Fat soluable vitamin toxicity?

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I take spectro 3 multivitamin 1 tab TID, been thinking about taking an extra vitamin e supplement, should I be worried about toxicity?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I take spectro 3 multivitamin 1 tab TID, been thinking about taking an extra vitamin e supplement, should I be worried about toxicity?
na you should be fine :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Go for a mixed tocopherol/tocotrienol blend, Toco8 for example. Also, ones that usually promote a high amount of gamma-tocopherol usually (in my experience) have a blend of the 8 vitamin Es too.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just do a google search of "Tolerable Upper Intake Levels of Vitamins and Minerals"

You will be able to see what the UL's are for various vitamins and minerals. The UL is set particularly for those who take supplements. As it is hard to reach toxic levels through food sources alone.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info bros, I've used toco-8 before in pct and for general health benefits and a rep told me that as long as its dosed properly I should be fine.

R

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
Id follow the rec dose and go with for eg. TOCO-8 since its mixed tocopherol/tocotrienol blend.
just having high dose of one of them usually the cheapest ones as is in most multivitamins Iv read can cause issues.

baybe take a couple days off a week form taking it to be sure.

but remember you can overdose and have issues with ANY vitamin even water soliuble ones. for eg. HIGH DOSES OF B6 can cause nerve damage.
ofcourse the diff is it donw build up liek vite e would in your body but a BIG dose ad one time could still mess you up. so just because its water soluble done mean its safe to take a TONE of it. lik vitA is another one that can be bad to take too much of.
but vit-C doen have issues to take 1000 or even 7000mg ed only sides was upset tummy and soem dirria in tests doen using 20 and 30g doses.
not every vit is the same.

just dont over do it and do research on them before you take them.
this gose for anything really i guess.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the info bros, I've used toco-8 before in pct and for general health benefits and a rep told me that as long as its dosed properly I should be fine.
He told you right.:fing02: