23yo Low Test

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Unhappy 23yo Low Test


    I am 23 and have been having issues that pointed to low test for a while. I spoke with my dr and finally convinced him to run a Total Test lab. The lab came back and i was sitting at 272ng/dl. According to my Dr. this is in the normal range of 240 - 820. This seems excessively low relative to my age, is it? He doesnt want to do anyting about it and I belong to an HMO for insurance so he is my assigned Dr. any recommendations on getting this up higher?

    My symptoms seem to fit that of low test, low sex drive, trouble gaining muscle, mid section fat, irritability and mild depression and the biggest one being fatigue.

    Any recs?


  2. That sucks m8. Take some reasonable steps to improve your test levels. Go back to your doc after a month and see what the score is, explain the changes you made and if nothing has changed see if he will do anything for you.

    Are you overweight? Excess fat increases your estrogen levels. Also a crash diet will kill your test levels dead. If you drink alcohol, stop. Improve your diet (No processed food, more healthy fats, nuts, olive oil are very important) Do big muscle groups in the gym, squats, bench, pull ups, all low reps high weight. Keep a record of the changes you make and give all the info to your doc. To show your taking it serious and so should he.

    Your Test does seem low for someone your age, but i'm no doc.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by scb2121 View Post
    I am 23 and have been having issues that pointed to low test for a while. I spoke with my dr and finally convinced him to run a Total Test lab. The lab came back and i was sitting at 272ng/dl. According to my Dr. this is in the normal range of 240 - 820. This seems excessively low relative to my age, is it? He doesnt want to do anyting about it and I belong to an HMO for insurance so he is my assigned Dr. any recommendations on getting this up higher?

    My symptoms seem to fit that of low test, low sex drive, trouble gaining muscle, mid section fat, irritability and mild depression and the biggest one being fatigue.

    Any recs?
    Its pretty low and Im sure you probably dont feel the greatest I kno when I had 0 test I felt ****ty, when I had 250 test I felt ****ty, and now im at 400 and still only feel alright. Get it tested again in a month. If your primary doc wont refer you then call your insurance and find an Endo covered by your insurance. get an appointment with him and if its still at the same level and you want TRT and he wont do it then repeat with a New doctor.


    have you made any drastic changes to your lifestyle or eating habits?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by scb2121 View Post
    I am 23 and have been having issues that pointed to low test for a while. I spoke with my dr and finally convinced him to run a Total Test lab. The lab came back and i was sitting at 272ng/dl. According to my Dr. this is in the normal range of 240 - 820. This seems excessively low relative to my age, is it? He doesnt want to do anyting about it and I belong to an HMO for insurance so he is my assigned Dr. any recommendations on getting this up higher?

    My symptoms seem to fit that of low test, low sex drive, trouble gaining muscle, mid section fat, irritability and mild depression and the biggest one being fatigue.

    Any recs?
    What I would do, and im crazy, is fast and deprive your self of sleep and get a test after you have put your body through that. Im sure your test will have lowered enough to to qualify you for HRT... Risk V. Reward... Think about it..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    What I would do, and im crazy, is fast and deprive your self of sleep and get a test after you have put your body through that. Im sure your test will have lowered enough to to qualify you for HRT... Risk V. Reward... Think about it..
    Remind me why I ask you for advice again? haha

    .. You're nuts!
    •   
       


  6. My mom died a little over a year ago, I think the stress killed my test more than anything. I eat fairly well, supplement with healthy fats. I am overweight but not horribly. 25% bf, but I dunno what came first the weight or the low test. Definitely can tell it is down, I had it tested a few months before my mom died it was up around 625. I have been dieting, but pretty softly, lots of exercise, moderate calorie reduction.

    I talked to the doc and he said to come in again in a month for another test. I might have to try your crazy little stunt there. Any idea what a doc would prescribe for low test? I would imagine because of my age test replacement would be a pretty big pain.

    Thanks for the help

  7. im not sure depression can lower hormone levels in your body.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by scb2121 View Post
    My mom died a little over a year ago, I think the stress killed my test more than anything. I eat fairly well, supplement with healthy fats. I am overweight but not horribly. 25% bf, but I dunno what came first the weight or the low test. Definitely can tell it is down, I had it tested a few months before my mom died it was up around 625. I have been dieting, but pretty softly, lots of exercise, moderate calorie reduction.

