B12 Max Intake

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
My wife just bought opti-women that she will be taking with speed v2. Both are high in b12; is the amounts of b12 safe for her?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any idea of the amount that may cause toxicity? My wife has lost 15 pounds eating well, exercising and taking Speed V2. I finally talked her into a multivitamin, but I just want to make sure she will be ok.

1667% in the opti-women and 4,167 in the Speed V2.

Myself and others have taken in more than this, but not sure how this affects a women.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it was an extremely high amount, which I doubt it is. The B vitamins are water soluble so any excess will just get peed out. Yellow pee!

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it was an extremely high amount, which I doubt it is. The B vitamins are water soluble so any excess will just get peed out. Yellow pee!
B-12 is the one B vitamin that the body keeps a long term reserve of.

But I still agree with you. B-12 toxicity isn't really that common, it doesn't even have an established UL and typically has a very poor absorption rate anyways.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. I appreciate all of the information.

Thanks

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
But I still agree with you. B-12 toxicity isn't really that common, it doesn't even have an established UL and typically has a very poor absorption rate anyways.
Agree, B12 taken orally has very, very poor absorption. The amount you have to take to be equivalent to B12 IM injections is very high. Do a google search between the two routes of administration.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 6
Nutrition / Health 0
Nutrition / Health 0
Supplements 5
WATERLOGGED Anabolics 1