Gyno with no cause?

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Gyno with no cause?

I am 25 male and i have gyno. i was wondering if anyone has had this same problem? I have taken nothing. done nothing for years. Took a cycle when i was like 21. Everything bounced back fine. I work out regularly and eat regularly. I have a nodule that is sore and sensitive behind the left nipple the size of a small marble. Its been over 2 weeks and no change. no better no worse. I did start taking formadrol Xtreme and have been for over a week with no changes. Went to the doc when i had first noticed it and they did blood work and said things were normal. Even had a mammogram ??? and they had confirmed it as gyno. Doc said if it doesnt go away then consider surgery. WTF?? anyone have any ideas/thoughts? please help!

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yep can happen naturally.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Arent i alittle old for that? i understand men during purberty around 16 to 18 get this but at 25???
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Mine has gotten slowly bigger over 20 years. Getting it out in May. So from my experience I would say you're not too old.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

if you dont mind me asking what was your test levels the last time you had them checked? also, you ever tried nolva? if so did it help? last, if i demand my doc to prescribe nolva and told him surgery was not an option for me you think he'd do it? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. Im just real frustrated...
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Last total test result was 20 nmol/L. Had a few hormone profiles done over the years (estradiol, test, and prolactin) and they all came back middle range.

Even though it will still be called gyno, sometimes it is not glandular tissue. My bro had something similar, also only on one side, and it was just some fibrous tissue build up. In his case, and I suspect mine, it was not hormone related.

Consequently, Nolva would not have done anything. I can't guess what your doc would say to the idea but from my experience, only an endocrinologist would understand what you were asking.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Yeah nolva is used for women correct? so if i'd ask him for arimidex or nolva he'd be like "why?" cuz nolva is only used for gyno on an underground level. sound right?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysannn22 View Post
    Yeah nolva is used for women correct? so if i'd ask him for arimidex or nolva he'd be like "why?" cuz nolva is only used for gyno on an underground level. sound right?
    Letrozole can inhibit up to 98% of estrogen, pretty powerful. But sounds like you would most likely not get any benefit from it.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Its weird like in the morning it'll be flared up and later in the day its seems somewhat smaller. Maybe cuz test levels are higher in the morning? Well i have been taking formadrol xtreme and nothing has changed. I dont think its potent enough to deal with gyno. I've had gyno in the past on other ocassions when i had taken a steroid cycle a couple years back. I know what it feels like and when i had it, my endo prescribed me arimidex and it went away in a week or two. I called the doc today and im waiting for his answer...
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    Last total test result was 20 nmol/L. Had a few hormone profiles done over the years (estradiol, test, and prolactin) and they all came back middle range.

Even though it will still be called gyno, sometimes it is not glandular tissue. My bro had something similar, also only on one side, and it was just some fibrous tissue build up. In his case, and I suspect mine, it was not hormone related.

Consequently, Nolva would not have done anything. I can't guess what your doc would say to the idea but from my experience, only an endocrinologist would understand what you were asking.
    yeah the doc tested estradiol and said it was normal. I find that hard to believe... of course he did not check for any test levels.... which aggravates me.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.4%

I just noticed a hard knot behind right nipple, about the size of a BB. This is most likely from being involved in the hormonal game. But I started on DHEA & fenugreek recently, not as part of a PCT. I have stopped using those two. I'll wait two weeks max, if that doesn't work I'll be using a very low dose of Epistane I have handy for 2 weeks +. Better to be aggressive with it immediately. Using the same substance that MAY/probably caused this in the first place is funny to me though, but seems to work for some people. After that its off to see Dr. I just don't want it to get worse. It's not visible so I don't care, but it could grow, especially if I go AAS/PH again. I'm now more prone to it. First time this has ever happened in years of use though. It was bound to pop up at some point. I have and am willing to pay this price for using hormonals. No crying here.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
    I just noticed a hard knot behind right nipple, about the size of a BB. This is most likely from being involved in the hormonal game. But I started on DHEA & fenugreek recently, not as part of a PCT. I have stopped using those two. I'll wait two weeks max, if that doesn't work I'll be using a very low dose of Epistane I have handy for 2 weeks +. Better to be aggressive with it immediately. Using the same substance that MAY/probably caused this in the first place is funny to me though, but seems to work for some people. After that its off to see Dr. I just don't want it to get worse. It's not visible so I don't care, but it could grow, especially if I go AAS/PH again. I'm now more prone to it. First time this has ever happened in years of use though. It was bound to pop up at some point. I have and am willing to pay this price for using hormonals. No crying here.
    Mines not visible either. its just annoying and like you, i dont want it to grow. Arimidex (nolvadex) is the only cure i've ever to know that works. I have some stashed away for a rainy day but if a doc will prescribe it im gonna push for that. plus its pharma grade. My stash is probably not. thanks for sharing your story.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.97%

