Early Morning workouts...to eat or not to eat??

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

well my schedule requires me to workout only in the morning, around 5:30am, and I need to be at work at 7:30am...

I am currently on a pretty intense cut right now. I am trying to get down to 6-7% and Im currently at 9%. My diet, training, and supplements are spot on i believe. And I will start a 6 week cycle of Furaza-A on the first of March.

So my question is, can i take, lets say, 20g bcaa and 5g of glut, and preworkout drink, with an apple instead of eating something before i workout? I want to wake up and head straight to the gym but im afraid, without food, I will be completely catabolic during my intense workout. I also drink purplewrath during my workout.. but without the calories and nutrients, I definitely do not want to be losing any muscle.. Is there a better alternative, or is what i have planned fine?

Thanks guys!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

well my schedule requires me to workout only in the morning, around 5:30am, and I need to be at work at 7:30am...

I am currently on a pretty intense cut right now. I am trying to get down to 6-7% and Im currently at 9%. My diet, training, and supplements are spot on i believe. And I will start a 6 week cycle of Furaza-A on the first of March.

So my question is, can i take, lets say, 20g bcaa and 5g of glut, and preworkout drink, with an apple instead of eating something before i workout? I want to wake up and head straight to the gym but im afraid, without food, I will be completely catabolic during my intense workout. I also drink purplewrath during my workout.. but without the calories and nutrients, I definitely do not want to be losing any muscle.. Is there a better alternative, or is what i have planned fine?

Thanks guys!
I don't see why not, so long as you are getting the adequate nutrition; after all, it's not DURING training that you lose or gain. I personally do all my training - cardio, weights (and post-weights cardio if I feel like it) - first thing on an empty stomach and eat my breakfast ~30 minutes afterwards. My training is intense and I have no trouble maintaining (or even gaining) muscle mass. Everyone is different, though, so it may not work for you. You can only try.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why not, so long as you are getting the adequate nutrition; after all, it's not DURING training that you lose or gain. I personally do all my training - cardio, weights (and post-weights cardio if I feel like it) - first thing on an empty stomach and eat my breakfast ~30 minutes afterwards. My training is intense and I have no trouble maintaining (or even gaining) muscle mass. Everyone is different, though, so it may not work for you. You can only try.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Thanks so much Rosie! I will give it a try and see how it goes. and btw, Amphetalin is the s***!!! Loved the samples! Do you know when it will be available?

Thanks so much

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks so much Rosie! I will give it a try and see how it goes. and btw, Amphetalin is the s***!!! Loved the samples! Do you know when it will be available?

Thanks so much
No worries, bud :) And yeah, it is one helluva product to be sure! Should be available pretty soon.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i did fasted weight training for 7 weeks and absolutely loved it during a cut. just hit some bcaas b4 and during

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I am an early workout guy to.
I haven't tried lifting in the morning yet but I do typically do my cardio then go out and eat my food in the car, kill about 45 minutes and go back in to the gym an lift.

I have considered lifting before eating but just haven't done it yet, maybe I will give it a shot tomorrow.

-James

nynone

nynone

Awards
i say cardio on an empty stomach always! it's the best way to burn the fat. as for the lifting on an empty stomach, that's your call. i can, and don't mind it. i find it easier on recovery to eat before and during though. it's all gonna depend on you though. be ready for shorter workouts without the food, unless you're taking one hell of a pre-wo before hand. if you do eat prior to working out, light hard, and drain yourself. then, and only then, go to cardio and destroy yourself there after.

cardio on an empty stomach is best for fat loss, and doing it after a heavy workout (if eating prior to your w.o.), it's about the same result. i say just do it as long as you possibly can. just remember, everyone's body is different, and it may take some getting used to. hopefully this help you man.

UKStrength

I couldn't personally lift so early in the morning, I find I need the whole day to be 'ready' to train. In terms of the nutrition, I see no reason why you couldn't lift fasted, however some BCAAs, Beta-Alanine and a good NO supplement (to help with blood perfusion) would be recommended ;)

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
There is no right or wrong about this,everyones body responds differently. Try both ways for 4-8 weeks and look in the mirror. I personally work out at 5am on an empty stomach,cardio,or heavy lifting,and that works best for me.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't personally lift so early in the morning, I find I need the whole day to be 'ready' to train. In terms of the nutrition, I see no reason why you couldn't lift fasted, however some BCAAs, Beta-Alanine and a good NO supplement (to help with blood perfusion) would be recommended ;)
i agree but some of us do not have an option to lift later......besides after 12-13 hours of being at work i have just enough energy to drive home, shower, eat and if i'm lucky...get lucky that's it