    I talked to the doc and he said to come in again in a month for another test. I might have to try your crazy little stunt there. Any idea what a doc would prescribe for low test? I would imagine because of my age test replacement would be a pretty big pain.

    Thanks for the help
    he would probably put you on TRT if he does anything ,either gel or shots

  9. You guys realize that once you start HRT its a lifetime process? Sure it may sound sexy now but think about getting poked every week, 52x a year at least, for the rest of your life. Look around at other methods to raise it naturally first. When you get caught up with numbers you obsess about it. Just work on eating whole foods, plenty of fats and cholesterol and minimizing stress.

  10. What about clomid or something similar I have been reading a bit about it. It sounds interesting

  11. Quote Originally Posted by scb2121 View Post
    What about clomid or something similar I have been reading a bit about it. It sounds interesting
    Clomid is probably the best option to try to get it up. I did 50mg for 7 or 8 weeks and went from low 100s to mid 400s . I dont have money to get on trt so im just waiting it out to see what happens

  12. When are you going back to the doc srb?

  13. In 2 weeks. I will keep you posted. I have adjusted my diet to see if that makes a difference.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    You guys realize that once you start HRT its a lifetime process? Sure it may sound sexy now but think about getting poked every week, 52x a year at least, for the rest of your life. Look around at other methods to raise it naturally first. When you get caught up with numbers you obsess about it. Just work on eating whole foods, plenty of fats and cholesterol and minimizing stress.

    honestly pinned for rest of life? nothing would please me more
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

  15. honestly...................... ...... i like the idea of killing ur test just to get hrt. and yes deppression can decrease test. and yes clomid might work but if u take clomid it is wise to stack with a tiny bit of nolva (cant find the article btu its on her) clomid alone raises E levels as well
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

  16. I WOULD LOVE TO BE ON TRT
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

  17. What about being on just Nolva?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    What I would do, and im crazy, is fast and deprive your self of sleep and get a test after you have put your body through that. Im sure your test will have lowered enough to to qualify you for HRT... Risk V. Reward... Think about it..
    If its likely it wont go up naturally, this is actually one of the better things to do IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    You guys realize that once you start HRT its a lifetime process? Sure it may sound sexy now but think about getting poked every week, 52x a year at least, for the rest of your life. Look around at other methods to raise it naturally first. When you get caught up with numbers you obsess about it. Just work on eating whole foods, plenty of fats and cholesterol and minimizing stress.
    Its not once a week. The TRT treatment shots can be done once a month. No biggie. But it does open up the ability to blast and cruise all yo uwant, just put back 3500 to take care of gyno surgery.

    Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    Clomid is probably the best option to try to get it up. I did 50mg for 7 or 8 weeks and went from low 100s to mid 400s . I dont have money to get on trt so im just waiting it out to see what happens
    I am getting my test levels checked soon. 3 years of mind melting stress and pain, and I think mine are shot. If its low I think I will try one of these therapies first before ever giving into TRT crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    honestly pinned for rest of life? nothing would please me more
    It sounds good...but how about going on vacation, or lets say your stuck in the wild for 2 months due to an accident, or your on a cruise and the ship sinks and your stranded on a small island that has enough to live off of but now you dont have your TRT.

    Its so limiting.

  19. Stop thinking about the pro's/cons. Trust me on this...at a level below 300ng/dl, you practically NEED to be on TRT.

    I was in the low 300's and felt "fine" enough, but I was getting injured frequently, crappy sleep, brain fog, mood swings, relationship problems...etc..

    I didn't notice that my life was full of issues, because I was simply used to the way I felt. When I got on TRT and boosted my levels up to 1100, I can't even express the difference. Its not just the muscle buidling. My mood, attitude, concentration, focus, goals, ambititions, and personality are enhanced GREATLY. I will never go back.

    Don't worry about getting stranded on an island. Having mood swings and lack of sex drive don't matter when you are stranded on an island anyhow... You don't need high T to survive.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    Stop thinking about the pro's/cons. Trust me on this...at a level below 300ng/dl, you practically NEED to be on TRT.

    I was in the low 300's and felt "fine" enough, but I was getting injured frequently, crappy sleep, brain fog, mood swings, relationship problems...etc..

