Best Foods for TESTOSTERONE?!

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the best foods for increasing Testosterone?

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
From what I have read:

Oysters, steak, salmon, eggs, broccoli, pumpkin, bananas, avocados...

They say "think zinc" and also to eat healthy fats.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never heard about coconut oil, but thats very interesting

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
olive oil....not as good as coconut oil though

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i just read that the amount that food, any food, can increase your own testosterone is very, very, very minimal. so much to the point that you shouldnt worry about it and just go by other means to boosting your test. with food your essentially wasting your time

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Eggs, olive oil, and coconut oil or anything that contains cholesterol.

Follow the top left hand corner of cholesterol, to the right hand side.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
i just read that the amount that food, any food, can increase your own testosterone is very, very, very minimal. so much to the point that you shouldnt worry about it and just go by other means to boosting your test. with food your essentially wasting your time
Its true that it can be minimal.

Unless a person goes on a high fat intake diet. Usually ingesting high amounts of meat and fat for fuel, instead of the conventional carb as fuel.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
nah, thats why i looked into it, i was taking in lost of fats from steaks, whole mild, eggs etc. so i decided to really look into it. id advoacte just getting in the protien carbs and fats you need and go by other means to boosting your test. food will NOT raise it to any level where it will make a difference on muscle building.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
nah, thats why i looked into it, i was taking in lost of fats from steaks, whole mild, eggs etc. so i decided to really look into it. id advoacte just getting in the protien carbs and fats you need and go by other means to boosting your test. food will NOT raise it to any level where it will make a difference on muscle building.

link to study please

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
ok so your telling me that we live in a world where man can increase testosterone by eating a steak, drinking a glass of milk, or even just adding a packet of sweetener to your tea? if this were true we all would simply swallow our ways to better bodies without the use of supplementation or steroids.

there are very few naturally occuring simple molecules that can change a persons phsiology, mood, or preformance. if you believe food can significantly boost test then eat up, but there would be no need for supplementation or use of steriods if this were true.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
All are good suggestions, also try not to cram too much carbs at once due to lipid issues, other than that all these are great suggestions.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Oh we forgot to mention cranberries!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok so your telling me that we live in a world where man can increase testosterone by eating a steak, drinking a glass of milk, or even just adding a packet of sweetener to your tea? if this were true we all would simply swallow our ways to better bodies without the use of supplementation or steroids.

there are very few naturally occuring simple molecules that can change a persons phsiology, mood, or preformance. if you believe food can significantly boost test then eat up, but there would be no need for supplementation or use of steriods if this were true.
+1000

The only way that food will make a significant improvement in test is if your diet is garbage to begin with. Micromanage if you want but don't expect miracles. In fact, attempts to optimize one variable will likely lead to decreases in others...

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established

Natural testosterone does not build muscle directly....

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
If you dont have a fats in your diets, you test will most likely suffer dramatically.

If you already getting tons of fat, then adding steak or eggs wont really boost your test much further.

Many steriods made in the human body are derived from cholesterol, which is the molecule than is a prohormone, you could say to testosterone, however, it takes so many steps, you could not say its really a prohormone.

The real question is which fats are the best for your general health but also can maintain healthy testosterone levels.

Besides steak and eggs have other nutrients, Vitamin B, Arichindonic Acid that would also be beneficial to muscle building.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow this is actually really educational lol

DrchocolateMi

Awards
many green vegetables such as cilantro and broccoli, mainly bc there high in zinc and other metals

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I doubt any foods will raise your test levels enough for muscle building on a bodybuilding scale.
Mainly because all that extra mass isnt the most natural or efficient state of the body.
Eating clean will keep your test more balanced and higher than those who eat junk food all the time though.
Erectile dysfunction, has low testosterone as a factor, along with high blood pressure, diabetes, and other health problems associated with bad diets.
So all the suggestions made by those above were very good ones.

But supplementation is the only way to gain that extra boost to get the body you want.
That is why I chuckle when women ask me if they workout will they automatically look like they are on roids. Because unless their natural test levels are really high they are just going to get toned. And nothing is sexier than a toned woman with flat abs or a six pack.

broons

Awards
  • Established
Although I am still trying to find scientific evidence that supports this, I have read that goji berries naturally increase test. Also, they contain polysaccharrides, specifically LBP 1, 2, 3 and 4 which act as powerful secretagogues for hgh production.
And even if they don't, they are a damn nutritional Berry worth eating anyways.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
eating poop raises test levels by 1000%. the more poop you eat the bigger your muscles will be.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just read that post. It seems really interesting. The only problem is, have you ever had onion juice? That sh!t burns all the way down to your stomach and makes you feel like you want to vomit. Plus the article never states what kind of onions were used. I know that their are a lot of different varieties of onions out their, which one was used? But def a very interesting article.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LHJO then drink it hahahaha totally kidding

