Best PWO meal/supplement routine.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Okay so usually on workout/resistance training days it goes like this...My goal is muscle building with limited fat increase, I play hockey 2 days a week and usually do additional cardio 1-2 days per week. I try and do resistance training 4-5 times per week, 5 minute cardio warm up 5-15 minutes cardio post workout.

meal/snack or sometimes protein shake
NO shotgun

workout 45 - 90 mins.

Protein Shake (1.5 scoop whey isolte, 1 spoon full PB, 2-3 frozen strawberrys, 3g creatine) -- should I leave out the PB?

30-60 mins later. meal.

Basically I'm wondering what seems to be the ideal thing to take post workout, i know there is still debate of this but what is the general consensus. I read somewhere else

Aminos (ie Xtend) immediately post workout.

Then whey protein shake with minimal carbs

Then meal.

thoughts?

also, what is the consensus on Fat post workout. not ideal?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about some stats.

SmallTownIron

SmallTownIron

Banned
Awards
Workout Protocol that has worked WONDERS for me:

20 min pre : 20 gm WMS, 20 gm WHEY, 5 gm BCAA
During: 5 gm BCAA

30 min later: 1 cup oats, 20 gm whey

1.5 hours later: next meal of come complex carbs and lean protein, NO FATS

SmallTownIron

SmallTownIron

Banned
Awards
also, what is the consensus on Fat post workout. not ideal?
Not saying that fat SHOULD not be taken post workout but here is my out look on it:
Fat slows down digestion. In this case, it would be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbs.

Simply put right? lol

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep it gangsta and simple. I Pick up a half gallon of either 1% milk, or lowfat chocolate milk on the way to the gym, and sip pre, and post. Also drink 2 power-aids intra workout with some Nos ether, and JP8 mixed in, and just sip after most sets. That takes care of everything I need to worry about, and keeps things very simple, and non-time consuming.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not saying that fat SHOULD not be taken post workout but here is my out look on it:
Fat slows down digestion. In this case, it would be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbs.

Simply put right? lol
It can be looked at that way, or allowing a more sustained release over a longer stretch of time. As whey tends to absorb extremely fast, sometimes slowing it can be a wise choice if on the run, and can't eat right away.

SmallTownIron

SmallTownIron

Banned
Awards
It can be looked at that way, or allowing a more sustained release over a longer stretch of time. As whey tends to absorb extremely fast, sometimes slowing it can be a wise choice if on the run, and can't eat right away.
Thats why I stated that " I am not saying fats SHOULD not be taken postworkout."

But I will say this, if your going to take in fats post workout, I would have fats from a food source such as red meat or whole eggs.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats why I stated that " I am not saying fats SHOULD not be taken postworkout."

But I will say this, if your going to take in fats post workout, I would have fats from a food source such as red meat or whole eggs.
Word

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lyke hew

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established