Raw Eggs VS. Cooked Eggs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Raw Eggs VS. Cooked Eggs


    Whats better for you?

  2. UKStrength
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Cook em mate, no one likes salmonella
    •   
       


  3. cooked eggs, raw eggs are dangerous to take, at least 1 out of every 10 contains salmanilla. at least according to my genral nutrition professor said.but cooked is better bc cooked eggs are easier to break down for the body than raw eggs

  4. Quote Originally Posted by DrchocolateMi View Post
    cooked eggs, raw eggs are dangerous to take, at least 1 out of every 10 contains salmanilla. at least according to my genral nutrition professor said.but cooked is better bc cooked eggs are easier to break down for the body than raw eggs
    I agree, cook them. However, having previously had a raw or two whites in a shake, I will state that 1 in 10 is horribly off. I remember in another thread someone mentioned 1 in 150,000 and that was based off an older study, im sure its improved since then.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  5. This thread again?! Search "How do you eat your eggs?" - we had a thread just like this about a month ago.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
    •   
       


  6. ya, thats y i said according to my genral nutrtion professor. she could have just been saying 1 out of 10 to keep us from eating them raw, she could have been completely exaggerating.

  7. I've read that cooking eggs denatures the protein in it

  8. This is one of those topics for the ages. Most everyone will tell you to fully cook your eggs. I personally drink liquid egg whites each day, albeit they are pasteurized, they are far from cooked. It works for me. As far as eating whole eggs/yolks, I either hard boil eggs or scramble and pan fry them.

    According to eggwhitesint.com:

    The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the "Rocky Routine" with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

    Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3 minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein In The Entire World! They will stay good in your refrigerator for 90 to 120 days and can be safely kept frozen indefinitely.

    ref: http://www.eggwhitesint.com/healthfacts.htm

    This is the same process for the liquid eggs that I drink.

  9. Just a detail, but isn't Biotin Vitamin B7?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    I've read that cooking eggs denatures the protein in it
    Well, yeah, it denatures the protein - but so does your stomach. Pretty much every protein you eat is denatured and broken down into di- or tri-peptides before it actually is absorbed by the small intestine. Whole proteins are, in general, far too large to fit through the transporters responsible for protein uptake.

    That denaturing effect is what you want, it won't detract from the nutrition of the egg, it just makes digestion easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    This is one of those topics for the ages. Most everyone will tell you to fully cook your eggs. I personally drink liquid egg whites each day, albeit they are pasteurized, they are far from cooked. It works for me. As far as eating whole eggs/yolks, I either hard boil eggs or scramble and pan fry them.

    According to eggwhitesint.com:

    The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the "Rocky Routine" with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

    Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3 minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein In The Entire World! They will stay good in your refrigerator for 90 to 120 days and can be safely kept frozen indefinitely.

    ref: http://www.eggwhitesint.com/healthfacts.htm

    This is the same process for the liquid eggs that I drink.
    As you point out, pasteurized egg whites are very different from raw. Thought they're still liquid, but they've been heated enough that protein denaturing and sterilization occurs, giving them some of the benefits of cooked eggs. I've looked into these in the past and would to give them a try at some point, but man are they pricey.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  11. UKStrength
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Well, yeah, it denatures the protein
    Crikey moses, I think we need to start a basic human biology class in digestion, the number of times we get 'it might denature the protein' coming up

  12. Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Crikey moses, I think we need to start a basic human biology class in digestion, the number of times we get 'it might denature the protein' coming up
    Not a bad idea. I think most folks don't realize that low pH + stomach enzymes make the stomach the perfect environment to destroy most macromolecules thrown in there.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    As you point out, pasteurized egg whites are very different from raw. Thought they're still liquid, but they've been heated enough that protein denaturing and sterilization occurs, giving them some of the benefits of cooked eggs. I've looked into these in the past and would to give them a try at some point, but man are they pricey.
    Right, they are pricey @ $2.49 per 16 oz. but man let me tell you, the ease of slamming back 8 oz's along with a handful of almonds for a snack makes it justifiable. Egg White Int. is a bit more pricey. I'd recommend going to your local grocer and price out the cartons. It's essentially the same price as a protein bar, you get strait up egg white protein and none of the fillers and I'll call it "garbage" they put in those bars along with a the little bit of protein in 'em.

    I'm all about convenience in this regard.

  14. The chances of picking up salmonella from eggs is fairly low since the egg has to be harboring the bacteria for you to get it in the first place, but still, it's all about the efficiency of digestion in this case. BUT you do eliminate the risk to 0% if you cook them, so... Yeah, cook 'em!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    Right, they are pricey @ $2.49 per 16 oz. but man let me tell you, the ease of slamming back 8 oz's along with a handful of almonds for a snack makes it justifiable. Egg White Int. is a bit more pricey. I'd recommend going to your local grocer and price out the cartons. It's essentially the same price as a protein bar, you get strait up egg white protein and none of the fillers and I'll call it "garbage" they put in those bars along with a the little bit of protein in 'em.

    I'm all about convenience in this regard.
    You're absolutely right - I have yet to come across a mass-produced protein bar that I wouldn't consider a "cheat". A candy bar with 15g-30g protein is still candy.

    I'll look into the pricing. Thanks.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    You're absolutely right - I have yet to come across a mass-produced protein bar that I wouldn't consider a "cheat". A candy bar with 15g-30g protein is still candy.

    I'll look into the pricing. Thanks.
    Homemade
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  17. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Homemade
    Yup. I make em a couple time a week. Mmmm....
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  18. I used to make homemade protein bars but they were more like meal replacement bars and it was like eating a brick! lol

    Shakes are the way to go! Get an electronic coffee grinder and grind up your oats into a powder. Very, very easy way to get in good carbs. Eating oatmeal feels like a chore, but I can chug oat powder in just a few seconds. Yay

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero View Post
    The chances of picking up salmonella from eggs is fairly low since the egg has to be harboring the bacteria for you to get it in the first place, but still, it's all about the efficiency of digestion in this case. BUT you do eliminate the risk to 0% if you cook them, so... Yeah, cook 'em!
    I always thought it was from the bird crap that's sometimes on the eggs. The eggs are supposed to be washed but some still come through with crap stuck to it. That said I've never gotten salmonella from eggs, even whole raw ones.

  20. Ronnie Coleman cooks his eggs and THAT is a good enough reason for me.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ana420 View Post
    Ronnie Coleman cooks his eggs and THAT is a good enough reason for me.
    If Ronnie Coleman jumped off a bridge, would you?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ana420 View Post
    Ronnie Coleman cooks his eggs and THAT is a good enough reason for me.
    He's also on 3-5 different androgens

  23. Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Cook em mate, no one likes salmonella
    plus one!

  24. i read somewhere that although raw eggs contain something like 6 more grams of protein than cooked eggs the bio availability of protein in a raw egg is 35% where the bio availability in a cooked egg is 90%
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. RAW EGGS vs COOKED EGGS
    By LIFTEDnGIFTED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
  2. How do you cooked your eggs?
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
  3. How do you consume your eggs? Raw or Cooked?
    By svtfocusman in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
  4. EGGS Raw or cooked??
    By PHWSSJ in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Log in
Log in