Best Foods for TESTOSTERONE?!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Best Foods for TESTOSTERONE?!

What are the best foods for increasing Testosterone?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

From what I have read:

Oysters, steak, salmon, eggs, broccoli, pumpkin, bananas, avocados...

They say "think zinc" and also to eat healthy fats.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

coconut oil
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

almonds
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Nuts are good for your nuts!
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I've never heard about coconut oil, but thats very interesting
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    This should be easy to remember.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

olive oil....not as good as coconut oil though
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

i just read that the amount that food, any food, can increase your own testosterone is very, very, very minimal. so much to the point that you shouldnt worry about it and just go by other means to boosting your test. with food your essentially wasting your time
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Eggs, olive oil, and coconut oil or anything that contains cholesterol.

Follow the top left hand corner of cholesterol, to the right hand side.

11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i just read that the amount that food, any food, can increase your own testosterone is very, very, very minimal. so much to the point that you shouldnt worry about it and just go by other means to boosting your test. with food your essentially wasting your time
    Its true that it can be minimal.

Unless a person goes on a high fat intake diet. Usually ingesting high amounts of meat and fat for fuel, instead of the conventional carb as fuel.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

nah, thats why i looked into it, i was taking in lost of fats from steaks, whole mild, eggs etc. so i decided to really look into it. id advoacte just getting in the protien carbs and fats you need and go by other means to boosting your test. food will NOT raise it to any level where it will make a difference on muscle building.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

nah, thats why i looked into it, i was taking in lost of fats from steaks, whole mild, eggs etc. so i decided to really look into it. id advoacte just getting in the protien carbs and fats you need and go by other means to boosting your test. food will NOT raise it to any level where it will make a difference on muscle building.

link to study please
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    link to study please
    x2 lets see some references.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

ok so your telling me that we live in a world where man can increase testosterone by eating a steak, drinking a glass of milk, or even just adding a packet of sweetener to your tea? if this were true we all would simply swallow our ways to better bodies without the use of supplementation or steroids.

there are very few naturally occuring simple molecules that can change a persons phsiology, mood, or preformance. if you believe food can significantly boost test then eat up, but there would be no need for supplementation or use of steriods if this were true.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    lol
  17. Registered User
    Answers

All are good suggestions, also try not to cram too much carbs at once due to lipid issues, other than that all these are great suggestions.
    doing my own thang!
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Oh we forgot to mention cranberries!
    doing my own thang!
  19. Board Supporter
    Answers

ok so your telling me that we live in a world where man can increase testosterone by eating a steak, drinking a glass of milk, or even just adding a packet of sweetener to your tea? if this were true we all would simply swallow our ways to better bodies without the use of supplementation or steroids.

there are very few naturally occuring simple molecules that can change a persons phsiology, mood, or preformance. if you believe food can significantly boost test then eat up, but there would be no need for supplementation or use of steriods if this were true.
    +1000

The only way that food will make a significant improvement in test is if your diet is garbage to begin with. Micromanage if you want but don't expect miracles. In fact, attempts to optimize one variable will likely lead to decreases in others...
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Natural testosterone does not build muscle directly....
    doing my own thang!
  21. Registered User
    Answers

If you dont have a fats in your diets, you test will most likely suffer dramatically.

If you already getting tons of fat, then adding steak or eggs wont really boost your test much further.

Many steriods made in the human body are derived from cholesterol, which is the molecule than is a prohormone, you could say to testosterone, however, it takes so many steps, you could not say its really a prohormone.

The real question is which fats are the best for your general health but also can maintain healthy testosterone levels.

Besides steak and eggs have other nutrients, Vitamin B, Arichindonic Acid that would also be beneficial to muscle building.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yams. ecdysterone from yams. I think....
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Yams. ecdysterone from yams. I think....
    Spinach contains hydroxyecdysone.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Wow this is actually really educational lol
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

many green vegetables such as cilantro and broccoli, mainly bc there high in zinc and other metals
  26. Registered User
    Answers

i got to start eating more greens
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I doubt any foods will raise your test levels enough for muscle building on a bodybuilding scale.
    Mainly because all that extra mass isnt the most natural or efficient state of the body.
    Eating clean will keep your test more balanced and higher than those who eat junk food all the time though.
    Erectile dysfunction, has low testosterone as a factor, along with high blood pressure, diabetes, and other health problems associated with bad diets.
    So all the suggestions made by those above were very good ones.