    I didn't notice that my life was full of issues, because I was simply used to the way I felt. When I got on TRT and boosted my levels up to 1100, I can't even express the difference. Its not just the muscle buidling. My mood, attitude, concentration, focus, goals, ambititions, and personality are enhanced GREATLY. I will never go back.

    Don't worry about getting stranded on an island. Having mood swings and lack of sex drive don't matter when you are stranded on an island anyhow... You don't need high T to survive.
    So in your opinion would low T levels cause mild depression, a lack of drive or care in the world, and inability to think, and constantly being tired? I have stood by as my life has been sinking into hell and almost cant care anymore -.-

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    If its likely it wont go up naturally, this is actually one of the better things to do IMO.



    Its not once a week. The TRT treatment shots can be done once a month. No biggie. But it does open up the ability to blast and cruise all yo uwant, just put back 3500 to take care of gyno surgery.



    I am getting my test levels checked soon. 3 years of mind melting stress and pain, and I think mine are shot. If its low I think I will try one of these therapies first before ever giving into TRT crap.



    It sounds good...but how about going on vacation, or lets say your stuck in the wild for 2 months due to an accident, or your on a cruise and the ship sinks and your stranded on a small island that has enough to live off of but now you dont have your TRT.

    Its so limiting.
    i dont put myself in those island situations
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    So in your opinion would low T levels cause mild depression, a lack of drive or care in the world, and inability to think, and constantly being tired? I have stood by as my life has been sinking into hell and almost cant care anymore -.-
    Without a doubt, yes. People don't appreciate the systemic effects of low testosterone enough in my experience.

    The 1st step is to identify the reason your T is low; if it's dieting, stop or cut back. Make sure you get atleast 70-80g of health fats per day, ideally some Omega-3s.

    If it's not that, ask yourself have you always been low or has there been an acute change? Identify that change, and seek steps to work around it. Sleep deprivation, stress, etc can all be managed.

    Depending on how the cause and how low it is, you can either consider HRT or a SERM. Even HRT has options; I'd probably recommend a low dose hCG to maintain the testicles with some exogenous testosterone, or hCG monotherapy with an AI as needed if you can do it on 2k IUs per week or so.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    honestly...................... ...... i like the idea of killing ur test just to get hrt. and yes deppression can decrease test. and yes clomid might work but if u take clomid it is wise to stack with a tiny bit of nolva (cant find the article btu its on her) clomid alone raises E levels as well
    Well since you obviously whant your test higher than the real "replacement level", why don't you just go all out on roids now?
  24. ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    So in your opinion would low T levels cause mild depression, a lack of drive or care in the world, and inability to think, and constantly being tired? I have stood by as my life has been sinking into hell and almost cant care anymore -.-
    I would sum it up in one sentence. Testosterone desensitizes you to stress.

    I wouldn't necessarily say that low-t would directly cause deprression, but it can certainly cause an exponential downward spiral to any pre-existing fatigue, anxiety and depression.

    For example, if you are overworked, getting 4 hrs sleep, stressed from the various reason, and you are feeling like hell, having low-t will make you REALLY feel it hard.

    Fixing your hormones isn't always going to fix the fact that you are overworked, stressed, etc, but it will help big time in desensiziting you to stress. Getting 4hrs of sleep isn't going to push you off the edge like it would with low hormones. Your overall appreciation for life should improve given the right conditions.

    If there no sole reason why you are depressed, (ex. lost your job, lost a family member) then you can pretty much bet its the hormone problem.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ __________________

    I used to wake up in the mornings and hate getting out of bed. I used to worry constantly about everything. I worried about my job, my classes, my homework, my girlfriend, my car, my workouts, my family, EVERYTHING. And the constant worrying led to anxiety and lack of sleep... I never considered myself depressed and felt "fine"

    Now, the TRT makes me feel motivated and in control of my feelings, thoughts, and actions. I no longer experience the hard anxiety from my small worries. Its seems as if everything in my mind has been repositioned/reprioritized into the right proportions. Life is just simpilier and I have control over it now!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  2. NATURAL TEST BULK, AND stack HGHUP/Free test questions
    By passthatblunt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 01:51 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Log in
Log in