Recomp diet and macros?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

Recomp diet and macros?

I have never recomp'd before but I am going to attempt to. I usually just cut or bulk. Anyways what are the recommend calories for a recomp? Maintenance? Also I am guessing a 40/40/20 diet would work best? I am thinking that or a tkd keto diet...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

I think you have to be slightly over maintenance calories (200-400) and you have to maintain this for a while as recomping doesn't happen overnight
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Here's my formula for a recomp:
    M-F afternoon: eat carbs at only 2 meals - breakfast and post-training. Try to have between 70-100g on these days. For the other meals, make sure to have 10-20g fat, 40-60g protein, and a serving or 2 of veggies

F night: refeed (this is a clean refeed)

Saturday: eat the same as the week except have 1-2 cheat meals in the evening

Sunday: cheat breakfast, but all other meals clean; eat only meat and veggies from this point.

You can manipulate this to your split as the main thing to do is to eat clean for all but about 4-5 meals.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    M-F afternoon: eat carbs at only 2 meals - breakfast and post-training. Try to have between 70-100g on these days. For the other meals, make sure to have 10-20g fat, 40-60g protein, and a serving or 2 of veggies

Sunday: cheat breakfast, but all other meals clean; eat only meat and veggies from this point.

You can manipulate this to your split as the main thing to do is to eat clean for all but about 4-5 meals.
    hmm might have to try this out.....you need a disclaimer on this...*for dedicated individuals only*
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    hmm might have to try this out.....you need a disclaimer on this...*for dedicated individuals only*
    Recomp and dedication are synonymous.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Recomp and dedication are synonymous.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

These are solid recommendations! Nutrient timing more-so than calorie/macro totals will help you re-comp effectively without dramatically reducing calories. I am not a fan of the cheat meals, more than maybe once per week however.

I will usually take a maintenance diet and cut calories by 250 coming from carbs. I will then take the remaining balance of carbs and structure them in meal 1, pre workout and post workout. On off days I will cut calories by another 250 from carbs and structure carbs with only the first 3 of the total 5-6 meals. Add a little cardio in the mix and this is a general guideline that will help improve body composition a bit.

-Alex
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking macros+sample diet for newbies
    By dirtysanchez in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
  2. The Anabolic Diet best recomp diet?
    By JayRock in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
  3. Replies: 4