grocery store chicken

permanabol

Awards
Ok so when you go to the grocery store (heb, kroger, randall's etc.) they have those pre cooked chickens in the little plastic containers. They taste so good but I'm wondering the health value per se. has about 11g fat 3 of them sat no trans. In the ingredients it has dextrose yet no carbs and some phosphate something or other in it. So are these good or a no go?

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
11g of Fat in Chicken.... Is this in the deli section.. ? I shop at Kroger too and I don't know what you're talking about. I get the fresh breasts in the styrofoam trays .

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
hes talking about whole roasted chickens, already cooked, and in like a hot tray to keep them warm. Definitely by the deli

rm2211

rm2211

Awards
Its still healthy, allthough chicken skin is never.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
hes talking about whole roasted chickens, already cooked, and in like a hot tray to keep them warm. Definitely by the deli
Ok.. For a second I was thinking of the plastic containers with fried/baked chicken in them by the check out lines.

I didn't realize just how fatty the skin was. Geez

permanabol

Awards
Well of course I take of the skin lol but I'm pretty sure most of the fat sinks off into the chicken itself. If you haven't had it before it's pretty damn good

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well I do notice that a lot of roast chick has crap put in it. The only roast chickens I get are from Whole Foods and even then you have to be careful. One time I saw on the ingredient list "corn syrup solids" "dextrose" and "citric acid". Really? Come on there is no reason for that on chicken. I get the ones that have the least amount of ingredients. I like to eat the skin though for calories and I always cover the chicken in butter.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
11g of Fat in Chicken.... Is this in the deli section.. ? I shop at Kroger too and I don't know what you're talking about. I get the fresh breasts in the styrofoam trays .

Ditto. I get the trays of fresh chicken breast with red and blue label. Trim excess fat throw on a cookie sheet and cover with favorite seasoning. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min depending on thickness.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fat is a good thing... I have no complaints, the more calories on my chicken, the better..

permanabol

Awards
not too worried about sodium to be honest with you....