Rate the Diet :)

BB Ambitious

Awards
Alright so I'm finally back :fing02:

Our Rugby team ended winning the division 3 championship as well as being the best in our state :gives:

I hadn't been able to hit the gym or really diet clean through the past month(drinking 12 beers every weekend really hurts) but I got plenty of running in through practice and 80 min games so it was alright.

I start work tomorrow, here's what I have laid out, if you can give me better ideas' or any suggestions don't hesitate I love the feedback:smlove2:

So I'll be working typically 6am-4pm, but for these next two weeks it's going to be 6am-6pm(****ing shift work :sad3:)

For tomorrow:

5am-- Cup of water, multi-vitamin+2 alpha t2) maybe a banana or eggs if I can manage making them that early
6:45am--First 10-15 min break, Strawberry lowfat yogurt mixed with some oats, NEED some help here not sure what to add..Maybe protein shake?
9am-- Another 10 min break, PB and J? not sure..
12pm-- Lunch, Turkey on multi-grain bread, cup of almonds, cup of some green veggies(spinach, green beans/peas)Water+2 more alpha t2
3pm--10 min break, protein shake+water,
6pm-- Another turkey sandwich on my way to the gym
8pm-- Tuna Salad
10pm-- Banana+3 caps PowerFull+Cup of water

Give me some help :food:

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Alright so I'm finally back :fing02:

Our Rugby team ended winning the division 3 championship as well as being the best in our state :gives:

I hadn't been able to hit the gym or really diet clean through the past month(drinking 12 beers every weekend really hurts) but I got plenty of running in through practice and 80 min games so it was alright.

I start work tomorrow, here's what I have laid out, if you can give me better ideas' or any suggestions don't hesitate I love the feedback:smlove2:

So I'll be working typically 6am-4pm, but for these next two weeks it's going to be 6am-6pm(****ing shift work :sad3:)

For tomorrow:

5am-- Cup of water, multi-vitamin+2 alpha t2) a banana or eggs if I can manage making them that earlymaybe
6:45am--First 10-15 min break, Strawberry lowfat yogurt mixed with some oats, NEED some help here not sure what to add..Maybe protein shake?
9am-- Another 10 min break, PB and J? not sure..
12pm-- Lunch, Turkey on multi-grain bread, cup of almonds, cup of some green veggies(spinach, green beans/peas)Water+2 more alpha t2
3pm--10 min break, protein shake+water,
6pm-- Another turkey sandwich on my way to the gym
8pm-- Tuna Salad
10pm-- Banana+3 caps PowerFull+Cup of water

Give me some help :food:
Ok well when u have the lowfat yogurt with Oats you could try using greek yogurt since it has a good amount of protein usually 17grams or more per serving and you could add a half scoop of whey and have ~30 grams of protein and you could mix the oats in it with fruit. I would take that banana you eat before bed and mix it with the yogurt. Reason being is that you are using powerfull and a banana before bed is going to negate the GH releasing effect because Insulin lowers GH. Lunch you could just cook chicken breasts and brown rice ahead of time and put it into tupperware and freeze it then microwave the day you are planning to eat to defrost it. or just use a bowl and foil. Also if your strapped for Time and you like PB&J sandwhiches you could look into buying some Power butter , it has 32 grams of protein, 12 carbs and 19g fat. It would make a more complete meal . It doesnt look like you are getting that many calories at all each meal seems very light on calories. Are you cutting? Post workout instead of Tuna Salad I would eat some carbs (unless your cutting then just veggies, fat and protein if your doing low carb) like Sweet potatoes, brown rice, wheat pasta ETC. Another option would be to eat some carb with chicken or steak or whatever meat post workout and instead of the PB&J you could eat a tuna sandwhich and add some EVOO and mayo or Hummus or something for more fats your diet looks really low on fat aswell. breakfast you really need to eat protein dont just do carbs, Eggs and Banana and some complex cho like oats or Ezekial bread or whatever.

BB Ambitious

Awards
Ok well when u have the lowfat yogurt with Oats you could try using greek yogurt since it has a good amount of protein usually 17grams or more per serving and you could add a half scoop of whey and have ~30 grams of protein and you could mix the oats in it with fruit. I would take that banana you eat before bed and mix it with the yogurt. Reason being is that you are using powerfull and a banana before bed is going to negate the GH releasing effect because Insulin lowers GH. Lunch you could just cook chicken breasts and brown rice ahead of time and put it into tupperware and freeze it then microwave the day you are planning to eat to defrost it. or just use a bowl and foil. Also if your strapped for Time and you like PB&J sandwhiches you could look into buying some Power butter , it has 32 grams of protein, 12 carbs and 19g fat. It would make a more complete meal . It doesnt look like you are getting that many calories at all each meal seems very light on calories. Are you cutting? Post workout instead of Tuna Salad I would eat some carbs (unless your cutting then just veggies, fat and protein if your doing low carb) like Sweet potatoes, brown rice, wheat pasta ETC. Another option would be to eat some carb with chicken or steak or whatever meat post workout and instead of the PB&J you could eat a tuna sandwhich and add some EVOO and mayo or Hummus or something for more fats your diet looks really low on fat aswell. breakfast you really need to eat protein dont just do carbs, Eggs and Banana and some complex cho like oats or Ezekial bread or whatever.
Wow thanks for that post man, I'll look into doing a lot of that and yeah I'm trying to cut(hoping the t2 will help) My workout is pretty simple, it's basically like the starting strength routine-- Bench 5x5, Squat, Deadlift, Then overhead press, squat, incline, with a dumbbell lift circuit at the start, ab routine at the end. Cycling the workouts, off days well still thinking of what to do, I feel like I can do more, not much but something so I don't feel like I'm wasting away, any ideas?

Also I took a bf% test and it read 16% I don't know if I really agree with that, but I do have some problem areas(same areas as everyone else--Gut-Chest--Hip area) that are ready to be burned:firedevil:

I can try to get some pictures up soon, and again thanks for the help.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect, I'd say its a 4-5.

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
If I want to cut, what can I do to improve it?
either i'm blind or I didn't see any veggies! Make sure you get your greens, yellows, darks and lights. I have a love hate relationship with vegetables -_-

Edit: Oh now I see them, must have skim read over that part. still I think you can use a bit more :p

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Start cooking more and start relying on less deli meat and bread. Maybe swap a sandwich for a salad with chicken or steak in it and hopefully a lot of veggies with a fat based dressing. I'm personally a fan of nuts and fruit for a snack.

If you can't get up early enough for a meal in the morning, my go to meal in a hurry is a 40g protein shake with 1-2 tbsp olive oil and 6-10oz of fruit.