Good routine, no results. FRUSTRATED!

ShockCollar

ShockCollar

Awards
Im about to give up on working out. its been 3-4 weeks of continuous training and dieting all for no results. i know its a short time, but i LITERALLY see no results. The scale hasnt changed and the pictures look the same. I can see a pump when i lift, but that goes away in like 30 minutes. I must be doing something wrong here guys.

breakfast:
1 can tuna, 2 slices multigrain toast,
1 tsp smartbalance mayo,
1 slice fat free cheese.
1 multivitamin
Totals: 31g protien, 28g carbs, 3.5g fat (1.5mono).

snack 1:
1/4 cup dry roasted almonds
8oz muscle milk light.
Totals: 28g protien, 6g carbs, 18g fats

lunch:
1/4 cup wholegrain rotini pasta
1/4 cup fat free sauce (680mg sodium)
3oz chicken strips
Totals: 18g protein, 30g crabs, 3g fats

snack 2:
8oz muscle milk
protein bar
Totals: 40g protein, 6g carbs, 8g fats

Preworkout:
1/4cup brown rice and corn
Totals: not sure, just in it for the complex and HGI carbs

postworkout:
8oz muscle milk
total: 20g protein, 6 carbs, 5 fats

dinner:
baked chicken breast (whole breast plain)
1/2 canned veggies
1/4 cup brown rice
totals: 41g protein, 40+/- carbs, 4g fats

nighttime:
multi protein shake (whey concentrate, casein, milk)
totals: 30g protein, 3g carbs, 1.5g fats

my workout rotates in a 5 day cycle, days 1-4 are lift days and day 5 is a rest day.

day one:
preacher curls (3/8)
close grip curls (3/8)
dumbbell curls (3/8)
skull crushers (3/8)
nose breakers (3/8)
straight bar curls (1/20)

day two:
flat bench (3/8)
incline bench (3/8)
dumbbell press (3/8)
shrugs (3/8)
military press (3/8)
dips (3/15)

day three:
crunches (4/50)
leg lifts (3/20)
deadlift (3/8)
bows n toes (3/30seconds)

day four:
quad ext (3/8)
ham ext (3/8)
squats (3/10)
lunges (3/20)
calf raises (3/15)

five:
off

it looks solid to me, but my exercise weight hasnt increased, neither has my body weight, or muscle composition. Im not even losing fat... being 5' 11" and around 170lbs, i hoped I would have noticed something, or even felt stronger.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
for one, you're doing bi's/tri's and walking into a chest day that includes dips.

day 2 you're doing shrugs knowing that you're doing deads the next day.
day 3 and i know deadlifts are king, but where's the pullups, rows, etc?

also, your diet looks low on solid calories. i count 80 or so grams of protein from solid food (not including the protein bar). liquid calories give your body something to burn that's easily converted to energy. solid food is the bulker.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
What about do this spinning of of what suncloud said

Currently your

Bi's/Tris
Chest/Shoulders
Back/Abs
Legs

id say put deads day one squats day 4 as i think deads and squats back to back isnt great, chest/shoulders day 3 and bi's tris day 2 so it looks more like this.....

Back/Abs
Bi's/Tris
Chest/Shoulders
Legs

Although doing tris before chest may affect chest day so it may not work great so figure out what works best for you.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not gaining weight? Eat more. Simple as that. The problems with your routine that have been pointed out are valid, but no amount of reorganizing your routine is gonna take you from 170 to 200 if you aren't eating enough.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
also, your diet looks low on solid calories. i count 80 or so grams of protein from solid food (not including the protein bar). liquid calories give your body something to burn that's easily converted to energy. solid food is the bulker.
That sir is the most true advice ever.

I used to have a real problem building up any size a few years back, I figured I was hitting 225+ grams of protein and high carbs also(more than 50% of that being from shakes) and that meant I should be gaining but I wouldn't gain anything at all ever. I finally gave in and decided to really just start cooking alot of food and even ditched taking protein shakes all together and I went from 175 to 195 in just a matter of months! (BTW for me to bulk at 1lb per week I have to eat at least 3000cals a day in real food then another 1000cals in shakes), don't be afraid to shovel in the grub man...

Real food is the king for both gaining and loosing... There is no supplement that will ever be able to replace real food (in my opinion)

-James

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not gaining weight? Eat more. Simple as that. The problems with your routine that have been pointed out are valid, but no amount of reorganizing your routine is gonna take you from 170 to 200 if you aren't eating enough.
+1

If you are otherwise healthy, then if the numbers on the scale are not going up then you are not eating enough. /thread

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
If you are only 3-4 weeks in and almost giving up then I think you need to understand that bodybuilding is a lifestyle and a Journey. You have to practice and study the sport if you want to achieve results. Just like anything else in life, you will only get out of it, what you put in. And 1 month is nothing. DONT QUIT! DONT GIVE UP! Read the forums and listen to the members and apply the knowledge you will gain from here to reach your personal goals and do also set goals that you can achieve so you do not get discouraged. Just a year ago I was 220 pounds of fat, I am still learning and growing, results come slower in some then others but bottom line, DONT QUIT!

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
how long do you rest inbetween sets.