Diet Advice! What would you Change?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Diet Advice! What would you Change?

Below is about how I eat daily. I am trying to lose some fat in the chest and midsection and currently going to start Dermacrine LV plus Formestane LV.
    What would you change in my eating habits during this cycle? THanks

8 egg mlette, 1 yolk
    half cup of brocchli
    1 cup oatmeal

Orange

12 oz. chix breast
    1cup mix veggies
    1 cup of beans

Hand full of Almonds

12oz. chix breast
    1 cup mixed veggies
    .5 cup of beans

50 grams of Whey
    Banana
    Wheat Germ

10oz. Steak
    1 cup mixed veggies

before bed
    50 grams of Casein

2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

To me the diet looks really good!

Do you do any cardio?

If not I would suggest using EC with some BCAAs first thing in the AM and do 20 - 30 mins of low grade cardio 3 times a week. Seems to help keep the muscle but lose the fat.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by musclehustler View Post
    Below is about how I eat daily. I am trying to lose some fat in the chest and midsection and currently going to start Dermacrine LV plus Formestane LV.
    What would you change in my eating habits during this cycle? THanks

8 egg mlette, 1 yolk
    half cup of brocchli
    1 cup oatmeal

Orange

12 oz. chix breast
    1cup mix veggies
    1 cup of beans

Hand full of Almonds

12oz. chix breast
    1 cup mixed veggies
    .5 cup of beans

50 grams of Whey
    Banana
    Wheat Germ

10oz. Steak
    1 cup mixed veggies

before bed
    50 grams of Casein
    What is your height, weight and bodyfat %? Is this an example of your diet on a training day? Do you eat differently on non-training days?

-Alex
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessbyalex View Post
    What is your height, weight and bodyfat %? Is this an example of your diet on a training day? Do you eat differently on non-training days?

-Alex
    My height is 5'8" and my weight is 162.
    This is pretty much my diet on and off training days. I will adjust it accordingly to how I feel that day also. I am Carb sensitive so its kind of a love hate relationship. When I feel like I can use a little more I probably eat 45 grams extra but if I feel I am bloating up a little I will only do carbs pre and post workout then just eat veggies after my post wrkout carbs.
    What do you suggest ? What I hate is how go thru different phases all day long, sometimes i feel like my muscles are full and i feel pretty ripped but then ban I will have a meal or protein shake and start to feel bloated? Let me know if you have any tips or are there any supplements out there that help with this, THanks brother!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    To me the diet looks really good!

Do you do any cardio?

If not I would suggest using EC with some BCAAs first thing in the AM and do 20 - 30 mins of low grade cardio 3 times a week. Seems to help keep the muscle but lose the fat.
    By EC do you mean Ephedrine and Caffeine? I do cardio, usually 3 times a week after a workout for 20 mins, sometimes HIIT sometimes just a jog depending on how hard my strength traing went. Is there a specific EC supplement that you suggest?
  6. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes that is the supplement I was talking about.

Wow you are only 162 you looking bigger than that your arms are HUGE!
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.02%

By EC do you mean Ephedrine and Caffeine? I do cardio, usually 3 times a week after a workout for 20 mins, sometimes HIIT sometimes just a jog depending on how hard my strength traing went. Is there a specific EC supplement that you suggest?
    Your diet looks clean as hell bro. Props. There is nothing I could even be remotely critical about.

For EC, the ephedrine you can buy at Walgreens or CVS. Generally I've heard better responses from Primatene than Bronkaid, they are both bonded to different salts and the Primatene contains a higher ephedrine amount by weight.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.07%

SOLID DIET!!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I had to lose some weight for some surgery a month ago. I am lean overall with some fat in the midsection. They gave me a reduced calorie diet that was stricktly clean. What I am getting at is although you diet is clean, this will only prevent you from putting on any fat. The truth is, to burn away fat you must simply take in less calories than you consume. You can do this by becoming a cardio junkie (upping the cals burnt) or reducing you portions (reducing your calorie intake). This is the only way your body will tap into the existing fat storage to use it as fuel.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    I had to lose some weight for some surgery a month ago. I am lean overall with some fat in the midsection. They gave me a reduced calorie diet that was stricktly clean. What I am getting at is although you diet is clean, this will only prevent you from putting on any fat. The truth is, to burn away fat you must simply take in less calories than you consume. You can do this by becoming a cardio junkie (upping the cals burnt) or reducing you portions (reducing your calorie intake). This is the only way your body will tap into the existing fat storage to use it as fuel.
    i really do not agree wit you,
    I know you have to be in a calorie deficit in order to lose fat but I do not believe you have to becoame a cardio junkie to do it. There are allot of supplements out there and training methods that you can use in order to burn fat in a short amount of time. I do cardio about 3 days a week for 20 mins. when I am trying to lean out. Any more then that and I think you start to lose muscle.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Yes that is the supplement I was talking about.

Wow you are only 162 you looking bigger than that your arms are HUGE!
    Thanks Brother, you should see them on an Arms Day, I can really Pump em up! The avatar was a shoulder day!
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

My height is 5'8" and my weight is 162.
    This is pretty much my diet on and off training days. I will adjust it accordingly to how I feel that day also. I am Carb sensitive so its kind of a love hate relationship. When I feel like I can use a little more I probably eat 45 grams extra but if I feel I am bloating up a little I will only do carbs pre and post workout then just eat veggies after my post wrkout carbs.
    What do you suggest ? What I hate is how go thru different phases all day long, sometimes i feel like my muscles are full and i feel pretty ripped but then ban I will have a meal or protein shake and start to feel bloated? Let me know if you have any tips or are there any supplements out there that help with this, THanks brother!

