Eating Habits/Meal Plan

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.

Eating Habits/Meal Plan

What would be a good consistent meal plan? I'm not sure what information to give, other than im 6 foot tall, 160-165 pounds, ecto-meso, and I just want to eat better. I'll figure out a bulking diet later, and I'll ask that ont he bulk section. I think someone told me protein, carbs, and fats. I need to know how many calories, how much fat, how much protein, how many carbs, what kinds of foods get me those things, etc. All I know is that I need to drink a glass of water every hour for 10 hours, because i'm 160 pounds, and im supposed to drink half my body weight in ounces.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.

That is a very broad question and is almost impossible to answer without knowing general goals and activity levels. The first step though is to familiarize yourself with the nutrition labels on the back of foods. The breakdown of how many calories and grams of fat/protein/carbs are really dependent on how your body reacts. There are metabolism calculators out there that can help give you a ballpark, but I don't really follow them closely, They always say my metabolism is way higher then it is. =(

The only variable that most people agree on is that you should strive for at least 1gram of protein per pound of your body weight. So for you at least 160g of protein a day. Some people think more is better, but thats a good starting point if you are lifting often, and if you aren't lifting then why are you here. =P

If you have more specific questions I think you'll get more response, or maybe someone has a good general source for you they can post.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Eating habits while bulking?
    By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 11:24 AM
  2. How soon should you work out after eating a meal?
    By IPO Greatness in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
  3. meal plan??
    By keater824 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:40 PM
  4. Am I maximizing my eating habits?
    By PVSkyHigh in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 01:09 PM
  5. Changed my eating habits a little.