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I like to lift at 6am fasted as well. It took a little while to get my body in the habit of getting up and being ready to lift, but once I did, not much problem. I usually get up and pack lunch box and get dressed so I am up for around an hour before starting to lift. I feel like my body is "awake" by then, and I usually drink some xtend and vasocharge on the way. As long as your body is up to it, I don't have any issues. I am with Lennoxchi, i am usually drained after work, so it is somewhat harder to get motivated then than it is at 6 am.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
fasted lifting is a great way to loose some body fat and hit those low numbers. definitely do the bcaa + glutamine as it will keep your body from scrounging those aminos from your muscles. ditch the apple though, and take it post workout.

i'd PM thundergod about this personally, as this is what worked for him (if my memory didn't completely fail me), and i'd rather you got firsthand advice on this, rather than me assuming my memory is perfect.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I dunno if its good or bad, but right before cardio or lifting in the AM I eat a boiled egg....I figured there's no carbs which will hafta be burnt, just some fat and protein....And sugar free crystal light energy rush or other sugar free energy drink....something with caffiene, anyways...

CRcatcher06

Awards
When i was working out in the morning, i would always take my pre-wo of Jack3d w/ bcaa's but that would usually get my stomach in knots during the end of my workouts during cardio so i started eating a handfull or so of almonds with my pre-wo. That worked perfectly to just get something into my stomach.

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for all your great advice! it was really helpful. Yesterday was the first day and on the way to the gym, i drank mixture of 20gm BCAA, 5gm GLUTAMINE, 2 scoops WHITEFLOOD, 3 scoops GLYCERGROW. (it was still nasty! lol) During my workout which lasted 1hr and 20min, i drank 2 scoops of PURPLEWRATH throughout. Post workout was 1 scoop of ON WHEY, 1/2 scoop of Waxymaize, 5g BCAA, 5g GLUTAMINE. and 45min later I had breakfast which consisted of 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 of yogurt, 1 cup cooked oatmeal in water, and my fish oils, cla, and multi-v.

My workout did start out alittle slower which was expected. But overall i felt honestly better than i ever have, towards the end!
One question though, am i taking enough bcaa, glutamine, and others before my workout to prevent catabolism? How did everything look?
Getting shredded is my goal (6%) but I really dont want to loose too much muscle..
btw ill be putting up a log soon of my cut and the use of Furuza-A

Thanks guys! :)

UKStrength

i agree but some of us do not have an option to lift later......besides after 12-13 hours of being at work i have just enough energy to drive home, shower, eat and if i'm lucky...get lucky that's it
Totally agree mate, I work long shifts at the hospital so it's a nightmare getting to the gym at 'peak' hour for a session.

It's just me possibly, but I feel like my joints are not 'ready' at such an early hour. Maybe I'm just a *****, I could whack some PreMax in and get it done :D

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how is the pre-max rick?

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt workout with out something in my gut unless i was trying to lose alot of weight.

at 9%bf HOLY COW! thats damn low.
your also taking stims on empty stomach then hitting a work out?
do you feel ok when you do this?

id suggest maybe getting a big protein bar or something just before.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea i use to do that its just a ****ty feeling....

4 pancakes a protien shake and hour b4 lifting.... then an energy drink while i lift... that provides me with a lot of intensity

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Thanks guys!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

I'm with Rosie. I too worked out right after waking up. I'd take a few RPM, drop a deuce, mix up a few scoops of BCAA and water and hit the gym.

My problem is I just don't have an appetite when I wake up. I put on weight just fine though with fasted strength training. Just eat as soon as you can afterwords and follow a normal bulking/cutting diet throughout your day.

Now I'm at a new 24 hour gym though. I do fasted cardio in the "morning" and lift after work about 1am. It's sooo nice to workout after eating all day. So much more energy in the gym. I almost walk out feeling too good yet, whereas before I was completely drained.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for all your great advice! it was really helpful. Yesterday was the first day and on the way to the gym, i drank mixture of 20gm BCAA, 5gm GLUTAMINE, 2 scoops WHITEFLOOD, 3 scoops GLYCERGROW. (it was still nasty! lol) During my workout which lasted 1hr and 20min, i drank 2 scoops of PURPLEWRATH throughout. Post workout was 1 scoop of ON WHEY, 1/2 scoop of Waxymaize, 5g BCAA, 5g GLUTAMINE. and 45min later I had breakfast which consisted of 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 of yogurt, 1 cup cooked oatmeal in water, and my fish oils, cla, and multi-v.

My workout did start out alittle slower which was expected. But overall i felt honestly better than i ever have, towards the end!
One question though, am i taking enough bcaa, glutamine, and others before my workout to prevent catabolism? How did everything look?
Getting shredded is my goal (6%) but I really dont want to loose too much muscle..
btw ill be putting up a log soon of my cut and the use of Furuza-A

Thanks guys! :)
By the way, the morning worksouts will improve with time as your body adjusts. I started doing what your doing over a year ago now and whilst at first I struggled with workouts, now I can't train with any food inside me. I've gone from around 175 lbs 20% bf to 175 lbs at 9 - 10%. Looking pretty good now. All done on early morning empty stomach workouts. I've tried it with and without BCAAs and believe its a lot better with BCAAs.