post workout whey with water or milk?

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
personally, i always use milk. some say that milk will slow down absorbtion of the protein, but whey is absorbed very quickly so the milk wont have a big effect on it, it can even help by maknig the release of the protein over time instead of all at once.if trying to lean out or maintain you can use skim or 1 percent, bulking use whole.

vector18

vector18

Awards
This is why I drink one scoop of whey and one scoop of casein only for my
post wo shake. The whey will digest quickly and than you will have a long lasting
protein as time goes on while your muscles are recovering. And I have a
carb powder that I put one scoop also. So 3 scoops of powder and water
immediately post workout. Than I eat about 1 1/2 hours later cause real food is
always better than liquid.

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
Depends on your goals:
Bulking = MILK
Cutting = MILK is for BABIES!

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
DONT listen to Vector , he reads and repeats too much!

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
I use skim milk blended with ice and whey to make a smoothie. I can't stand protein mixed in water. It's like eating cereal with water.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I say water. Because milk digest slower. Looking for a fast response after a workout

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs immediately after workout. Half an hour later I drink a shake with 2 cups whole milk, 2 scoops whey, 1 scoop oat flour (same scoop from protein).

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
I use skim milk blended with ice and whey to make a smoothie. I can't stand protein mixed in water. It's like eating cereal with water.
me neither. i tried protein in water and i almost threw up. in milk its like a milkshake. milk deffinitely. skim if cutting whole if bulking.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
me neither. i tried protein in water and i almost threw up. in milk its like a milkshake. milk deffinitely. skim if cutting whole if bulking.
If you add some dextrose to the shake it will thicken up.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I say water. Because milk digest slower. Looking for a fast response after a workout
"...Because milk digest slower." { This is the EXACT reason you're supposed to drink milk after training. If you're adding whey, your body will get the quick-digesting protein anyway. The casein in milk digests slowly to 'trickle' more protein/aminos into the body once the whey has been completely digested. I'm actually surprised at your response/advice. Please educate yourself on nutrition - and I mean that in the nicest way (not trying to be an @$$hole ).

To the OP: DRINK MILK!!!!!

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
"...Because milk digest slower." { This is the EXACT reason you're supposed to drink milk after training. If you're adding whey, your body will get the quick-digesting protein anyway. I eat within an hour, so this is not a problem. The casein in milk digests slowly to 'trickle' more protein/aminos into the body once the whey has been completely digested. I'm actually surprised at your response/advice. Please educate yourself on nutrition - and I mean that in the nicest way (not trying to be an @$$hole ).

Educate myself?

I drink plenty of milk and understand how it digest slower than whey protein. Let's not act like an ******* because I have a different thought on this. I prefer whey/dextrose post-workout due to the faster uptake. I also eat breakfast prior to my workout and eat lunch one hour after my post-workout shake. I am looking for the fastest way of receiving amino acids and that is with whey or of course your other amino supplements.

I also like to drink ON Nitrocore 24 in between my meals. Why? Because the gap between each of these meals are longer and I need a slower digesting protein. I also like to consume either cottage cheese or a casein supplement before bed time. Why? Because I am looking for the slowest digesting protein to last me until morning.

Your response was pretty damn ignorant. Tell yourself what really works? Because I can talk to several that will agree and disagree on what I have said. Maybe it depends on the person? Who really knows.

I love my milk. I drink 16 to 24 oz of milk everyday, just preferably at different times. The question was for post workout and my answer is educated. Get off your high pedestal you *******.

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your goals:
Bulking = MILK
Cutting = MILK is for BABIES!
this.

i used skim milk in my gold standard whey for like 3 years to bulk up but now im cutting and water seems to be doing the job, milk tends to make me feel like a cow haha

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
"...Because milk digest slower." { This is the EXACT reason you're supposed to drink milk after training. If you're adding whey, your body will get the quick-digesting protein anyway. The casein in milk digests slowly to 'trickle' more protein/aminos into the body once the whey has been completely digested. I'm actually surprised at your response/advice. Please educate yourself on nutrition - and I mean that in the nicest way (not trying to be an @$$hole ).

If you are planning on consuming 3 chicken breast 45 mins after workout, then there is little reason to consume "slow" digesting anything 10 mins post workout...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
If you are planning on consuming 3 chicken breast 45 mins after workout, then there is little reason to consume "slow" digesting anything 10 mins post workout...
The OP never mentioned eating chicken. You are correct if that were the case, though.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Educate myself?

I drink plenty of milk and understand how it digest slower than whey protein. Let's not act like an ******* because I have a different thought on this. I prefer whey/dextrose post-workout due to the faster uptake. I also eat breakfast prior to my workout and eat lunch one hour after my post-workout shake. I am looking for the fastest way of receiving amino acids and that is with whey or of course your other amino supplements.

I also like to drink ON Nitrocore 24 in between my meals. Why? Because the gap between each of these meals are longer and I need a slower digesting protein. I also like to consume either cottage cheese or a casein supplement before bed time. Why? Because I am looking for the slowest digesting protein to last me until morning.

Your response was pretty damn ignorant. Tell yourself what really works? Because I can talk to several that will agree and disagree on what I have said. Maybe it depends on the person? Who really knows.

I love my milk. I drink 16 to 24 oz of milk everyday, just preferably at different times. The question was for post workout and my answer is educated. Get off your high pedestal you *******.
LOL!! If you only knew.... :lmao:

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
LOL!! If you only knew.... :lmao:
I do know that you are 6'0" and 244 pounds? I am going to assume you are a weightlifter or a power lifter and far from being a bodybuilder. I may be wrong. What I mean by this is, you focus on strength gains rather than your physique. For someone who talks a lot of game surely must be able to back it up:eek:h:. Since you are so educated about nutrition, you must have a decent physique? Post some pictures, I would like to know who sits behind that computer of yours. I do not know everything about nutrition or bodybuilding, but I know most that talk "big" behind the computer normally have nothing to show for it? Surely milk might work best for some people, especially those bulking or power lifting, but its not always the best option for a person trying to achieve a particular physique.

If you read, some people are using water, dextrose or milk. Both water, dextrose and milk have their advantages and disadvantages. None are a bad choice!

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
Milk is "ok" if you can benefit from the added calories/sugar and if you can tolerate the lactose. Some cannot and it hinders digestion efficiency which in no way, shape or form improves their post workout nutrient absorption. I tend to stay without milk in my diet, and most of my clients benefit from doing so as well.

-Alex

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
BOTTOM LINE
LISTEN TO WHAT ARNOLD SAID
MILK IS FOR BABIES ,,, I DRINK BEER!

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
BOTTOM LINE
LISTEN TO WHAT ARNOLD SAID
MILK IS FOR BABIES ,,, I DRINK BEER!
Yes sir, I am still drunk from last night. That beer is not all it is hyped up to be. I might try a 50/50 combination. 50 percent milk and 50 percent beer.