Egg whites in protein shakes?

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Anyone put egg whites in their protein shakes? If so how much and what flavors? How much can you add before it becomes very noticeable.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
i add liquid egg whites to numerous shakes throughout the day. the flavor almost completely unnoticeable. ive added as much as 8 ounces at a time.... i usually do a combination of 8 ounces of liquid egg whites with a 1 1/2 scoops of protein. basically any flavor of whey does a great job of masking what little flavor the egg whites have. it also gives the shake a nice smooth consistency.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone put egg whites in their protein shakes? If so how much and what flavors? How much can you add before it becomes very noticeable.
I've done so re liquid egg whites, 200-300ml in with my 30g of protein. As mentioned, they're not noticeable at all.

~Team APPNUT

acwingfoot

Awards
is it true that must be pasturized .. or something to that extent.. they cannot be straight from the egg (i.e. just separating out the yolk)

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
is it true that must be pasturized .. or something to that extent.. they cannot be straight from the egg (i.e. just separating out the yolk)
I wouldnt risk doing that plus thats more expensive then buying a carton of egg whites. the big 16 serving one is like 3.25 usually where im at and thats 96G protein vs 42G from a dozen seperated eggs

acwingfoot

Awards
yea thats what i was confirming .. that you need to buy the already separated.. and don't just use a couple whole eggs you separate yourself.. Gordon's Food Center (is you have them where you live) you can buy 64 oz for $6.79.. best deal around!

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
I've always just cracked open an egg and seperated the white. Never had a problem, and have very rarely heard of people getting sick from it. Although, if they sold a carton of egg whites at the local store I would do that instead.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
eggs need to be cooked for you to digest all of the protein

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
eggs need to be cooked for you to digest all of the protein
I have heard that cooking an egg increases the bioavailability of the protein, but not enough for it to make that big of a difference.