Polar bear meat farm

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Lightbulb Polar bear meat farm

Wanna start one? Well juice em up and feed them tons, and sell thier anabolic meat!
    I know a meat broker who can get me tiger meat, so I think it could be possible to farm them.
    Who wants to invest?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MMAnabolics View Post
    Wanna start one? Well juice em up and feed them tons, and sell thier anabolic meat!
    I know a meat broker who can get me tiger meat, so I think it could be possible to farm them.
    Who wants to invest?
    WTF???? WTF is wrong with you????

Damn!

JP.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jp17815 View Post

Damn!

JP.

Are polar bears more sentient than cows?
    If I breed them in Alaska, what's wrong with that?
    then line thier fur with Kevlar and make a gangster a$$ coat.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Good luck with that and nice knowing you.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Damn!

JP.

they're just another animal right?

Infact i'd feel more comfortable with eating tigers and polar bears than i am with eating cows and chickens.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Who wants to invest?
    How good is their meat, taste wise?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

And how much would it cost, i mean buying the bears, farm maintenance, fees, their foods
  8. Registered User
    Answers

The tricky part of this would be the herd of feed animals you would have to keep. I'm not sure what the ratio would have to be, (who the hell would?), but to make it viable you would need to have a contained system. Grain lots for feed for the herd, grazing land for them (way easier then barn raising), and then a breed lot of female polar bears. Then you need to sort out who will be jerking off Mr. Polar Bear. There's a reason large carnivores aren't farmed for food. If this is legal I'm game. I want to be the security guy with the 30.06 keeping watch for PETA.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    The tricky part of this would be the herd of feed animals you would have to keep. I'm not sure what the ratio would have to be, (who the hell would?), but to make it viable you would need to have a contained system. Grain lots for feed for the herd, grazing land for them (way easier then barn raising), and then a breed lot of female polar bears. Then you need to sort out who will be jerking off Mr. Polar Bear. There's a reason large carnivores aren't farmed for food. If this is legal I'm game. I want to be the security guy with the 30.06 keeping watch for PETA.
    LMAO!!!!!!!

"Hey Eddie!! Time to jack off the bear!!!" LOL!!

JP.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

LMAO!!!!!!!

"Hey Eddie!! Time to jack off the bear!!!" LOL!!

JP.
    Hey it's part of farm life. Set up a stand for a pig, bull, horse, K. Then 12 foot tall 1600 lb carnivore, not K.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Well, actually the reason we don't farm large carnivores is because we don't like to be eaten, but yeah, the costs of feeding them would not work out marketwise. Factor in shipping etc and I bet the meat would be on the order of $35 a pound.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Heard a lot of weird bb'ing **** in my day, but never eating polar bears.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

We can go to the LOST island and pick up some that Sawyer killed
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Where the hell did this even come from? Other than someone saying OMG that bear is diesel he just caught a whale and he's eating it's face. I shall eat him and become as diesel!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Well, for me I only seem to get drawn to random ****. lol
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  174 lbs.
    Answers

They are the most agressive mammal, more than other bears even, so I thought it might make some good meat. Also they eat seafood, which eventually eat things that eat kale, usually those are nutrient rich. I think the semen would have to be extracted surgically with sedation and frozen for multiple husbandry attempts.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

