Recomp diet and macros?
- 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM
- 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I think you have to be slightly over maintenance calories (200-400) and you have to maintain this for a while as recomping doesn't happen overnight
- 03-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Here's my formula for a recomp:
M-F afternoon: eat carbs at only 2 meals - breakfast and post-training. Try to have between 70-100g on these days. For the other meals, make sure to have 10-20g fat, 40-60g protein, and a serving or 2 of veggies
F night: refeed (this is a clean refeed)
Saturday: eat the same as the week except have 1-2 cheat meals in the evening
Sunday: cheat breakfast, but all other meals clean; eat only meat and veggies from this point.
You can manipulate this to your split as the main thing to do is to eat clean for all but about 4-5 meals.M.Ed. Ex Phys
03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
03-23-2010, 04:20 PM
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
03-24-2010, 04:46 PM
I will usually take a maintenance diet and cut calories by 250 coming from carbs. I will then take the remaining balance of carbs and structure them in meal 1, pre workout and post workout. On off days I will cut calories by another 250 from carbs and structure carbs with only the first 3 of the total 5-6 meals. Add a little cardio in the mix and this is a general guideline that will help improve body composition a bit.
Similar Forum Threads
- By dirtysanchez in forum BulkingReplies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2012, 08:46 PM
- By JayRock in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
- By Maxwell600 in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
- By kjkriston in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
- By cpye2 in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:54 PM