had the same problem that was resolved via a minor surgery. Made a world of difference.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
    Be careful Epi can aggravate gyno in some people. I had two small knots behind my right nipple. They were very sore and tender. I stated taking Diesel Test, Testopro and Primal Male in a stack and my gyno is virtually imperceptible. All three have either DIM or I3C for estrogen control; I believe this is what is reducing my gyno. The purpose of the stack was not for gyno control but it has been a very nice benefit.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Its weird like in the morning it'll be flared up and later in the day its seems somewhat smaller. Maybe cuz test levels are higher in the morning? Well i have been taking formadrol xtreme and nothing has changed. I dont think its potent enough to deal with gyno. I've had gyno in the past on other ocassions when i had taken a steroid cycle a couple years back. I know what it feels like and when i had it, my endo prescribed me arimidex and it went away in a week or two. I called the doc today and im waiting for his answer...
    Doc denied a prescript and advised me to see an endo. Im disappointed to the fact i have to bug another doc for a prescript.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%

OP,

I too had gyno and eventually had the surgery to get it removed. Not sure if you know this, but very few insurance plans offer it. I have heard military insurance pays for it, and actually have read some sad stories about young guys attempting suicide then having a psychiatrist write a referral that gyno is severely affecting their life, and then have to prove to the insurance company that it wasn't drug induced. You have to have it done by a plastic surgeon.

As far as I know, once the tissue/gland is there, its there until it is removed. You can take stuff to stop the growth obviously. visit gynecomastia.org and there is a forum, any question you have can be answered by some of the top gyno surgeons in the country.

Hope this helps.
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Quote Originally Posted by ryanofdetroit View Post
    OP,

I too had gyno and eventually had the surgery to get it removed. Not sure if you know this, but very few insurance plans offer it. I have heard military insurance pays for it, and actually have read some sad stories about young guys attempting suicide then having a psychiatrist write a referral that gyno is severely affecting their life, and then have to prove to the insurance company that it wasn't drug induced. You have to have it done by a plastic surgeon.

As far as I know, once the tissue/gland is there, its there until it is removed. You can take stuff to stop the growth obviously. visit gynecomastia.org and there is a forum, any question you have can be answered by some of the top gyno surgeons in the country.

Hope this helps.

when i was young around 18 or 19 i had gyno in both breasts. I had them both surgically removed. So techinically shouldnt gyno glands be gone? Thanks for the info, but i want to try a pharmaceutical approach before i consider a costly surgery.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

when i was young around 18 or 19 i had gyno in both breasts. I had them both surgically removed. So techinically shouldnt gyno glands be gone? Thanks for the info, but i want to try a pharmaceutical approach before i consider a costly surgery.
    called the Endo today and they agreed to prescribe arimidex. yeahyah!
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.42%

Gynecomastia is the result of elevated estrogen and testosterone in the younger years. Kids that jack off a lot have a higher potential for it.

Surgery is about the only option, but leaning out a lot will make it much less noticeable. A lot of times the tissue can draw extra fat around it and make the significance worse.

If you make sure your nipples are hard when you go somewhere or with someone you won't notice it much at all.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Gynecomastia is the result of elevated estrogen and testosterone in the younger years. Kids that jack off a lot have a higher potential for it.

Surgery is about the only option, but leaning out a lot will make it much less noticeable. A lot of times the tissue can draw extra fat around it and make the significance worse.

If you make sure your nipples are hard when you go somewhere or with someone you won't notice it much at all.
    im not sure if your info of "jacking off" raises est levels. LOL but i do know what gyno is and i have had it in the past. including the surgery. Arimidex is anastrozole. its a non steroidal estrogen inhibitor. It will block enzymes from even making estrogen. Making gyno practically impossible to occur. Yes, if you stop the drug the gyno may return, but i'd rather just take the drug than having surgeries...
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

got the arimidex today! so excited! even getting blood work done before the cycle to make sure everything bounces back after post cycle.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.16%

Ejaculation causes a huge rise in prolactin - that's what keeps you from going again right afterwards. It is also why you can have multiple orgasms on cabergoline.
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Ejaculation causes a huge rise in prolactin - that's what keeps you from going again right afterwards. It is also why you can have multiple orgasms on cabergoline.
    but where is the correlation with gyno?
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.42%

im not sure if your info of "jacking off" raises est levels. LOL but i do know what gyno is and i have had it in the past. including the surgery. Arimidex is anastrozole. its a non steroidal estrogen inhibitor. It will block enzymes from even making estrogen. Making gyno practically impossible to occur. Yes, if you stop the drug the gyno may return, but i'd rather just take the drug than having surgeries...
    Think about it. Estrogen is raised with testosterone and jacking off raises testosterone. Coincidence?
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%

Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Think about it. Estrogen is raised with testosterone and jacking off raises testosterone. Coincidence?
    I will get you the data but sex (masturbation) has only been proved to slightly raise test levels. Not to the point where test begins to aromatize to est.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gyno or not gyno? That's the question...
    By Napao in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
  2. reg gyno or prolaction gyno??
    By dra05ke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 06:43 PM
  3. gyno symptoms/gyno on mtrn?
    By JonasDavidsson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. Gyno in PCT...what to do from here...
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 09:18 PM