Check/Rate my Diet

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Currently 5'8'' at about 180 with about 14% BF, trying to recomp down to about 10-12%...

Currently Running
Natadrol
HGenerate
Creatine
Beta Alanine
Fish oil
Multi
Vit C,D,E
NA-RALA

Workout Days (4 Days/sat,mon,wed,fri)

Breakfast
4 egg whites
2 Whole Eggs
1 cup Oats (1 scoop protein for flavor)
1 cup almond Milk (in the oats)

Snack
8 oz Tuna/Chicken
1 cup Brown Rice/Whole Wheat Noodles
1/4 cup feta Cheese

Lunch
8-10 oz Chicken/Turkey
4 oz sweet Potato or 1 cup Brown Rice/Whole Wheat Noodles

Pre-Workout
1.5 Scoops Whey
1 cup oats

Post Workout
2 scoops Whey
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop Perfect carb

Diner
8 oz Red Meat
1-2 cups broccoli

Pre-Bed
2 tbsp PB/Almond Butter
1/2 cup CC
-or-
1 scoop Casein
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp PB/Almond Butter
----------------------------------

Off Days (3 days/sun,tue,thu)
Breakfast
4 egg whites
2 Whole Eggs
1 cup Oats (1 scoop protein for flavor)
1 cup almond Milk (in the oats)

Snack
8 oz tuna/Chicken
1 cup whole wheat noodles/brown rice

Lunch
8-10 oz Chicken/Turkey
1 cup Brown Rice/Whole Wheat Noodles

Snack
1.5 scoops whey
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 banana

Diner
8-10 oz Chicken/Turkey/Fish
1-2 cups broccoli

Pre-Bed
2 tbsp PB/Almond Butter
1/2 cup CC
-or-
1 scoop Casein
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp PB/Almond Butter

Rate it and add suggestions please...

I seem to post my diet plan every 2 months or so.. maybe im insecure? haha

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
Currently 5'8'' at about 180 with about 14% BF, trying to recomp down to about 10-12%...

Pre-Bed
2 tbsp PB/Almond Butter
1/2 cup CC
-or-
1 scoop Casein
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp PB/Almond Butter
IMO... 1 Cup CC and 1tbsp of PB.

It may even be cheaper like that. I know the CC I eat is $3.00 for 6 1/2 cup servings. After the PB it may be around 75 cents for your pre-bed meal. I just don't like the idea of the CC and the 16-18g of fat right before bed. 8 is enough IMO.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
What is your daily caloric intake/expenditure versus your desired caloric intake? Macros?

And out of curiosity, any particular reason you have 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs instead of all whole eggs for breakfast?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would cut creatine out of the list so you don't have any water retention in you for that dryer shredded look of a person with low bf%.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Looks like all good food choices.

A breakdown of your total calories vs. maintenence calories would be helpful - as I see plenty of opportunity above to trim excessive calories, but only if necessary.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I would cut creatine out of the list so you don't have any water retention in you for that dryer shredded look of a person with low bf%.
Water retention is usually confined in the muscles. The "bloat" effect is applicable for some people, but not all. Regardless, the benefits far outweigh - if you need to reduce water retention, cut out creatine intake for a week or so, and that should do it. For me, visually, there is no difference on / off.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
ok here is a rough breakdown of macros on workout day
Fat = 95g
Carbs= 300
Pro = 325

total Cals in = 3400
Maintenance = 3250 (rough estimate on a quick google searched calculator)

Not sure what my expenditure is exactly, i have a very active job that i work 4-5 days a week where i am outside constantly walking/moving, and my workout routine is full body that takes quite a bit out of me and do 20-25 mins of hiit after each lift... I imagine i burn through quite a few calories on a normal day..

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
ok here is a rough breakdown of macros on workout day
Fat = 95g
Carbs= 300
Pro = 325

total Cals in = 3400

Not sure what my expenditure is exactly, i have a very active job that i work 4-5 days a week where i am outside constantly walking/moving, and my workout routine is full body that takes quite a bit out of me and do 20-25 mins of hiit after each lift... I imagine i burn through quite a few calories on a normal day..

Yeah, for a recomp you're probably spot on. Ideally a recomp will have calories expended equal to calories required, perhaps 50 to 100 calories in defecit.

Your main focus should be low GI carbs, lean meats, and low (high quality) fats - which you seem to have in check. I'm not going to hate on the red meat, because I know a lot of you guys swear on that.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea red meat eaten by someone working out with good training promotes test and test promotes fat loss..

You could even give keto a try.

I personally blow up on creatine and see a huge physical difference when on and off. Coming off, I look ripped and dry. Coming on I have a wet bulk look.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, for a recomp you're probably spot on. Ideally a recomp will have calories expended equal to calories required, perhaps 50 to 100 calories in defecit.

