DIET?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%

DIET?

ok first i will give you some background i have lifted for a long time and i am in good shape. I am 59 roughly 197lbs. I work out four to 6 times a week. I am not trying to be a pro bodybuilder but i do eat healthy( or i think tell me what you think)

wake up- 50gram protein shake
    go to two classes(i am a college frosh)
    eat lunch- 2 chicken breasts(dip in ketchup), 2 bananas, turkey/ham sandwhich(sometimes), some times plain mashed potatoes or rice( mostly on leg day)
    next class( 1 hour long)
    naked protein drink and a nutrigrain bar
    next class
    back to dorm ( power bar or granola bar)
    wait an hour
    drink preworkout drink and go to gym!
    protein shake after workout then eat dinner( similar to lunch or subway over roested chicken breasts with double meat and fat free honey musterd)

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%

any feed back will be much appreciated
  3. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by at1010 View Post
    wake up- 50gram protein shake
    go to two classes(i am a college frosh)
    eat lunch- 2 chicken breasts(dip in ketchup), 2 bananas, turkey/ham sandwhich(sometimes), some times plain mashed potatoes or rice( mostly on leg day)
    next class( 1 hour long)
    naked protein drink and a nutrigrain bar
    next class
    back to dorm ( power bar or granola bar)
    wait an hour
    drink preworkout drink and go to gym!
    protein shake after workout then eat dinner( similar to lunch or subway over roested chicken breasts with double meat and fat free honey musterd)
    It's hard to tell you exactly without knowing your goals. Personally I would do:

breakfast - Add some complex carbs into your breakfast (oatmeal) , I also personally try to get my breakfast from whole foods - I am an egg freak.

Lunch - If going for potatoes, why not do sweet potatoes and get some extra fiber? As for the rice, I assume you mean white, a switch to brown rice would be beneficial.

Scratch nutrigrain bars as well as granola bars, these are usually more sugary then actually healthy.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%

ya well i am a frosh in college so i can only eat what is given. Most of the rice is brown also. They do not have sweet potatoes though if or when they do i would get them. My goal is to loose some bf% i train hard and i just want to have a diet that will help me loose bf% while still maintaining my muscle mass. I usually eat the nutragrain just to try and get some more carbs in my body and give me alil energy.
  5. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by at1010 View Post
    ya well i am a frosh in college so i can only eat what is given. Most of the rice is brown also. They do not have sweet potatoes though if or when they do i would get them. My goal is to loose some bf% i train hard and i just want to have a diet that will help me loose bf% while still maintaining my muscle mass. I usually eat the nutragrain just to try and get some more carbs in my body and give me alil energy.
    Man I remember the freshman year college meal plan food.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%

Ya ours isnt too too badd but i mean it isnt the most healthy soo thats why i eat nutrigrains throught the day just to fill me up a bit and give me some energy i can only eat so much chicken breasts ya know. ANY ONE ELSE HAVE ADVICE?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.82%

You could benefit from liquid meals. Here's what you do...

Whether or not you're bulking or cutting, the easiest way to get your required nutrition is through liquid meals. You obviously want solid meals in your diet because you need that for healthy digestion, so only think about making a couple of your daily meals liquid.

When I say liquid meals I mean anything you can drink. For instance, it would take me a good 10 minutes to eat a big bowl of oatmeal but it only takes 20 seconds to chug some oatmeal powder mixed with water (or milk or whatever).

Here's an example:
    2 cups of milk (low fat or high fat depending on desired calories)
    ** Or you can use part milk part water for reduced calories.
    1/2 cup of oatmeal ground into a powder (use a coffee grinder)
    2 scoops protein (preferably a blend, but you can use whey)
    1 ripe banana
    Optional: For additional calories, you can add PB. Also tastes really good.

You can add or take away whatever, but you get the idea. There are plenty of recipes out there! The shake I mentioned above is good for a first meal if you don't have a big appetite when you wake up. It taste like a dessert (granted it is high in sugars) but it's loaded with nutrition and is very easy to drink.

Note: Oats are a great source of carbohydrate but some people don't like oatmeal. Just get an electronic coffee grinder! I can load 1/2 cup of oats in at one time, grind it for about 10 seconds and it becomes a powder. Then I can mix it in with some milk and some protein powder and I have a easy-to-drink meal. Or if you just want to add some quick carbs to a meal, grind up some oatmeal, mix it with water and chug it down. You can literally chug 27g of quality carbs in about 20 seconds or less!

Another benefit to liquid meals is that they don't sit on your stomach like solid meals do, so in the course of eating so much in a given day, your less likely to have any stomach problems due to large amounts of solid foods.

If you're bulking, you'd be crazy not to take advantage of at least a couple liquid meals in a day. Just make them in a blender, load them in a thermos or any other container and they'll last all day.

Cheers!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.25%

I second the coffee grinder for oats, I do the exact same thing. Mix it with some whey and you're good to go. Like mentioned, we need to know you're specific goals to critique it. Looks pretty clean to me though, but you'll definitely need to add more carbs to gain mass(assuming that's your goal). This is where the oats will help. It also looks as if you aren't getting many vegies in. Try to get at least a couple servings of greens in.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%

i do get some veggies at dinner but not enough. I will start eating a lot more oats. Would that be good as a pre-workout meal?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 03:09 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 04:48 AM