Input needed for Cutting diet

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
Ok so ive been bulking for a while went from 5'9" 175lb like 6% BF for a show over a year ago to about 203lb maybe 16%bf. im down to about 198 right now with just lowering calories and doing cardio 3-4 days a week on empty stomach

atm i am taking gear to help keep muscle (havnt touch anything in over a year so my receptors r nice n fresh:) you can see the stack in the anabolics area of the forums. it starts with some "bulking" agents then in 5-8 weeks ill get into cutters.

as for the diet its roughly just under 3000 cals. i know theres alot of whey powder in there but i try to keep it half n half with whey for 3 meals and whole food ( meat or fish) for the other. the whey just makes life easier with work n all.

meal 1
2 scoops whey
1 cup oats

meal 2
8-10 oz inside round steak
1cup brown rice or quinoa

meal 3
2 scoops whey
2 tbs of PB or 2oz almonds

meal 4
8-10 oz chicken
1 cup brown rice or quinoa

meal 5
1-2 cups broccoli
8-10 oz chicken or fish

meal 6
2 scoops whey
2 tbs pb

ill have 2 scoops of whey after i lift and then a meal 1h after

im thinking of slightly lowering the carbs in meal 1 to 3/4 c oats and the fat in meal 3 to maybe 1.5 oz almonds. its this or start getting more cardio sessions in.

any advice would be great! thanks

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
Ok so ive been bulking for a while went from 5'9" 175lb like 6% BF for a show over a year ago to about 203lb maybe 16%bf. im down to about 198 right now with just lowering calories and doing cardio 3-4 days a week on empty stomach

atm i am taking gear to help keep muscle (havnt touch anything in over a year so my receptors r nice n fresh:) you can see the stack in the anabolics area of the forums. it starts with some "bulking" agents then in 5-8 weeks ill get into cutters.

as for the diet its roughly just under 3000 cals. i know theres alot of whey powder in there but i try to keep it half n half with whey for 3 meals and whole food ( meat or fish) for the other. the whey just makes life easier with work n all.

meal 1
2 scoops whey
1 cup oats

meal 2
8-10 oz inside round steak
1cup brown rice or quinoa

meal 3
2 scoops whey
2 tbs of PB or 2oz almonds

meal 4
8-10 oz chicken
1 cup brown rice or quinoa

meal 5
1-2 cups broccoli
8-10 oz chicken or fish

meal 6
2 scoops whey
2 tbs pb

ill have 2 scoops of whey after i lift and then a meal 1h after

im thinking of slightly lowering the carbs in meal 1 to 3/4 c oats and the fat in meal 3 to maybe 1.5 oz almonds. its this or start getting more cardio sessions in.

any advice would be great! thanks
I looked at your diet and your weight/bf% quickly and think that your macros should be around 250g protein, 150g carbs to start (from direct sources - complex starchy carbs), and no added fats except for your last meal (whether it simply be a fattier meat like steak or you have whey + 1.5tbsp natty PB or some whole eggs with egg whites) - reason being, your carbohydrates are lowest at this meal and the fats will provide a alternative energy source while slowing digestion during the night thus promoting satiety and lipolysis. Prioritize your carbs around meal 1, pre and post workout meals. (~75% of your carb intake split over these three meals). Eat lots of fibrous greens (looks like your already doing this). PM me if you want help tweaking your nutrition and best utilizing your anabolics.

-Alex

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
Hey alex thanks for the reply man. Im going to PM u about the anabolics when i have more time, just doing a quick check on here tonight.

A quick question tho, my carbs are around 150 grams a day atm so i think thats pretty spot on. Im just curious about the fat consumption. My fat is quite low as it is, have u had better experience with even lower fat? The steak im eating in meal 2 is an inside round cut from the butcher, and i get him to trim what little fat is on there:)

again thanks.

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
Hey alex thanks for the reply man. Im going to PM u about the anabolics when i have more time, just doing a quick check on here tonight.

A quick question tho, my carbs are around 150 grams a day atm so i think thats pretty spot on. Im just curious about the fat consumption. My fat is quite low as it is, have u had better experience with even lower fat? The steak im eating in meal 2 is an inside round cut from the butcher, and i get him to trim what little fat is on there:)

again thanks.
I think your fat intake is fine. If you are eating lean round cuts for your red meat meals than it should be no problem. I'd just bump the natty PB down to 1.5tbsp before bed with the shake. But really it won't make a huge difference. Unless carbs are REALLY low, I like to keep fat under 50g (assuming we are talking about a physique that is under 225+lbs LBM)

-Alex

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
Beauty man thanks, once again appreciate it.
Just took a look at myself after work with 5 meals in me, can def notice a difference. waist is coming down and noticing some cuts. Slowly but surely:)