Lean mass diet

ShockCollar

ShockCollar

Awards
I was wondering something. If I were to limit my carbs to >100g complex, and minimize fats to >20g monounsats, with a 1.5g per lb of body weight protein intake, would this diet burn fat and build lean mass simultaneously?

I figure if I minimize fats and carbs, work out at an intense rate, do 30min cardio 4 times a week, and take a multi, creatine, mass fx, and 6bromo...ill burn off the fat while maintaining or building lean muscle mass. Could this work?

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
No it will not.

The diet you have laid out, for someone at your weight, only gives you roughly 1600 cals a day. There is no way to build lean muscle with that many calories. You would actually lose a great deal of muscle mass with so few calories.

ShockCollar

ShockCollar

Awards
what do i do to add lean mass while burning fat? can i jack up to 2700 cals a day, with like 70% of those calories coming from protein in whole foods? Like I just eat chicken and white fish all day, with some omega3, and a can of mixed veggies?

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Take anabolics. At 5'11 173lbs you have a lot of muscle to add on. Work on that slowly and you shouldn't add much fat. In my opinion, having more muscle at the same bodyfat always looks better. 15% at 160 looks much worse than 15% at 220.