how important is a multivitamin??? ha

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.47%

Exactly eventually you have to reach a point of saying "enough is enough". You can move away from the highly populated areas, ditch your car, become a vegan eating only organics and artificial nothing, ditch all plastic food container/utensils, make your own soaps and clothes, Spend only limited amounts of time in the sun properly clothed to minimize exposure time, and eliminate any electricity intensive appliances to minimize electromagnetic exposure, but where do you draw the line. You pretty much have to be a vegan Amish, which i dont even think is possible, and even then are you safe? lol

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.57%

Smeh... Natural. Synthetic.

IMO it doesn't really matter.

The dose makes the poison.

Cancer? Its statistics. Considering humans are continuing to live longer and longer, its really just a matter of time. DNA can only replicate so many times before cancer develops.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    I actually use them. I wasnt aware the tabs were not synthetic though i never actually cared to check. Still might be a little pricer than those who can onlly really spend money on the basics are going to want to spend.

Again though there are so many things out there that will throw free radicals your way that you cant criticize synthetic vitamin users if your not avoiding everythg within your resonable ability.
    There still made in a lab, but closer to nature if you do the research.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.89%

Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    I don't have a choice for the most part mate. I drink milk that has a shelf life of 2 years at 70 degrees. That can't be that good for you. ALL the food I eat is processed too...but there is no organic food in a chow hall, hell, some of the beef is actually horse too (horse is delish though)

My point was more of a "look, everything causes cancer, don't sweat the small ****" approach. Synthetic vitamins may cause cancer, grilling chicken may cause cancer, you can't even count the things that MAY cause cancer. Instead of worrying about your vitamins maybe being synthetic and maybe causing cancer, worry about not smoking, and not sitting in tanning booths every day. There is too much crap that might give you cancer, and really...synthetic vitamins...there is no way to even prove those cause cancer...because you can't survive on vitamins alone. You can't have a successful control group to even figure that one out lol. I dunno man, I respect your opinions, but truth is some people can't afford designer vitamins, and some people just dont care.

To support my statements:

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/wha...cer&floc=wn-nx

There. All of us will have kidney cancer. This study was published in the International Journal of Cancer too. I dunno man. Cancer causing studies are bs to me.

Listen, i COMPLETELY understand the money aspect being the end all in nutrition.

I do not buy organic ANYTHING. I'm just sayin, if you are going to spend the money on the supps, get ones that work. spending 5 bucks on dogsh*t is not a better deal than spending 20$ on something that will help you.

For the record, i use ADAM multi. I mainly was just hating on centrum. I didn't mean for this to get out of control concerning humans, the environment, and carcinogens.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    Listen, i COMPLETELY understand the money aspect being the end all in nutrition.

I do not buy organic ANYTHING. I'm just sayin, if you are going to spend the money on the supps, get ones that work. spending 5 bucks on dogsh*t is not a better deal than spending 20$ on something that will help you.

For the record, i use ADAM multi. I mainly was just hating on centrum. I didn't mean for this to get out of control concerning humans, the environment, and carcinogens.
    Oh I agree, I used to use Centrum, and now use ADAM. Yeah, its maybe like 10-15 bucks more expensive over a 3 months span, but I have the money to do a lot better than ADAM, but I like the profile it has for 10 bucks ya know. I am a bargain shopper, and totally agree with you, you need to be using quality stuff, I was just picking a side for arguments sake I love your avi btw way lol!!!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.47%

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post

yeah it did get a little out of hand. Why didnt you just say you use adam in the first place lol. Anyhow my only point was that sometimes that 5 bucks is really all some people can splurge at times. In those cases i think centrum, or whatever 5 buck bottle, will suffice. The end
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.71%

Quote Originally Posted by roachboy101 View Post
    hey guys, everything i get into as far as protein, pre wrkout etc gets pretty expensive and multi's seem pricey as well. just wondering if multi's are that important or what haha stupid question..

thanks in advance
    It's not a stupid question. Multivitamns are like an insurance for your health. While we try to eat healthy, we still have little "holes" in diet. The multi is to patch 'm up and get all those vitamins daily, which is important for people who beat their bodies everyday in the gym <---us. Drop the pre-workout stuff, just drink some black coffee that's all you need. Instead, look into fish oil, its got a bunch of pros and even helps your joints, a plus when pulling 325lbs+.

Multis aren't expensive. I take Orange Triad, its like 27 for a 90 day supply. Animal Pak gets great reviews too, but a tad more expensive.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Multivitamin ???
    By raven00 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 02:05 AM
  2. best multivitamin
    By ehs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
  4. Which Multivitamin?