakfast. It's one of the more studied doses too, not that I think the stuff is dangerous in anything but insane amounts!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea either way its water soluble so there is no toxicity issues, 1-5 gs are all acceptable doses

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
1G Breakfast, 1G about an hour pre workout, 1G after workout... however been researching up on the risks of taking post workout, may switch that one to take before bed with pre bed meal instead..

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'm super dosing today....feeling kinda ****ty....500mg at breakfast, 1g every 3-4 hours after that

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i saw an interview with Marius Pudz where he said he takes 3-4 grams a day but when he feels a cold coming on he ups it to like 20 grams.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i saw an interview with Marius Pudz where he said he takes 3-4 grams a day but when he feels a cold coming on he ups it to like 20 grams.
**** looks like i'll have to step it up then

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't overdo it, but with vitamin C it's kind of hard to overdo it, so go to town if you feel like it.

Vitamin C is awesome

HealthyAt4n

Awards
2 fresh orange each before breakfast meal

Vitamin C? When do you guys take it and why? How much?
I do eat my 2 fresh orange each before breakfast meal and before to sleep (midnight snack). As what I read at pureandhealthy.com, body absorbs its nutrients of fruits at the morning before the meal.