Vitamin C banned in Canada

  1. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34876
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

  2. New Member
    JT54's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    94
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    65.32%

    All i can say is wow. They allow steroids for personal use but ban vit c.
  3. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%

    Never heard of this before this article. I don't think it will ever happen personally. They are strict here..but that is retarded.
    •   
       

  4. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,544
    Rep Power
    4835
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    55.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JT54 View Post
    All i can say is wow. They allow steroids for personal use but ban vit c.
    I didn't know that.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  5. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,717
    Rep Power
    513551
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    91.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Subject to a $5million dollar fine for possessing Vitamin C??? C'mon, this has got to be an April Fools joke from last year or something.
  6. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34876
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well we will see
  7. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34876
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Subject to a $5million dollar fine for possessing Vitamin C??? C'mon, this has got to be an April Fools joke from last year or something.
    Well I heard about this on alternative media.
  8. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Well we will see
    "So, not surprisingly in 2009, the Canadian people will have to get a prescription from a doctor and convince him that the supplements are more beneficial than the drugs. Those caught with unauthorized vitamin C are subject to a $5,000,000 criminal fine and up to two years in prison. The heart of the issue is not only taking away one's right for self-preservation, but relinquishing one's physical well-being to government."

    Never happened. I can't find any other news source on it either. Pretty sure its not true.
  9. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34876
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    "So, not surprisingly in 2009, the Canadian people will have to get a prescription from a doctor and convince him that the supplements are more beneficial than the drugs. Those caught with unauthorized vitamin C are subject to a $5,000,000 criminal fine and up to two years in prison. The heart of the issue is not only taking away one's right for self-preservation, but relinquishing one's physical well-being to government."

    Never happened. I can't find any other news source on it either. Pretty sure its not true.
    Well I was wondering if any of the member here live in Canada and can shed some light on it. I heard somewhere, that it hasn't been enforced, but was announced.
  10. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Well I was wondering if any of the member here live in Canada and can shed some light on it. I heard somewhere, that it hasn't been enforced, but was announced.
    That is what I have been trying to say lol. I AM CANADIAN to slogan myself haha. My buddy owns a nutrition store too and I am sure he would have mentioned it...

    As for on the News..I watch it quite a bit and never saw anything about it. I also live around a lot of hippie protesters who post stuff on the telephone poles well in advance when something like this occurs..again nothing haha.
  11. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34876
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    That is what I have been trying to say lol. I AM CANADIAN to slogan myself haha. My buddy owns a nutrition store too and I am sure he would have mentioned it...

    As for on the News..I watch it quite a bit and never saw anything about it. I also live around a lot of hippie protesters who post stuff on the telephone poles well in advance when something like this occurs..again nothing haha.
    Well that's good news, but if something like this does happen please let us know. I've heard they have been trying to ban vitamins and minerals for a long time.
  12. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Well that's good news, but if something like this does happen please let us know. I've heard they have been trying to ban vitamins and minerals for a long time.
    I will. It is more along the lines of banning things that are very potent. They have always done this, which is why I order most of my stuff from down south. We do however have a very healthy culture overall that supports healthy living for the most part. Especially BC and Quebec. We have a very high food quality standard. We also have a no tolerance rule about borderline supplements..Which sucks in a lot of cases. Always ways around though
  13. New Member
    one8seven's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%

    I'm Canadian and I think the only reason I believed this for a second is because I'm hahaha! Had me worried I was like... WTF!?
  14. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,082
    Rep Power
    5556
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    78.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Move to the United States, it's that easy....If not support the country you live in.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  15. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    15,423
    Rep Power
    57345
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    91.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    This is the most ridiculous sh*t I've ever heard. It has to be a joke...

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  16. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,388
    Rep Power
    12056
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    93.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Just mega dose Orange Juice or did they ban that too as a biproduct of this bill?
  17. New Member
    TexasRaised's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    52.55%

    if it is true then I think it's outrageous, high doses of vitamin c also treats polio.. Why support steroids but not a life saving vitamin?
  18. New Member
    SamuraiSid's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    160
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    36.05%

    I live near a large hippie community in British Columbia. My understanding of the situation is simply that they want to limit the size of the vitamins. No more 500mg horse pills or some such.

