Polar bear meat farm

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards
Wanna start one? Well juice em up and feed them tons, and sell thier anabolic meat!
I know a meat broker who can get me tiger meat, so I think it could be possible to farm them.
Who wants to invest?

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Wanna start one? Well juice em up and feed them tons, and sell thier anabolic meat!
I know a meat broker who can get me tiger meat, so I think it could be possible to farm them.
Who wants to invest?
WTF???? WTF is wrong with you????

Damn!

:damnit1:

JP.

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards

Damn!

JP.

Are polar bears more sentient than cows?
If I breed them in Alaska, what's wrong with that?
then line thier fur with Kevlar and make a gangster a$$ coat.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with that and nice knowing you.

B

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established

Damn!

JP.

they're just another animal right?

Infact i'd feel more comfortable with eating tigers and polar bears than i am with eating cows and chickens.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Who wants to invest?
How good is their meat, taste wise?

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
And how much would it cost, i mean buying the bears, farm maintenance, fees, their foods

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
The tricky part of this would be the herd of feed animals you would have to keep. I'm not sure what the ratio would have to be, (who the hell would?), but to make it viable you would need to have a contained system. Grain lots for feed for the herd, grazing land for them (way easier then barn raising), and then a breed lot of female polar bears. Then you need to sort out who will be jerking off Mr. Polar Bear. There's a reason large carnivores aren't farmed for food. If this is legal I'm game. I want to be the security guy with the 30.06 keeping watch for PETA.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
The tricky part of this would be the herd of feed animals you would have to keep. I'm not sure what the ratio would have to be, (who the hell would?), but to make it viable you would need to have a contained system. Grain lots for feed for the herd, grazing land for them (way easier then barn raising), and then a breed lot of female polar bears. Then you need to sort out who will be jerking off Mr. Polar Bear. There's a reason large carnivores aren't farmed for food. If this is legal I'm game. I want to be the security guy with the 30.06 keeping watch for PETA.
LMAO!!!!!!! :rofl:

"Hey Eddie!! Time to jack off the bear!!!" LOL!!

JP.

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!!!!!!! :rofl:

"Hey Eddie!! Time to jack off the bear!!!" LOL!!

JP.
Hey it's part of farm life. Set up a stand for a pig, bull, horse, K. Then 12 foot tall 1600 lb carnivore, not K.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, actually the reason we don't farm large carnivores is because we don't like to be eaten, but yeah, the costs of feeding them would not work out marketwise. Factor in shipping etc and I bet the meat would be on the order of $35 a pound.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Heard a lot of weird bb'ing **** in my day, but never eating polar bears.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
We can go to the LOST island and pick up some that Sawyer killed

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Where the hell did this even come from? Other than someone saying OMG that bear is diesel he just caught a whale and he's eating it's face. I shall eat him and become as diesel!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, for me I only seem to get drawn to random ****. lol

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards
They are the most agressive mammal, more than other bears even, so I thought it might make some good meat. Also they eat seafood, which eventually eat things that eat kale, usually those are nutrient rich. I think the semen would have to be extracted surgically with sedation and frozen for multiple husbandry attempts.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
They are the most agressive mammal, more than other bears even, so I thought it might make some good meat. Also they eat seafood, which eventually eat things that eat kale, usually those are nutrient rich. I think the semen would have to be extracted surgically with sedation and frozen for multiple husbandry attempts.
OMG I'm loving this thread, this man is a genius! + REP!

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Just a warning. Apparently, Polar Bear liver will kill you. When you do get this rolling watch out for those.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Well, actually the reason we don't farm large carnivores is because we don't like to be eaten, but yeah, the costs of feeding them would not work out marketwise. Factor in shipping etc and I bet the meat would be on the order of $35 a pound.
This. It would cost more than even that though. Black bears would be easier to farm as they lead a more omnivore style life, thus you could feed them grains. They do enjoy grains/vegetables/fruit quite a bit. Bear meat tastes awesome, especially slow cooked/roasted or made into a variety of sausages/pepperoni. Hams turn out awesome as well. This year I will have a stock of apple bear bacon as well. :AR15firing:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
This. It would cost more than even that though. Black bears would be easier to farm as they lead a more omnivore style life, thus you could feed them grains. They do enjoy grains/vegetables/fruit quite a bit. Bear meat tastes awesome, especially slow cooked/roasted or made into a variety of sausages/pepperoni. Hams turn out awesome as well. This year I will have a stock of apple bear bacon as well. :AR15firing:
MMmmmm, apple bear bacon sounds good. Applewood smoked bear bacon sounds even better IMO.

