Purified Water VS. Distilled Water?!?! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Purified Water VS. Distilled Water?!?!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessbyalex View Post
    fruits and vegetables are very enzyme rich. Potatoes instead of grains for instance is a good way to improve digestion.

I do advocate drinking distilled water. A close second is deionized water.

-Alex
    Cool Thank You

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Their has been a lot of debate between these two. Which is better? And for what would you use each for? Which is healthier for you to drink? Thank You
    I live in vermont, we have well water. It's fizzy with sulfur most of the time and i've had no troubles with it, just a weird taste sometimes.
    I would say purified water over distilled as it has minerals in it. I will always go for tap water when I can because it isn't treated or comes from a factory in any way.
    Just my opinion.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lyfespan View Post
    I drink only distilled water, or fiji. All the water out there, bottled or not, is so full of contaminants, not only the fluoride, but also prescription drugs as well. With everyone dumping pills into the water systems, the specs on the water around me is sad as ****, as the water districts publish a quaterly report.
    I would be careful drinking Fiji water. It comes from an unsustainable source, so maybe it's pure and tasty, but a lot of people are suffering environmental destruction to put it on your the shelves.
    I'm not a Hippie btw.
    I hate hippies....
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessbyalex View Post
    the myth regarding distilled water and nutrient/mineral loss is nonsense. Its not founded on anything but anecdotal propaganda. We are not meant to get our minerals from water, rather fruits, veggies and other foods with substantial quantities of them. The amounts in water are trivial. What's really important to look out for with water is ACIDITY. Most spring water is quite acidic depending on the source. Fluoride should be avoided at all costs as its quite simply a neuro-toxin. the reverse osmosis process creates a very acidic water as well. Maintaining proper pH balance in your body is VERY important and usually overlooked. It requires a balance of adic forming foods (proteins - amino 'acids') and alkaline foods like green veggies, and most fruits. There are a few things I focus very strictly on with my clients:

-pH of foods and body
    -Inflammatory vs. anti-inflammatory balance of foods and body
    -Digestion and making sure they eat nutrient, enzyme rich foods that do not strip the body of its digestive resources (like most grains do...)

-Alex
    Clarification here Alex, are you saying that the acidity of the water is good or bad? And why?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    Clarification here Alex, are you saying that the acidity of the water is good or bad? And why?
    I take it as him saying that you encounter acids anyways- just maintain Ph balance through diet
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I understand that you should maintain an acid/base balance in your diet but many foods that you think of as acidic don't have a net acid effect in the blood while things that are usually seen as basic like dairy products, have an extremely high acid effect in the blood.

Therefor acidic water, like vinegar, wouldn't make your blood more acidic. It would likely make it less acidic or raise the pH.
  7. cmc
    Stats
    5'9"  193 lbs.

Whether water has a slight acidity or alkalinity depends on the minerals that are naturally present in the water. Your acid/alkaline balance has much more to do with the foods that you eat. Concentrate on your diet and just make sure that you drink clean water.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    You ideally want water that is pH neutral or slightly alkaline. Most water available to consumers to day (including tap water) is highly acidic. Vapor distilled and deionized are my top choices.

-Alex
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmc View Post
    Whether water has a slight acidity or alkalinity depends on the minerals that are naturally present in the water. Your acid/alkaline balance has much more to do with the foods that you eat. Concentrate on your diet and just make sure that you drink clean water.
    This is actually a mis-conception. The amount of minerals in the water create an insignificant contribution to your daily requirements. We are not intended to get most of our minerals from water (otherwise we'd be designed to drink something like 100 gallons a day or more). Food, (fruits and veggies etc) are intended to provide us with minerals that help our body maintain a proper pH balance. It just helps to drink water that isn't working against this.

-Alex
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  55 lbs.

Distilled water doesn't have minerals, but will this cause long-term health issues? Different experts have different opinion regarding this matter. What we know is that our bodies cannot stay healthy without minerals which are vital to our health.

So what did anti-distilled drinking water groups say? They're saying a lot of stuff to malign pure water and to make people no longer buy bottled pure water.

How does normal water get its minerals? Water is a natural solvent and in its natural reservoirs, it's composed of many impurities coming from both organic and inorganic matter. Rock sediments and decaying matter can add so much contaminant that renders water inappropriate for major human applications. Water should be treated before it can be usable in any way. Water treatment involves removal of a significant amount of impurity. One of the most reliable methods of treatment is distillation, which removes virtually all forms of contaminants, leaving water that is extremely pure.

Some bottled water products are actually distilled. So, now you know the difference between distilled and spring water. Now, manufacturers of distilled pure water should answer controversies regarding their priced pure water.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  94 lbs.

Smile

There are many commercials of bottled water. Some of them distilled, most of them purified.
    Filtered water is actually the most basic form of cleansing water. Its utmost advantage is it helps reduce chlorine odor and taste. You can see this type of system in most appliances such as washing machines, coffee makers and refrigerators. However, some experts say it does not really get rid of most impurities that may be detrimental to health such as viruses. These things are too small to be filtered by an ordinary filtration system. This leads us to the purification process. This is the second best type of cleansing system. It helps get rid of those impurities that could not be removed by an ordinary filtration system. Viruses, cysts, and pesticides can be removed by this. Last but certainly not the least is the distillation process. This has been coined as the best way to render water clean. There are many companies today that provide distilled water. In this system, water is boiled in addition to filtering and purifying. This method will help get rid of any remaining contaminants and health threats in your water source. In that way, no other contaminant will be left surviving.

Thanks....
    Addison Brown
    Last edited by Addison Brown; 08-27-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: To add somthing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Distilled Water's 'lets see if I can hit the 225 mark'
    By Distilled Water in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 05:22 PM
  2. Distilled Water DC training log.......i'm getting huge
    By Distilled Water in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
  3. Distilled Water goes All The Whey ;)
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10