I took a look at your macro's:
    -Your protein comes out to be about 335g per day. (not including sources like veggies, almonds, beans etc.). so probably around 350g give or take. at 162lbs and an assumed 10-12% bodyfat you are about 145-150lbs lean. I think a lot of people jump to the conclusion that they are carb sensitive when in fact its just rationalization. Your protein is too high. Excess protein can definitely make you feel/look bloated! it becomes rough on your digestive system which can in turn make you bloated. Also, excess protein is converted to glucose - yes this process is why protein has a high thermic effect but its inefficient and may also contribute to that bloated feeling. I would put your protein at 250g which is a bout 1.75g per lb of LBM. I kept this a little higher because you may in fact be slightly less carb tolerant than many and keeping protein high will lessen your carb requirements for the day.

-Your carbohydrates seem pretty low. about 150g or 1g per lb of LBM. you are eating a lot of fiber as well. Too much fiber can make you bloated and rip up your digestive system a bit. I would put your carbohydrates at 250g on training days and 150g on non training days. that's 1.75g/lb LBM and 1g/lb LBM respectively.

-Ditch the almonds and the orange for now. They are okay snacks but I'd put you at 5 evenly balanced meals throughout the day and then see where you're at after a few weeks.

-50g protein per meal from lean sources (whey, egg whites, chicken etc)
    your last meal can be a slightly fattier protein source like steak, salmon or some whole eggs. I wouldn't go about ~15g of fat here though. It is best to have the fattier meal as your last meal because you won't be having any starchy carbs here. Fat and carbs tend not to work well together unless you have a really fast metabolism. Keeping fat to a minimum (EFA'a and a little saturated fat) and carbs as high as you can without spilling over will keep you full, strong and feeling better.

-keep eating your green veggies for fiber and choose fibrous starchy carbs for your main carb sources. I would structure your carb intake to have your largest carb meals be meal 1, pre workout meal and post workout meal. something like this:

meal 1: 75g carbs (breakfast)
    meal 2: 25g carbs
    meal 3: 75g carbs (pre)
    meal 4: 75g carbs (post)
    Meal 5: veggies

On non training days keep your carbs around 150g and prioritize them in your first few meals.

-Alex
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessbyalex View Post
    I took a look at your macro's:
    -Your protein comes out to be about 335g per day. (not including sources like veggies, almonds, beans etc.). so probably around 350g give or take. at 162lbs and an assumed 10-12% bodyfat you are about 145-150lbs lean. I think a lot of people jump to the conclusion that they are carb sensitive when in fact its just rationalization. Your protein is too high. Excess protein can definitely make you feel/look bloated! it becomes rough on your digestive system which can in turn make you bloated. Also, excess protein is converted to glucose - yes this process is why protein has a high thermic effect but its inefficient and may also contribute to that bloated feeling. I would put your protein at 250g which is a bout 1.75g per lb of LBM. I kept this a little higher because you may in fact be slightly less carb tolerant than many and keeping protein high will lessen your carb requirements for the day.

-Your carbohydrates seem pretty low. about 150g or 1g per lb of LBM. you are eating a lot of fiber as well. Too much fiber can make you bloated and rip up your digestive system a bit. I would put your carbohydrates at 250g on training days and 150g on non training days. that's 1.75g/lb LBM and 1g/lb LBM respectively.

-Ditch the almonds and the orange for now. They are okay snacks but I'd put you at 5 evenly balanced meals throughout the day and then see where you're at after a few weeks.

-50g protein per meal from lean sources (whey, egg whites, chicken etc)
    your last meal can be a slightly fattier protein source like steak, salmon or some whole eggs. I wouldn't go about ~15g of fat here though. It is best to have the fattier meal as your last meal because you won't be having any starchy carbs here. Fat and carbs tend not to work well together unless you have a really fast metabolism. Keeping fat to a minimum (EFA'a and a little saturated fat) and carbs as high as you can without spilling over will keep you full, strong and feeling better.

-keep eating your green veggies for fiber and choose fibrous starchy carbs for your main carb sources. I would structure your carb intake to have your largest carb meals be meal 1, pre workout meal and post workout meal. something like this:

meal 1: 75g carbs (breakfast)
    meal 2: 25g carbs
    meal 3: 75g carbs (pre)
    meal 4: 75g carbs (post)
    Meal 5: veggies

On non training days keep your carbs around 150g and prioritize them in your first few meals.

-Alex
    Awesome Alex, I will put all your information to use and I will let you know how I feel in a couple weeks, I appreciate your input!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Awesome Alex, I will put all your information to use and I will let you know how I feel in a couple weeks, I appreciate your input!
    no problem brother! PM me and keep me updated if you like.

-Alex

Similar Forum Threads

1. here is my diet help me change it around.
    By nach0 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 12:53 AM
  2. How should I change my diet/exercise?
    By headend in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 10:48 AM
  3. Do I need a diet change?
    By glennwethere in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. How to tell when to change diet?
    By killagorilla in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 12:51 PM
  5. How offten do you change your diet?