J

j3ffbeck

Awards
The humor has not been missed, but in seriousness, toxins amplify up the food chain. Eating predators is generally not a good idea.

B

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention the fact that they are extremely territorial, temperature sensitive and the cost of feeding a 1500lbs pure carnivore won't be that easy to feed! Plus, they only produce the maximum of 2 cubs after 7 months and then you'll have to wait untill 2 years passed before they can be separed from their mother! This will make things extra expensive to commercialy viable. Though I'm curious about their taste, is turns like it is too much expensive to be even tried:(

B

BMCLouzee

I'm from Texas. We'll eat anything that's on the brink of extinction.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention the fact that they are extremely territorial, temperature sensitive and the cost of feeding a 1500lbs pure carnivore won't be that easy to feed! Plus, they only produce the maximum of 2 cubs after 7 months and then you'll have to wait untill 2 years passed before they can be separed from their mother! This will make things extra expensive to commercialy viable. Though I'm curious about their taste, is turns like it is too much expensive to be even tried:(
Its not expensive lol. Go to Nunavut in Canada and ask a local native for a taste. They hunt them every year, calling it their traditional "beef". I have eaten grizz and many a black bear though..the meat all tastes the same. Very beefy. Although bears tend to taste like what they eat. Salmon bears taste disgusting, polar bears eat seals etc. which are very fishy tasting as well, (if you have ever been to newfoundland you would know haha) so I would imagine they would taste slightly fishy. I fully recommend Black bear though. There are plenty of them, they eat berries an grasses up high and they taste amazing!:AR15firing:

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I'm from Texas. We'll eat anything that's on the brink of extinction.
Polar bears aren't even close to being endangered let alone near the brink of extinction. Contrary to what Al Gore says. On the upside, the only predator I know of that is farmed viably is the alligator and they reintroduce about 5 percent of what they breed. I would imagine you could do that with bears as well.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Polar bears aren't even close to being endangered let alone near the brink of extinction. Contrary to what Al Gore says. On the upside, the only predator I know of that is farmed viably is the alligator and they reintroduce about 5 percent of what they breed. I would imagine you could do that with bears as well.
Alligator tastes great as well. :ninja:

C

chuck66

Awards
Allgators so good when i went down to florida they had fried alligator at a place i went to it was amazing

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
There was an alligator in my friends ditch a while back. Wasn't in my weightlifting/bbing days then so I didn't think to make it a meal.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
MMM...you would be wrong in your assessment there in saying polar bears are the most aggressive mammals. Actually, Polar bears aren't even the most aggressive bear. Sun Bears are known as the most aggressive bears even though they are the smallest bear as well. Right behind them, Kodiak Bears, and then Polar Bears.

Additionally, behavior wise...Wolverines, Badgers, and Hippos are known as the most aggressive because they attack at will without provocation. In essence, these animals hunt for fun as well necessity. Another nice little tidbit...Bears generally back down from no other animal...except for the occasional run in with either a Wolverine or Badger.

I was bored so I thought I create an interesting interruption to this crazy thread. LOL. :D

Cheers!:cheers:

B

BMCLouzee

Alright. My bad. The first thing I though of when I read this thread was "How abundant is Polar Bear?" It came up on this site h t t p : / / w w w . earths endangered .co m/list.asp it looks legitimate enough, but I guess, like some of y'all have already mentioned, polar bears don't produce offspring as often as other typical sources of protein. I guess they're more susceptible to extinction then. If a polar bear can't pop enough youngins to supply meat and preserve their existence, then it shouldn't be eaten in the first place. Makes sense.

B

BMCLouzee

MMM...you would be wrong in your assessment there in saying polar bears are the most aggressive mammals. Actually, Polar bears aren't even the most aggressive bear. Sun Bears are known as the most aggressive bears even though they are the smallest bear as well. Right behind them, Kodiak Bears, and then Polar Bears.

Additionally, behavior wise...Wolverines, Badgers, and Hippos are known as the most aggressive because they attack at will without provocation. In essence, these animals hunt for fun as well necessity. Another nice little tidbit...Bears generally back down from no other animal...except for the occasional run in with either a Wolverine or Badger.

