Simple Question about lean gains

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
What should the percentage of carbs/protein/fat be? and calorie intake?

My current diet(that i'm about to start breaks down like this)

Calories

Carbs
398g

Protein
270g

Fat

so the percentages would be around
44/30/27

No carbs are taken after my workout (8pm.. so last bit of carbs would be taken at dinner)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That will change depending on the individual, since everyone's body responds differently to everything, including diet. Bear in mind that in order to make lean gains, you should be having above Maintenance calories, but not so much that you gain a lot of fat as well - as to how far above Maintenance you go, you will need to experiment and find out what works best for YOU.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
True, usually I make pretty good gains even around maintenance.. and this is just slightly above. I was just wondering what the most general macro for lean gains where... Thanks though

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
it depends on the individual man... u need to know your own body.

for example, i am by nature slightly insulin resistant, endomorphic and to top it off, have a weak stomach.

So if I take a PCF of 30-50-20 , i'm bound to put on a lot of fat.

So for lean bulk, I basically do monday to friday, a PCF of 35-40-25 where all carbs are low GI (including Post WO carbs). then on Saturday and Sunday, I calorie cycle slightly below maintenance. I change my macros (PCF) to 40-20-40.

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards

My current diet(that i'm about to start breaks down like this)

Calories

Carbs
398g

Protein
270g

Fat

so the percentages would be around
44/30/27

No carbs are taken after my workout (8pm.. so last bit of carbs would be taken at dinner)
You need to determine your calorie intake based on your weight, bodyfat, body-type, activity level, metabolism etc. Once you have a fairly accurate assumption to start with, a safe ratio is 40/40/20. See how you respond to this breakdown over two weeks. See how you feel, how you look, how you are performing in the gym and make adjustments from there.

-Alex