Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Answers
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Don't think that there is anything really new here.

I think the ongoing confusion results when people ask for simple answers to complex problems and the health community tries to give them. The vast majority of people do NOT scrutinize calories or quantities of foods consumed. Therefore they are only left with scrutinizing WHAT they eat even though this is only half of the equation.

The human body has evolved systems to utilize both saturated fat as well as carbohydrate. What it has not evolved to utilize (well) are trans-fats (a synthetic trans-fat) and processed, high GI carbs.

The way that I look at it is both quantity and quality of food is important and the two are proportional. Meaning the more you eat a certain food, the higher quality it should be. If you are on a low carb diet then the odd bit of candy is not going to be significantly harmful, however if you are on a high carb diet then the bulk of it should be whole fruits and low-moderate GI legumes and grains. The same argument can be made for consumption of fats. This is the logic that leads to the common balanced diet recommendation.
  3. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    Don't think that there is anything really new here.

I think the ongoing confusion results when people ask for simple answers to complex problems and the health community tries to give them. The vast majority of people do NOT scrutinize calories or quantities of foods consumed. Therefore they are only left with scrutinizing WHAT they eat even though this is only half of the equation.

The human body has evolved systems to utilize both saturated fat as well as carbohydrate. What it has not evolved to utilize (well) are trans-fats (a synthetic trans-fat) and processed, high GI carbs.

The way that I look at it is both quantity and quality of food is important and the two are proportional. Meaning the more you eat a certain food, the higher quality it should be. If you are on a low carb diet then the odd bit of candy is not going to be significantly harmful, however if you are on a high carb diet then the bulk of it should be whole fruits and low-moderate GI legumes and grains. The same argument can be made for consumption of fats. This is the logic that leads to the common balanced diet recommendation.
    Well said.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Well said.
    +1 I agree.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Well said.
    This.

Pretty much everything said in that article has been considered common knowledge in the body building community for years...

I agree with Nitrox, people want simple answers for complex problems... too bad it doesn't quite work like that in the real world.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    +1 I agree.
    +2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. quick question about pwo cardio and pwo simple carbs
    By BIGGUNZ401 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
  2. Proper Amount of Protein and Carbs After Cardio
    By I am Weasel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
  3. How to dose BCAAs and carbs for fasted cardio
    By ItsHectic in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
  4. Carbs after emty stomach HIIT cardio ?
    By emzobg in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
  5. Scientific American
    By LCSULLA in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 02:21 PM