I was bored so I thought I create an interesting interruption to this crazy thread. LOL. :D

Wow. LOL. Dude, you're either feral or a nerd! If you grew up amongst animals, that is totally cool. If you watch Discovery Channel and TIVO shark week that's also cool.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Wow. LOL. Dude, you're either feral or a nerd! If you grew up amongst animals, that is totally cool. If you watch Discovery Channel and TIVO shark week that's also cool.
Its called being a human studies major. I've studied anthropology, criminology, psychology, and sociology. Through my studies a strong portion of research was done on behaviorism and comparing and contrasting as to how the behavior of animals relate to human behaviors. In truth, the only thing that separates animals and humans is that humans use science and logic where as animals rely on instincts.

I can be called a nerd for sure, but I take that as a compliment considering I take pride in educating myself to possess as much knowledge as possible.

B

BMCLouzee

I have great respect for nerds. I guess that's why I'm on here. It's a bounty of legitimate, insightful knowledge if you know how to look for it. I'm completely useless in that field then. I'm a linguistics major. =(

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Alright. My bad. The first thing I though of when I read this thread was "How abundant is Polar Bear?" It came up on this site h t t p : / / w w w . earths endangered .co m/list.asp it looks legitimate enough, but I guess, like some of y'all have already mentioned, polar bears don't produce offspring as often as other typical sources of protein. I guess they're more susceptible to extinction then. If a polar bear can't pop enough youngins to supply meat and preserve their existence, then it shouldn't be eaten in the first place. Makes sense.
Those sites are made by greenies though. Come to Northern Canada and talk to the locals and let them tell ya if the numbers are going up or down.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1ea8233f-14da-4a44-b839-b71a9e5df868
Never trust the dirt people.

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Those sites are made by greenies though. Come to Northern Canada and talk to the locals and let them tell ya if the numbers are going up or down.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1ea8233f-14da-4a44-b839-b71a9e5df868
Never trust the dirt people.
Polar bears are listed as "Threatened" because the Eco-Terrorists sued the gubmint to include them in the list based on an asinine argument, which was essentially " Polar bear population has grown 5-8 percent a year over the last 20 years but will be wiped out by global warming that will happen if CO2 emissions continue at even a mean pace." EPA said, "Sounds totally rational, case closed." Growing polar bear population equals going to die from global warming.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Between Al Gore and real scientists, i go with real scientists. Polar bears are NOT extinct and Global Warming is NOT man-made.

B

BMCLouzee

So here's a modest proposal wink wink (for all you cultured people). People are plentiful. Let's eat people. That Mormon couple with the TV show managed to pop out 19 kids since 1984. Take the ability of a female to produce multiple offspring times the gazillions of women out there plus a man willing to plow her and VOILA!!!!

That would be totally diesel. I digress. So...polar bear meat...

I AM KIDDING.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I wish Admin would install an IQ meter on these threads so I know which ones to avoid.

W

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
anyone who eats bear knows you want to eat the small ones you do not want to shoot a 500ibs black bear to eat they do not taste good at all you want the 100 to 150 ibs bears.i would think this would hold true for polar bear i am thinking 250 to 300 ibs be the best tasting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've wanted to try alligator for a long time, along with snake.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, you haven't lived until you've eaten feral cat. Way more macho than bear or gator or snake.

B

BMCLouzee

Like a housecat type cat? Like a cat that hasn't been domesticated? Or a bobcat or something. Can you be more specific....because when I think of feral cat, I'm thinking Garfield on the streets. I could be wrong, please correct me.

B

Broly

Awards
  • Established
anyone who eats bear knows you want to eat the small ones you do not want to shoot a 500ibs black bear to eat they do not taste good at all you want the 100 to 150 ibs bears.i would think this would hold true for polar bear i am thinking 250 to 300 ibs be the best tasting.
I live in the extreme southwestern Europe, in the Atlantic side, the black bears around here were hunted to extinction back to 1900's, so the biggest game we have here is wild hogs, wich can get a 200lbs maximum(yes, our wolfs are smaller than a big wild hog, and they are forbiden to be hunted). So bear meat isn't available at all, unfourtunatly, neither do alligators. Then we have the consumer consvative position towards food, just to you have an idea when I say I love horse meat or that I'd like to try seagul meat people look at me like if was a crazy guy (I guess they've never tried a nicely grilled horse:tongue2:).

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards

Lol, I just heard that they were most agressive on an old discovery channel special I watched in gradeschool. Chalk one up to science and it's major flaw, impiricism.

As for gator, heard it tastes like fish.