"pre breakfast"

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been reading Muscle and fitness magazines alot lately and alot of their diets contain a pre breakfast which is usually a whey shake and a quick carb.... i understand the point of this but then how long do u wait before breakfast 2........ ?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i do a pre breakfast shake, i eat about 45 min to an hour later. it doesnt really matter when, just dont wait too long.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
then hwo big is your breakfast afterwards?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
its more of just a regular bland meal. 1 chicken breast and 1 cup of brown rice and 20 oz skim milk. thats it

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
i do a pre breakfast shake, i eat about 45 min to an hour later. it doesnt really matter when, just dont wait too long.
yep... bout 45 minutes. for the regular breakfast meal its mostly carbs and a couple whole eggs (not alot of protein cause i get about 50 grams in the shake). The carbs will be oats or even pancakes :tongue2:

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
I do my shake, cook my eggs, oatmeal, throw some yogurt in the oatmeal- then take my multi after breakfast. Deeelicious!

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
If I have to train early in the day, I'll use a milk and whey shake to cook my oatmeal in and have the yogurt too- just so another meal doesn't interfere with my pre wo supps

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how does this sound........wake up 7 a.m. whey shake and a piece of fruit then bou =t an hour later .75 cup oats and 2 eggs?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
id up it to 4 egss but other than that great

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
how does this sound........wake up 7 a.m. whey shake and a piece of fruit then bou =t an hour later .75 cup oats and 2 eggs?
cmon eat a full cup of oats lol what is this .75

and definitely up the eggs, unless you already have bad cholesterol levels you can eat all the eggs you want

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was just thinkin that the shake will be 24 g pro then 12 from the eggs gives me 36 plus i make my oatmeal with milk soooo is that too much protein

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i was just thinkin that the shake will be 24 g pro then 12 from the eggs gives me 36 plus i make my oatmeal with milk soooo is that too much protein
not at all my friend. I take in 50-70 sometimes. theres alot of dispute about how much we can actually digest at a meal but it really varries from person to person. i just ate a meal that had about 60 grams in it about 30 min ago and about 50 grams of carbs and i am starving i mean freaking starving. eat up man

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well im only 125lbs and with the macros i jsut figured out today i shoudl be shootin for around 40 g a meal thats really y i was htinkin it might be a lil much

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
oh i did not see that 125, yeah 40 sounds about right then. i wouldnt worry too much about going over that though. expecially if you trying to add size. but i dont know if you are. you are right?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea... def tryin to get bigger.... so u thinkw hat i had looks good then or what do u recommend? and u think like a whey shake and like .5 apple or like a nectarine or sumthin is good for the pre breakfast

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
well when it comes to getting bigger, theres really no such thing as too much food. i have a very fast metabolism as i am sure you do. when i started this whole thing i weighed 130, close to your 125. I had to eat more food then it seems possible to eat to add size. i wouldnt worry about exact numbers man. If i were you id wake up do a 50 gram whey shake with .5 cup oats. then in 45 min id eat 4 eggs, 4 peices WGWH toast and some milk.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn... r ur stats up to date? u were 130 and now u 245? How? lol

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah there up to date, i was 130 5 years ago. so to answer you question five years of trainning my ass off and eating tons of chicken, rice, steak, oats etc....

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Every morning I have a whey shake about 20 min after waking. I would drink it sooner, but I give morning supps a chance to absorb.

I drink either a casein shake, or a 12hr release mix prebed, so I don't think my body is that catabolc 1st thing in the morning.
Just to be on the safe side I have my shake. Usually 50-60grams

Then about 1-2hrs later I have breakfast. I eat breakfast at work, so its usually light.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what does ur breakfast consist of usually... also, how come no fast carbs with ur shake?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
what does ur breakfast consist of usually... also, how come no fast carbs with ur shake?
I'm avoiding fast carbs currently.
To be more specific on my morning ritual. I take 3-4gr of ALCAR, 4gr of AAKG, 200-400mg ALA, 3-5gr of creatine, Whey shake.

ALA has been shown to help with creatine absorption, plus its an awesome antioxidant.

Prior to this combo, upon waking I take 2 caps of Leviathan Reloaded, 2 caps AlphaBurn, 1 cap Reset AD.

Breakfast might be a meal replacement bar. If I'm not in a rush, I'll have 3-4 egg whites, with some low fat low cal bacon. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I have to force myself to eat SOMETHING.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea.... i always wondered... when are the best times to take AAKG cuz i got a bottle of the powder and never use it.....and is it helpful?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
yea.... i always wondered... when are the best times to take AAKG cuz i got a bottle of the powder and never use it.....and is it helpful?
I like it. I always try to take it on an empty stomach. I take it morning and preworkout. I thinks its an under-rated supplement.