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what you've said Ricky, there's no way we can boost testosterone levels to a significant point through food. If we think that way, Inuit people would have the highest testosterone levels in the whole human race, since the ones that still live from what nature gives to them eat a high protein and high fat diet, and these fat are mainly cholestrol and fish oil. On the other side, there's people from Asia that eat a soy rich diet that is said to low testosterone, wich by the way isn't true from own experience (I've done a blood test with total testosterone, progestin, estrogen and other hormones and my estrogen was on the mid levels and the test was 757,5ng/dl in a scale where 800ng/dl is the maximum for an adult male), so from there we can see the "power" of food in ours hormone profiles;)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I just read that post. It seems really interesting. The only problem is, have you ever had onion juice? That sh!t burns all the way down to your stomach and makes you feel like you want to vomit. Plus the article never states what kind of onions were used. I know that their are a lot of different varieties of onions out their, which one was used? But def a very interesting article.
I've never had it - and they said it was your basic garden onion. I'd use a white onion. I would just focus on eating one per day if you really wanted to see if this had any benefit. Be prepared for bad breath!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with what you've said Ricky, there's no way we can boost testosterone levels to a significant point through food. If we think that way, Inuit people would have the highest testosterone levels in the whole human race, since the ones that still live from what nature gives to them eat a high protein and high fat diet, and these fat are mainly cholestrol and fish oil. On the other side, there's people from Asia that eat a soy rich diet that is said to low testosterone, wich by the way isn't true from own experience (I've done a blood test with total testosterone, progestin, estrogen and other hormones and my estrogen was on the mid levels and the test was 757,5ng/dl in a scale where 800ng/dl is the maximum for an adult male), so from there we can see the "power" of food in ours hormone profiles;)
QFE

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Some foods contain a natural estrogen. Eating healthy will maximize your test levels. It wont give you steroid like test levels but eating healthy will give you optimal test levels while off a cycle. This will help you keep your gains.

ana420

ana420

Awards
Zinc deficiency can lead to low testosterone levels, so I think a multivitamin is important for this reason.

Foods that are claimed to be high in zinc such as eggs, well, 100g of eggs only contains 1.3mg of zinc.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Multivitamins are usually not a good source of zinc because they contain calcium also. Calcium blocks the absorbtion of zinc. Also drinking alcohol depletes zinc. So a zinc supplement or food is a must.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some foods contain a natural estrogen. Eating healthy will maximize your test levels. It wont give you steroid like test levels but eating healthy will give you optimal test levels while off a cycle. This will help you keep your gains.
What foods contain natural estrogens?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If someone can provide blood work when it comes to the onion thing, I may be swayed into giving it a try. IF the results warranted the effort.

As of right now, it doesn't seem worth it. Is having your testosterone levels slightly elevated worth having onion breath? You sweat out onion smell too.... Eh, I don't think it's worth it.

Can you just add an onion to your food intake every day? How many onions are required to make the necessary amount of onion juice?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oops. I meant natural anti-estrogens. Those would include broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts, radish...

Also there is a thread on a guy doing bloodwork on the onion. I just add an onion to my cooking. My girlfriend has not said anything about the smell.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
I think foods work as natural test boosters. Much like supplements. We all lower our test ourselves by drinking to much , not sleeping enough etc. Also our test declines over time with age, but some foods (especially those high in cholesterol), and those that work by other means, raise our test level to where it should be naturally. Not to crazy amounts like with steroids, but to healthy natural levels.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
Small increases in testosterone over time may amount to a significant raise in baseline testosterone. I've found the best results with basic recommendations to my clients:

-Try to eat red meat(lean cuts, grass-fed is preferred), salmon, or omega-3 eggs once per day
-Take supplemental omega-3's
-Eat plenty of green veggies like spinach and broccoli
-Do not over-train
-Do not under-sleep
-Manage your stress levels

the hormonal cascade that follows these relatively simple guidelines can actually make noticeable differences in the way you look and feel.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Small increases in testosterone over time may amount to a significant raise in baseline testosterone. I've found the best results with basic recommendations to my clients:

-Try to eat red meat(lean cuts, grass-fed is preferred), salmon, or omega-3 eggs once per day
-Take supplemental omega-3's
-Eat plenty of green veggies like spinach and broccoli
-Do not over-train
-Do not under-sleep
-Manage your stress levels

the hormonal cascade that follows these relatively simple guidelines can actually make noticeable differences in the way you look and feel.

I've been trying to eat grass-fed beef, the only problem is its really hard to find and not everywhere sells it

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
I've been trying to eat grass-fed beef, the only problem is its really hard to find and not everywhere sells it
luckily with beef, there is less quantity of EFA vs something like chicken. Chicken despite being lower in fat, has more omega-6 than a lean cut of steak. Even corn-fed beef is okay. It does not have as good of a O3:O6 ratio as grass fed but I would be more worried about eating the cheap, corn-fed poultry. They are quite high in omega-6. Free range chicken/turkey is a good way to go. Many people find these selections unaffordable, so what I recommend in that case is simply add sources of omega-3 to your diet to keep a healthy ratio in place. EPA/DHA are the best sources (fish oil), but getting some ALA from flax for instance is good too.

--Alex

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
luckily with beef, there is less quantity of EFA vs something like chicken. Chicken despite being lower in fat, has more omega-6 than a lean cut of steak. Even corn-fed beef is okay. It does not have as good of a O3:O6 ratio as grass fed but I would be more worried about eating the cheap, corn-fed poultry. They are quite high in omega-6. Free range chicken/turkey is a good way to go. Many people find these selections unaffordable, so what I recommend in that case is simply add sources of omega-3 to your diet to keep a healthy ratio in place. EPA/DHA are the best sources (fish oil), but getting some ALA from flax for instance is good too.

--Alex
Very Interesting