New work/workout schedule help needed

ambushunter

Awards
Well last fall I broke my collor bone and was out of comish till now. Well new job new schedule. I am going to have to work out in the mornings since I won't have every afternoon and want a ruitine. This is my schedule. Wake up 4AM eat a small meal workout 5AM-6:15AM Work from 7:30AM-4PM. I have an office job so I can eat the small meals needed through out the day. i guess my biggest question is after a nights rest I can't eat very much in the morning that close to a workout. It causes me to get sick to my stomack when I'm busting my ass in the gym. Will this hurt me or should I try and get up a little earlier? I have kids so no I don't get the 8 hours when I get up at 4AM now. If I have to change and work out after work I will only beable to get in 2 maybe 3 days a week.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
3 days a week could be a very solid routine. working out fasted at 5 am might not give you as good results, you wont have any energy to lift heavy. there is also some research done about our spinal fluids taking 2-3 hours to settle after wakeup, so there is good consideration to give your body enough time to get ready. 3 days a week: push, pull, legs. this way you got a day's worth of food in you already when you go to lift after work, plus you can get a big energy packed breakfast in.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I would really try to work on getting those 8 hours of sleep. I understand it is very difficult with kids, but your body needs that to recover and grow.

ambushunter

Awards
Yes the couple times I have worked, out early, with my prework out and a energy drink, I have the energy, just not the fuel if ya know what I mean?n I get 8 hours if I don't get up extra early. Looks like I will just work out afternoons and evenings.
Thanks guys.