dieting pointers and suggestions plz!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.95%

dieting pointers and suggestions plz!

hey guys, i look and look for diets and everything and everyone tells me somthing different. i'm 18, been lifting for about 10 months five days a wk, about 5'11 weighing in about 180. wanting to cut the bellyfat wayyyy down. no idea what my bf% is. can post pics up tho if needed. just lookin on advice to cut down. not too worried about losing muscle, i mean, i would much rather keep as much as i can while loosing bellyfat obviously, but i'm much more concerned about losing bellyfat. then bulk up big time. pretty much to sum it all up, just wanting to get belly down then bulk up hard from there! any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Are your stats accurate that you weigh 170 lbs? Something basic and easy to follow is the "cut diet" at www.scivationbooks.com. Look up the 2000 calorie plan or the next highest level. Follow it to a T for 2 weeks and see what your weight does. If it stays the same or goes down 1-2 lbs each week, then that is probably your sweet spot.

IMO at 170 lbs, you probably need to just add some muscle mass in order to fill out. If this diet plan works for you to lean out, just bump the calories back up slightly until you stop loosing weight. To gain lean mass, you don't want to add more than 1lb per week to keep fat gain to a minimum. Also post your workout program and we can see if anything can be changed there.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.95%

Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Are your stats accurate that you weigh 170 lbs? Something basic and easy to follow is the "cut diet" at ]. Look up the 2000 calorie plan or the next highest level. Follow it to a T for 2 weeks and see what your weight does. If it stays the same or goes down 1-2 lbs each week, then that is probably your sweet spot.

IMO at 170 lbs, you probably need to just add some muscle mass in order to fill out. If this diet plan works for you to lean out, just bump the calories back up slightly until you stop loosing weight. To gain lean mass, you don't want to add more than 1lb per week to keep fat gain to a minimum. Also post your workout program and we can see if anything can be changed there.
    yeah i weighd earlier this morning i was at 181. thanks for the input ill check that out. i'll post my workout schedule up in a bit
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dieting Help/Suggestions
    By SinisterK9 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
  2. Tren/Epidrol Stack Pointers/Suggestions
    By RCounty54 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 10:43 PM
  3. Dieting Swede needs some pointers!
    By Aclaim in forum Weight Loss