Prozac

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Prozac

I'm not sure which section to post this in...so if a mod needs to move it that would be great.
    I've been seeing a number of different therapist for depression since I was around 8 years old, i'm 17 now and I still feel miserable most of the time even though I have no reason to be. I've been recommended Prozac for the last 2 years or so from a doctor, because of "genetic depression" which they say is caused by natural chemical imbalances or something like that...
    Other wise I eat healthy, plenty of calories (4,000 a day or so) I get 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep a night and plenty of exercise, so that really isn't an issue.

I'm finally deciding I should take it, and was wondering if anybody else has lifted while taking it. How did it effect progress? etc.
    I know some of the side effects are, insomnia, loss of appetite etc...
    I really don't want to be sucked into the American Drug World and the countries most prescribed drug unless I have no other option, and that's how I feel.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I have delt with severe depression since I was 10yrs old. I have been on pretty much every anti-depressent, anti-psychotic, mood stabilizer, anti-anxiety out there and in many combinations. Electro shock therapy was the only thing that has worked and I only started it in Dec.09. I have suffered all my life basically so if therapy can't keep your depression in check, you will have to try some meds. Finding one that works can be hard, but it's better than being miserable all your life.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

the thing about antidepressants are they effect everyone differently. unfortunately you may have to cycle between 8 or more until you find one that really actually does something for you. Perhaps you should also look at natural therapies including St Johns Wort, and also consider pramixapole and deprenyl to potentiate the antidepressant.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT = Clomid+ ? + Prozac
    By gtg223x in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
  2. A fat burner for my wife who is on prozac?
    By Bravoboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 08:44 PM
  3. Prozac + Havoc?
    By foland in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
  4. Prozac and supplements
    By bmac21 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 12:53 AM
  5. Prozac users.....