Your main focus should be low GI carbs, lean meats, and low (high quality) fats - which you seem to have in check. I'm not going to hate on the red meat, because I know a lot of you guys swear on that.
Man i was eating red meat every night for diner there for about 2 months. I just recently slowed down on it stuff gets expensive, I get free Chicken Breasts which is awesome so i throw those in on my rest days now instead.. also worth mentioning that i cook everything in 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp of EVOO/Coconut oil, i didnt add that to my macros because i figure there is only a small amount of it making it to my body considering how most of it is in the pan still after frying..

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Yea red meat eaten by someone working out with good training promotes test and test promotes fat loss..

You could even give keto a try.

I personally blow up on creatine and see a huge physical difference when on and off. Coming off, I look ripped and dry. Coming on I have a wet bulk look.
I did in the past, not something im wanting to try again... haha i lost alot of bf that way but was miserable..

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did in the past, not something im wanting to try again... haha i lost alot of bf that way but was miserable..
Haha I hear you man.. I'm trying it for two-three weeks to rip some bf off quickly and then slowly introduce about 70-80 g of carbs a day to maintain a lower bodyfat. Then a SD cycle where carbs are upped to the max. All this preparation so I can keep my bf down while on SD gaining mad weight. It's b****.

Very carb sensitive myself.. If I eat one slice of pizza I look like a damn anaconda digesting a hippo (just picture that and you'll know what I mean lol) severe bloats.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Haha I hear you man.. I'm trying it for two-three weeks to rip some bf off quickly and then slowly introduce about 70-80 g of carbs a day to maintain a lower bodyfat. Then a SD cycle where carbs are upped to the max. All this preparation so I can keep my bf down while on SD gaining mad weight. It's b****.

Very carb sensitive myself.. If I eat one slice of pizza I look like a damn anaconda digesting a hippo (just picture that and you'll know what I mean lol) severe bloats.
haha good luck bro.. it takes quite a bit to bloat me, i would look like that by the end of my carb up days while i was running keto.. it is a pretty disgusting thing to see looking in a mirror.. like the top of the abdomen sticks out further than chest and even lower abdomen kinda crazy looking..

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha good luck bro.. it takes quite a bit to bloat me, i would look like that by the end of my carb up days while i was running keto.. it is a pretty disgusting thing to see looking in a mirror.. like the top of the abdomen sticks out further than chest and even lower abdomen kinda crazy looking..
You know exactly what I'm talking about haha. Thanks man good luck to you on your fitness goals as well bro.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i like it, looks pretty similar to what i do. nice variety!

kyoryoko

Awards
I wanna eat like that and lose weight lol.

Keto is rough though. Any diet low on carbs will sapp the focus and energy from you. Might hinder work and the workout as both seem intensive. But by the looks of it you burn off more carbs than you eat. Looking good. Let us know how your recomp goes. Good luck!!!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I don't think 1-2 cups of broccoli is enough veggies a day. Toss 1/4lb of spinach (precooked) in there at the least. Why does everyone stay away from the veggies?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I don't think 1-2 cups of broccoli is enough veggies a day. Toss 1/4lb of spinach (precooked) in there at the least. Why does everyone stay away from the veggies?
yea i thought this would come up, i honestly dont mind veggies its just the convenience factor comes in with it for me, i can only pack so much in my lunch box and its busting out as is.. I totally agree that im lacking veggies though, maybe ill just throw about 1/2 cup green veggies in on top of my chicken and another 1/2 cup or so in with my 1st snack... it will be a cluster ****ed snack and lunch though, the veggies would literally be laying on top of the meat..

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
variety is the spice of life. you could eat as much damn broccoli as you like as far as i know. i throw down a couple of spoons of psyllium right before bed. usually throw in a spoon of casein powder & crushed flax.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I did KETO and was fine. You have to increase fats depending on energy levels. I would keep the creatine. No reason to drop it. I would also eat whole eggs. Other than that keep up the good work.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
6 whole eggs seem over kill to me. Also only eating 2 seems like a waste of the other 4 I only eat the whites of. Any reason behind eating all whole?

Nistin

Awards
I really think this diet would work out well for me. However, any modifications I should think about to try and cut down bodyfat?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I really think this diet would work out well for me. However, any modifications I should think about to try and cut down bodyfat?
just adjust the carbs accordingly, if your losing too slowly take some out and replace with green veggies..

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
How about 3 or 4 whole eggs and some trader joes turkey bacon. Its smoked dark meat turkey with only 1 gm fat, and no sat. fat. Its all protein with no nitrates or nitrites. That will add lean protein to your breakfast meal.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
How about 3 or 4 whole eggs and some trader joes turkey bacon. Its smoked dark meat turkey with only 1 gm fat, and no sat. fat. Its all protein with no nitrates or nitrites. That will add lean protein to your breakfast meal.
that does sound pretty good bro, may give it a try.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Its good. I have been scrambling that up with 1/2 potato, and some onion chopped up. Good stuff.