    Whenever alternative media gets a hold of something like bill C-51, they are going to go on a fearmongering campaign to have it stopped. just like the big boys on mainstream news.
  19. Advanced Member
    eatingisfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    81.86%

    Crock of sh!t:
    "Published May 26, 2009".

    I bought Vitamin C a month ago, I live in Ontario.
  20. Banned
    Type O Hero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,016
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    60.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Yeah, there's no way this would ever be true.. lol
  21. New Member
    3147's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    2.16%

    It was a bill (C-51) that was introduced in 2008 but was struck down.

    billc6.com/www/stopc6

    If it did pass, it would've had huge ramifications for the natural health industry in Canada. Old news, though.
  22. New Member
    Tone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    308
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    47.45%

    PEOPLE ARE RETARDED............. YOU CAN'T BAN A VITAMIN, YOU GET IT IN TOO MANY FOODS, THAT IS JUST STUPID TO EVEN CONSIDER.
  23. Senior Member
    GuyverX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    1783
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    50.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    A hoax.
    As someone else said, the alternative health media are all over stuff like that.
    I am a member of some of those groups and they really get the word out.
    Even if the situation might be some obscure little improbable tidbit.

    They do it a lot of time to keep people on their toes.
    I have nothing against pharma per se, but selling me a medicine for my asthma that might cause upper respiratory problems and death associated with them is a pretty good stretch.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  24. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,518
    Rep Power
    41254
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.95%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Although we did approve prescribing powers for naturopaths Kinda counter-intuitive that ruffled doctors' feathers. http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...ng-rights.html
  25. New Member
    greaser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    188
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    61.78%

    It's a hoax. Period.

    Do a google news search and you'll find nothing. A web search has that same article coming up on a few times on various political sites. It's total BS.
  26. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78142
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Nice. Now you can pick up Heroin and Oranges from your drug dealer What about sneaking an orange prison style.....
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576692
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    88.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm surprised this is spreading, quite a retarded article, I'd laugh if I were the author, especially seeing that this is seen as true. Could you imagine the deficiency issues this would create.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  28. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34876
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    97.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRaised View Post
    if it is true then I think it's outrageous, high doses of vitamin c also treats polio.. Why support steroids but not a life saving vitamin?
    So how are steroids sold in Canada?
  29. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    302
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    13.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Nice. Now you can pick up Heroin and Oranges from your drug dealer What about sneaking an orange prison style.....
    Thanks to the internet, I have seen that a woman sneaking an orange, no, a couple of oranges "prison style"... or even "baby style" is quite possible. Apples too.

    Thank you, internet.
  30. Senior Member
    waynaferd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    8408
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    26.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    Thanks to the internet, I have seen that a woman sneaking an orange, no, a couple of oranges "prison style"... or even "baby style" is quite possible. Apples too.

    Thank you, internet.
    I gotta "Choosy moms choose JIF" PB jar in a VJ on my cell phone from a buddy....ewwwwww....

    And many a times I thought of moving to Canada to try it out for a year or two.....New Brunswick is like 2 hours away from here, so I'm sure its not too different, but would be interesting to see how the laws and gov't are different. And I'm half canadian-french, so I would fit right in
    True story:

    I give a f**K!!
  31. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    11.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by 3147 View Post
    It was a bill (C-51) that was introduced in 2008 but was struck down.

    billc6.com/www/stopc6

    If it did pass, it would've had huge ramifications for the natural health industry in Canada. Old news, though.
    Exactly and was reintroduced as Bill C6 which was also killed...it has some real bs attached to it..like abolition of trespass rights. To be reintroduced in the future I am sure...I don't think any Canadian would willingly accept it if they knew the full story.
  32. New Member
    KimboBatista's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    89
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

    Vitamin C is in a lot of foods and beverages we consume, including multivitamins. This sounds absolutely ridiculous. Then again; Did anyone else ever hear about that one time when the Bush Administration considered banning creatine? LOL
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Vitamin C About to be Made Illegal in Canada!?
    By rabican in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
  2. are prohormones banned in canada also
    By madtroy67 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Log in
Log in