How to eat Peanut Butter??

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
I'm able to eat the regular PB by the spoonful, the smooth and creamy one with hydrogenated oils and all that garbage.

I switched to Natural PB, ingredients: Peanuts, salt.

Gosh...that tastes awful, don't know if it's because it has no sugar or anything in it...i'm looking for ways to eat it.

Keep it low carb please.

Thank you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mixed with lowfat cottage cheese is nice, blended into your shakes also works.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
**** that into my egg whites man

ANPB taste amazing melt it and youll be like DAMMMMMMMMMMNNN ****s tasty

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually add a spoonful to my morning oats.MMMtatsy

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Mixed with lowfat cottage cheese is nice, blended into your shakes also works.
Yeah, I mix them in shakes too but sometimes i dont have access to a blender or anything so i gotta have a simpler form of consuming it.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man, i read that and yet, I had a brain fart. Sorry, yeah celery. I used to eat that for a snack when I was younger. I forgot all about that

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Oh man, i read that and yet, I had a brain fart. Sorry, yeah celery. I used to eat that for a snack when I was younger. I forgot all about that
lol dont worry, still appreciate the idea though :)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just try mixing it with honey or natural maple syrup? That's what I do. In fact, I've seen some peanut butter at Whole Foods that have honey or maple syrup in them. The company name I believe is simply "the peanut butter company"
Edit: Okay the company is called "Peanut Butter & Co."
http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/
Probably expensive.
I haven't seen all their products, but the ones I've seen are good.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Why don't you just try mixing it with honey or natural maple syrup? That's what I do. In fact, I've seen some peanut butter at Whole Foods that have honey or maple syrup in them. The company name I believe is simply "the peanut butter company"
Edit: Okay the company is called "Peanut Butter & Co."
http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/
Probably expensive.
I haven't seen all their products, but the ones I've seen are good.
Sounds great!! :D

Thanks!

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
With a spoon. Man up ;)

You don't do this for it to taste good.

Otherwise you can swap BCAAs & natural PB and whey shakes and raw eggs for beer n pizza and cake n **** :D

Nah seriously tho, throw in some greek yoghurt, some honey and some dried fruit.

Dried fruit got quite a lot of sugar in, a little handful adds some texture n sweetness to the dish...........

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
With a spoon. Man up ;)

You don't do this for it to taste good.

Otherwise you can swap BCAAs & natural PB and whey shakes and raw eggs for beer n pizza and cake n **** :D

Nah seriously tho, throw in some greek yoghurt, some honey and some dried fruit.

Dried fruit got quite a lot of sugar in, a little handful adds some texture n sweetness to the dish...........
Great!! Love the idea as well :D

Yeah i know we don't do this for the taste but if there's a way to make things taste better without sacrificing macros or hurting our diet then you know...always good to know

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
WOW!! I tried this recipe, tweaked it to perfection but it goes like this:

1 scoop whey
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (30 sec microwave to melt)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A drizzle of olive oil if the mixture is too dry
Sweetened with any sweetener (I used one teaspoon agave syrup)

Mix it all up with ur hands....DARN IT! Tastes just like the filling of a Reese's Cup!!
It makes like 6-8 balls...depends on how u like the size of ur balls.

Good Fats, Good Protein, Low Carb =D

(Not saying this is a great way to take ur peanut butter...just saying its a good snack)

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
haha jk filipe.

but i can't wait to try that as soon as i get some more PB. can you taste the olive oil at all? i've had it straight before and i'm not too fond of the taste it has.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I guess I have acquired the taste because I just eat it with a spoon...i don't have time for that other shyyt.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
haha jk filipe.

but i can't wait to try that as soon as i get some more PB. can you taste the olive oil at all? i've had it straight before and i'm not too fond of the taste it has.
No, the olive oil is just so to add some moisture in there and help on the molding process, like i said, about 1 teaspoon or so. You don't have to add it...i just did it because it was way too dry.

You can also add a bit of water to moisten it i guess.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried almond butter? for me i can eat PB or almond butter by the spoonfuls, no need to add anything..

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Have you tried almond butter? for me i can eat PB or almond butter by the spoonfuls, no need to add anything..
$11 for a jar of almond butter compared to like $3.50 PB...

Yeah like i said...the regular with sugar and hydrogenated oils i can eat easily...but the natural one is hardcore

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
$11 for a jar of almond butter compared to like $3.50 PB...

Yeah like i said...the regular with sugar and hydrogenated oils i can eat easily...but the natural one is hardcore
where the hell you buy your almond butter? PB is cheaper but almond butter is like 4 bucks at my wal mart..
i was talking about natty PB, i can eat it by the jar :food:

DenDestroys

Awards
Personally, I like to cut an apple in half an put peanut butter all over the surface and then stick raisins on top of the PB and eat it.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys eating that nasty grainy (you have to mix every time you use it) PB because skippy natural is fantastic on its own

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys eating that nasty grainy (you have to mix every time you use it) PB because skippy natural is fantastic on its own
i roll with skippy, i tried the stuff ur talking about and its horrible, but the nutrition facts on it rock...