They are the most agressive mammal, more than other bears even, so I thought it might make some good meat. Also they eat seafood, which eventually eat things that eat kale, usually those are nutrient rich. I think the semen would have to be extracted surgically with sedation and frozen for multiple husbandry attempts.
    OMG I'm loving this thread, this man is a genius! + REP!
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Just a warning. Apparently, Polar Bear liver will kill you. When you do get this rolling watch out for those.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Well, actually the reason we don't farm large carnivores is because we don't like to be eaten, but yeah, the costs of feeding them would not work out marketwise. Factor in shipping etc and I bet the meat would be on the order of $35 a pound.
    This. It would cost more than even that though. Black bears would be easier to farm as they lead a more omnivore style life, thus you could feed them grains. They do enjoy grains/vegetables/fruit quite a bit. Bear meat tastes awesome, especially slow cooked/roasted or made into a variety of sausages/pepperoni. Hams turn out awesome as well. This year I will have a stock of apple bear bacon as well.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    This. It would cost more than even that though. Black bears would be easier to farm as they lead a more omnivore style life, thus you could feed them grains. They do enjoy grains/vegetables/fruit quite a bit. Bear meat tastes awesome, especially slow cooked/roasted or made into a variety of sausages/pepperoni. Hams turn out awesome as well. This year I will have a stock of apple bear bacon as well.
    MMmmmm, apple bear bacon sounds good. Applewood smoked bear bacon sounds even better IMO.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

is this serious.?

no way
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

The humor has not been missed, but in seriousness, toxins amplify up the food chain. Eating predators is generally not a good idea.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'6"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Not to mention the fact that they are extremely territorial, temperature sensitive and the cost of feeding a 1500lbs pure carnivore won't be that easy to feed! Plus, they only produce the maximum of 2 cubs after 7 months and then you'll have to wait untill 2 years passed before they can be separed from their mother! This will make things extra expensive to commercialy viable. Though I'm curious about their taste, is turns like it is too much expensive to be even tried
  24. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Damn!

JP.
    omg lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    MMmmmm, apple bear bacon sounds good. Applewood smoked bear bacon sounds even better IMO.

Dam now I'm hungry
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  25. BMCLouzee

I'm from Texas. We'll eat anything that's on the brink of extinction.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Thats what I meant haha.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post
    Not to mention the fact that they are extremely territorial, temperature sensitive and the cost of feeding a 1500lbs pure carnivore won't be that easy to feed! Plus, they only produce the maximum of 2 cubs after 7 months and then you'll have to wait untill 2 years passed before they can be separed from their mother! This will make things extra expensive to commercialy viable. Though I'm curious about their taste, is turns like it is too much expensive to be even tried
    Its not expensive lol. Go to Nunavut in Canada and ask a local native for a taste. They hunt them every year, calling it their traditional "beef". I have eaten grizz and many a black bear though..the meat all tastes the same. Very beefy. Although bears tend to taste like what they eat. Salmon bears taste disgusting, polar bears eat seals etc. which are very fishy tasting as well, (if you have ever been to newfoundland you would know haha) so I would imagine they would taste slightly fishy. I fully recommend Black bear though. There are plenty of them, they eat berries an grasses up high and they taste amazing!
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BMCLouzee View Post
    I'm from Texas. We'll eat anything that's on the brink of extinction.
    Polar bears aren't even close to being endangered let alone near the brink of extinction. Contrary to what Al Gore says. On the upside, the only predator I know of that is farmed viably is the alligator and they reintroduce about 5 percent of what they breed. I would imagine you could do that with bears as well.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Polar bears aren't even close to being endangered let alone near the brink of extinction. Contrary to what Al Gore says. On the upside, the only predator I know of that is farmed viably is the alligator and they reintroduce about 5 percent of what they breed. I would imagine you could do that with bears as well.
    Alligator tastes great as well.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Allgators so good when i went down to florida they had fried alligator at a place i went to it was amazing
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Answers

There was an alligator in my friends ditch a while back. Wasn't in my weightlifting/bbing days then so I didn't think to make it a meal.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

MMM...you would be wrong in your assessment there in saying polar bears are the most aggressive mammals. Actually, Polar bears aren't even the most aggressive bear. Sun Bears are known as the most aggressive bears even though they are the smallest bear as well. Right behind them, Kodiak Bears, and then Polar Bears.

Additionally, behavior wise...Wolverines, Badgers, and Hippos are known as the most aggressive because they attack at will without provocation. In essence, these animals hunt for fun as well necessity. Another nice little tidbit...Bears generally back down from no other animal...except for the occasional run in with either a Wolverine or Badger.

