Can I bulk with white rice?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Main question here is can white rice be used as one of my main carb sources to gain muscle and fat, it doesnt matter to me. I have a hard time gaining fat, so im gonna stick to the cheaper white rice rather than brown rice. However, if white rice cannot yield lean mass due to its glycemic factor, I'll have to spend a lot more on brown rice; which I dont really want to do. So again, can white rice yield lean mass, I already know fat can readily be gained with excess white rice consumption and that doesnt bother me.. My other carb sources will be whole grain pasta, and wheat bread. I do not like sweat potatoes, so thats out...

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
when it comes to muscle fuel carbs are carbs. Some are just a lot more likely to be stored as fat than others. It is a great bulking carb source so eat up

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How much more could it really cost?

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
I've never noticed a price difference, but considering they have to process brown rice to turn it into white rice, I would think white rice would have a higher cost if any different. Can the difference in cost really be worth losing something like 90% of the nutritional value?

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I've never noticed a price difference, but considering they have to process brown rice to turn it into white rice, I would think white rice would have a higher cost if any different. Can the difference in cost really be worth losing something like 90% of the nutritional value?
the lack of fiber in white rice should help him consume more of it. I dont think there is a real price difference

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, at my walmart a 3lb bag of brown rice is more expensive than a 5lb bag of white rice by say twice the cost.. Big difference for me, and when i eat rice, I eat..

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Actually, at my walmart a 3lb bag of brown rice is more expensive than a 5lb bag of white rice by say twice the cost.. Big difference for me, and when i eat rice, I eat..
I thought the white might be cheaper but i rarely do the shopping so....

sub001

Awards
The guy who made a video called "Supersize Me (with Steroids)" ate nothing but pork and white rice. Only catch is he was in another country with only sticky white rice available. He had ok results, probably because of AAS, but it's probably not the WORST thing on earth, but it's also not a $50 difference. I'd just get the brown stuff if you're serious about this hobby. So much better for you and I'm sure sam's club has some bangin deals.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
When i was young, i figured i could fit more rice in my stomach if i didn't cook it. Haha i was stupid.

If you can't afford to eat brown rice, how can you afford to eat anything other than white rice?

Anyways, carbs are carbs :)

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Yah man, 200g of carbs coming from candy bars is the same as 200g carbs coming from blueberries or broccoli.
minus antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and other phytochemicals.

Id rather eat white rice then candy bars though.

Gamer why not just get red potatoes if u dont like sweet potatoes or yams. U can make anything everything with potatoes

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Yah man, 200g of carbs coming from candy bars is the same as 200g carbs coming from blueberries or broccoli.
well obviously fruits and veggies have other non carb benefits but in speaking of only carbs the carbs in blueberries and broccoli is basically only one step away from that of the candy bar.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
long grain brown rice ftw, if your gonna get carbs bets to get all you can. processed foods have high Gi loads

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
white rice is faster acting I like to eat it in the "offseason" because it goes down faster and stimulates hunger even more

brown rice is a bit slower acting still medium acting source of carbs, and will cause you to feel a little bit fuller

Remember regarding the glycemic index if you mix your carbs with protein,fats,fiber, it slows the glycemic index. That is the first point

each have their benefits I like to eat brown rice pre-contest

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
minus antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and other phytochemicals.

Id rather eat white rice then candy bars though.

Gamer why not just get red potatoes if u dont like sweet potatoes or yams. U can make anything everything with potatoes
I like red potatoes, think I'll get a crap load of those with my white rice and to the above poster, how does not wanting to pay extra for brown rice mean im not serious about my lifestyle?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
bro, baked sweet potatoes are horrible! They taste like candied dirt.

HOWEVER, eat them raw! peel them and slice them up into thin slices raw. They taste amazing and the texture is totally different. Trust me on this...

Its almost like a carrot.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established

HOWEVER, eat them raw! peel them and slice them up into thin slices raw. They taste amazing and the texture is totally different. Trust me on this...

They are tastey

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Might have to try that, thanks!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is completely incorrect. for quality gains you want quality carbs and the right ones at the right times.

Post training is when you want simple or fast acting carbs. and no fats. fats dramatically slow this down

a candy bar is high in fat.

what happened to your onion log did you ever complete the onions experiment and get testing done afterwards?

I know you have been missing in action from this board and I was subscribed to your log .

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
That is completely incorrect. for quality gains you want quality carbs and the right ones at the right times.

Post training is when you want simple or fast acting carbs. and no fats. fats dramatically slow this down

a candy bar is high in fat.

what happened to your onion log did you ever complete the onions experiment and get testing done afterwards?

I know you have been missing in action from this board and I was subscribed to your log .
i thought he was being sarcastic lol. Anyhow i knew fiber slowed down carbs a bit i did not know fat had this effect. guess i need to do some reading

kyoryoko

Awards
White rice is cheaper but it's faster. Donno what your macros and cal intake per day is but I go with brown rice. Rice is really cal dense and usually to be full I'd eat about 400 cals in just the rice.
It's ur call though.
Another small note is that some ppl "fill up" better on different carbs. Potato, bread, or rice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 2
Nutrition / Health 1
schizm Supplements 1
SatishOG Anabolics 19
Nutrition / Health 1