But supplementation is the only way to gain that extra boost to get the body you want.
    That is why I chuckle when women ask me if they workout will they automatically look like they are on roids. Because unless their natural test levels are really high they are just going to get toned. And nothing is sexier than a toned woman with flat abs or a six pack.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  29. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by GuyverX View Post
    ...And nothing is sexier than a toned woman with flat abs or a six pack.
    Amen
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Amen
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Although I am still trying to find scientific evidence that supports this, I have read that goji berries naturally increase test. Also, they contain polysaccharrides, specifically LBP 1, 2, 3 and 4 which act as powerful secretagogues for hgh production.
    And even if they don't, they are a damn nutritional Berry worth eating anyways.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

eating poop raises test levels by 1000%. the more poop you eat the bigger your muscles will be.
  33. Registered User
    Answers

I just read that post. It seems really interesting. The only problem is, have you ever had onion juice? That sh!t burns all the way down to your stomach and makes you feel like you want to vomit. Plus the article never states what kind of onions were used. I know that their are a lot of different varieties of onions out their, which one was used? But def a very interesting article.
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

LHJO then drink it hahahaha totally kidding
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'6"  212 lbs.
    Answers

I agree with what you've said Ricky, there's no way we can boost testosterone levels to a significant point through food. If we think that way, Inuit people would have the highest testosterone levels in the whole human race, since the ones that still live from what nature gives to them eat a high protein and high fat diet, and these fat are mainly cholestrol and fish oil. On the other side, there's people from Asia that eat a soy rich diet that is said to low testosterone, wich by the way isn't true from own experience (I've done a blood test with total testosterone, progestin, estrogen and other hormones and my estrogen was on the mid levels and the test was 757,5ng/dl in a scale where 800ng/dl is the maximum for an adult male), so from there we can see the "power" of food in ours hormone profiles
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    I just read that post. It seems really interesting. The only problem is, have you ever had onion juice? That sh!t burns all the way down to your stomach and makes you feel like you want to vomit. Plus the article never states what kind of onions were used. I know that their are a lot of different varieties of onions out their, which one was used? But def a very interesting article.
    I've never had it - and they said it was your basic garden onion. I'd use a white onion. I would just focus on eating one per day if you really wanted to see if this had any benefit. Be prepared for bad breath!
  37. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post
    I agree with what you've said Ricky, there's no way we can boost testosterone levels to a significant point through food. If we think that way, Inuit people would have the highest testosterone levels in the whole human race, since the ones that still live from what nature gives to them eat a high protein and high fat diet, and these fat are mainly cholestrol and fish oil. On the other side, there's people from Asia that eat a soy rich diet that is said to low testosterone, wich by the way isn't true from own experience (I've done a blood test with total testosterone, progestin, estrogen and other hormones and my estrogen was on the mid levels and the test was 757,5ng/dl in a scale where 800ng/dl is the maximum for an adult male), so from there we can see the "power" of food in ours hormone profiles
    QFE
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

If this were true we all would simply swallow our ways to better bodies without the use of supplementation or steroids.
    This is true. There is no "if" about it
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Some foods contain a natural estrogen. Eating healthy will maximize your test levels. It wont give you steroid like test levels but eating healthy will give you optimal test levels while off a cycle. This will help you keep your gains.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Zinc deficiency can lead to low testosterone levels, so I think a multivitamin is important for this reason.

Foods that are claimed to be high in zinc such as eggs, well, 100g of eggs only contains 1.3mg of zinc.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 04:32 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 06:58 AM
  3. For Sale: testosterone recovery stack (Testosterone Boosters)
    By spartan300 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 01:51 AM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 01:08 PM