Egg whites in protein shakes?
- 04-04-2010, 01:40 AM
- 04-04-2010, 02:13 AM
i add liquid egg whites to numerous shakes throughout the day. the flavor almost completely unnoticeable. ive added as much as 8 ounces at a time.... i usually do a combination of 8 ounces of liquid egg whites with a 1 1/2 scoops of protein. basically any flavor of whey does a great job of masking what little flavor the egg whites have. it also gives the shake a nice smooth consistency.
04-04-2010, 02:58 AM
04-04-2010, 08:15 AM
04-04-2010, 08:31 AM
is it true that must be pasturized .. or something to that extent.. they cannot be straight from the egg (i.e. just separating out the yolk)
04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
yea thats what i was confirming .. that you need to buy the already separated.. and don't just use a couple whole eggs you separate yourself.. Gordon's Food Center (is you have them where you live) you can buy 64 oz for $6.79.. best deal around!
04-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I've always just cracked open an egg and seperated the white. Never had a problem, and have very rarely heard of people getting sick from it. Although, if they sold a carton of egg whites at the local store I would do that instead.
04-11-2010, 04:45 AM
04-11-2010, 02:26 PM
04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By airram479 in forum SupplementsReplies: 54Last Post: 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
- By channelx99 in forum RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
- By channelx99 in forum RecipesReplies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
- By warvictim in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2008, 02:05 AM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 01-01-2006, 05:49 AM