I was bored so I thought I create an interesting interruption to this crazy thread. LOL.

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  33. BMCLouzee

Alright. My bad. The first thing I though of when I read this thread was "How abundant is Polar Bear?" It came up on this site h t t p : / / w w w . earths endangered .co m/list.asp it looks legitimate enough, but I guess, like some of y'all have already mentioned, polar bears don't produce offspring as often as other typical sources of protein. I guess they're more susceptible to extinction then. If a polar bear can't pop enough youngins to supply meat and preserve their existence, then it shouldn't be eaten in the first place. Makes sense.
  34. BMCLouzee

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    MMM...you would be wrong in your assessment there in saying polar bears are the most aggressive mammals. Actually, Polar bears aren't even the most aggressive bear. Sun Bears are known as the most aggressive bears even though they are the smallest bear as well. Right behind them, Kodiak Bears, and then Polar Bears.

Additionally, behavior wise...Wolverines, Badgers, and Hippos are known as the most aggressive because they attack at will without provocation. In essence, these animals hunt for fun as well necessity. Another nice little tidbit...Bears generally back down from no other animal...except for the occasional run in with either a Wolverine or Badger.

I was bored so I thought I create an interesting interruption to this crazy thread. LOL.

Cheers!
    Wow. LOL. Dude, you're either feral or a nerd! If you grew up amongst animals, that is totally cool. If you watch Discovery Channel and TIVO shark week that's also cool.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Wow. LOL. Dude, you're either feral or a nerd! If you grew up amongst animals, that is totally cool. If you watch Discovery Channel and TIVO shark week that's also cool.
    Its called being a human studies major. I've studied anthropology, criminology, psychology, and sociology. Through my studies a strong portion of research was done on behaviorism and comparing and contrasting as to how the behavior of animals relate to human behaviors. In truth, the only thing that separates animals and humans is that humans use science and logic where as animals rely on instincts.

I can be called a nerd for sure, but I take that as a compliment considering I take pride in educating myself to possess as much knowledge as possible.

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  36. BMCLouzee

I have great respect for nerds. I guess that's why I'm on here. It's a bounty of legitimate, insightful knowledge if you know how to look for it. I'm completely useless in that field then. I'm a linguistics major. =(
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Alright. My bad. The first thing I though of when I read this thread was "How abundant is Polar Bear?" It came up on this site h t t p : / / w w w . earths endangered .co m/list.asp it looks legitimate enough, but I guess, like some of y'all have already mentioned, polar bears don't produce offspring as often as other typical sources of protein. I guess they're more susceptible to extinction then. If a polar bear can't pop enough youngins to supply meat and preserve their existence, then it shouldn't be eaten in the first place. Makes sense.
    Those sites are made by greenies though. Come to Northern Canada and talk to the locals and let them tell ya if the numbers are going up or down.
    http://www.nationalpost.com/news/sto...9-b71a9e5df868
    Never trust the dirt people.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Those sites are made by greenies though. Come to Northern Canada and talk to the locals and let them tell ya if the numbers are going up or down.
    ^^^^What he said.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Polar bears are listed as "Threatened" because the Eco-Terrorists sued the gubmint to include them in the list based on an asinine argument, which was essentially " Polar bear population has grown 5-8 percent a year over the last 20 years but will be wiped out by global warming that will happen if CO2 emissions continue at even a mean pace." EPA said, "Sounds totally rational, case closed." Growing polar bear population equals going to die from global warming.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Between Al Gore and real scientists, i go with real scientists. Polar bears are NOT extinct and Global Warming is NOT man-made.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I'm not bi-polar, i'm bi-winning.
    By airram479 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. Bi polar and proud?
    By Dr Liftalot in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 06:07 AM
  3. Bi-Polar caused by gear
    By Juicaholic in forum Anabolics