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
i roll with skippy, i tried the stuff ur talking about and its horrible, but the nutrition facts on it rock...
i think the stuff from peanut butter & co. is better, but skippy isn't bad.

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
It's an acquired taste I guess cause I actually prefer natural over the processed.

Maybe it's just knowing how much better the natural kind is that makes it appealing to me.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
there really isnt that big of a taste difference between regular skippy and natural skippy. Same goes with jif

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
So Jiff's the thing then uh...never knew much about PB brands =\

I'll buy some Jiff next time then...

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
there really isnt that big of a taste difference between regular skippy and natural skippy. Same goes with jif
Wait have you read the ingredients to Jiff? It has hydrogenated oils and rapeseed oil. Here is something I've learned. If something is advertised a lot and it's a food product, it probably isn't that good for you. Think about it, the only foods you see advertised on tv are garbage like fastfood and processed food. No one advertises ground beef on tv. You could say perdue is okay, because they advertise it as free range chicken, but it's not okay. Those chickens are feed a lot of soy, with in turn effects you.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
You will get used to the taste of nattyPB and soon be salivating for more. I didn't like it at first either, but damn I'm addicted now.

Mindless

Awards
Skippy contains sugar, so it's not really natural peanut butter and therefore misleading.

The first time I tried NPB I didn't like it at all, I couldn't believe people would want to eat this stuff, but after a week I got used to the taste. I now actually prefer the natural ones.

BTW you don't have to mix/stir the peanut butter every time you use it. Just when you start a new jar, open it, stir/mix it well and then keep it in the fridge and it'll be like one of the processed ones.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Skippy contains sugar, so it's not really natural peanut butter and therefore misleading.
Why not? sugar is a natural product as well. Splenda or saccarin or aspartame isn't.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone ever try PowerButter? I've gone through 2 jars of it and it's awesome with apples (tastes a bit like carmel apples). A bit more protein and flax seed/oil too...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone ever try PowerButter? I've gone through 2 jars of it and it's awesome with apples (tastes a bit like carmel apples). A bit more protein and flax seed/oil too...
I get the Naturally More which is made by the same company at Walmart. It uses cane sugar instead of honey, but otherwise is about the same. Other than being less than 1/3 the price.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get the Naturally More which is made by the same company at Walmart. It uses cane sugar instead of honey, but otherwise is about the same. Other than being less than 1/3 the price.
Yeah, just saw that you can get it for < $3 on their website compared to the $4.5 I was paying for PowerButter. Good call for the next order...

:facepalm:

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
This one's easy. Buy peanut butter made with Valencia peanuts. Valencia peanuts are naturally sweet, and you'll be surprised that there's no added sugar in the jar. Trader Joes sells their own brand, and Arrowhead Mills Valencia peanut butter can be found at Raleys or most health food stores. I'm on the west coast btw.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm able to eat the regular PB by the spoonful, the smooth and creamy one with hydrogenated oils and all that garbage.

I switched to Natural PB, ingredients: Peanuts, salt.

Gosh...that tastes awful, don't know if it's because it has no sugar or anything in it...i'm looking for ways to eat it.

Keep it low carb please.

Thank you.
At first I didn't like it but then I got used to it. Now I can't eat the "other" type of PB because it taste too much like candy.

I mean, natty PB just has a roasted peanuts taste. Just mix it up so you mix that oil back into the paste. Taste good to me!

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
At first I didn't like it but then I got used to it. Now I can't eat the "other" type of PB because it taste too much like candy.

I mean, natty PB just has a roasted peanuts taste. Just mix it up so you mix that oil back into the paste. Taste good to me!
It's not even the taste that's my biggest issue, it's how chalky and dry it is...if I have just a TEAspoon, I have to chug water down like crazy so it doesnt get stuck in my throat. I got that Smucker's Natural PB, with bits of peanuts in it...trust me ...that stuff is bad, i'm using it on my morning protein shakes though, that's the only way I can take them for now.

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
mix it in with pasta or spread it on slices of apples.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the grainy one is just hard to swallow and has little flavor. If you having to add honey or whatever just to down it then you might as well save a buck and go with the Skippy. To those who eat it with pleasure, my hat is off to you lol. (to DerickVonD) The Jif i was talking about was Jif Natural which is more or less the same thing as natty Skippy.
Ill have to give the Naturally More a go.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how can you struggle with this. I love Natty pb so much more then crap pb. I can eat Smuckers Natty by the spoonfulls.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the grainy one is just hard to swallow and has little flavor. If you having to add honey or whatever just to down it then you might as well save a buck and go with the Skippy. To those who eat it with pleasure, my hat is off to you lol. (to DerickVonD) The Jif i was talking about was Jif Natural which is more or less the same thing as natty Skippy.
Ill have to give the Naturally More a go.
Oh okay, I didn't even know they made a "natural" one.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
how can you struggle with this. I love Natty pb so much more then crap pb. I can eat Smuckers Natty by the spoonfulls.
It's conditioning. I used to like the taste of doritos, now I can't even stand the smell.