Bought a juicer, any recipes?

reptone

Awards
  • Established
I`m looking for a few recipes for juicing. Blends for joint pain, insomnia, etc. Anything any of you drink every day for general health and just greattasting blends.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I've read mixing grape juice with certo is good for arthritis. I haven't personally tried it though.

And for insomnia: The first recipe that can help insomniacs is a combination of beets and celery. The complex carbohydrates and starch in beet root can help promote sleep. Celery can be a good tonic for insomniacs because it has a calming effect on the central nervous system.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
I've read mixing grape juice with certo is good for arthritis. I haven't personally tried it though.

And for insomnia: The first recipe that can help insomniacs is a combination of beets and celery. The complex carbohydrates and starch in beet root can help promote sleep. Celery can be a good tonic for insomniacs because it has a calming effect on the central nervous system.
Thanks. This is exactly the kind of responses I was looking for.

AirCanuck

Awards
hey man - are we talking blender type thing? I'm thinking 'magic bullet'. hope it helps...

I love making smoothies, they're a great healthy way to have a quick bite.

common ingredients:
-any berries
-fat free yogurt
-skim milk
-low fat organic peanut butter
-bananas
-flax seed

it's good to sneak in healthy fiber and things similar to flax seed - sometimes even metimucil - because fiber helps you feel full. Any healthy little bits that you normally wouldn't want to eat you wont' even notice you're eating it when it's in a smoothie. You can also use orange juice, but pay attention to how much sugar is in it - berries are already sweet enough.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
hey man - are we talking blender type thing? I'm thinking 'magic bullet'. hope it helps...

I love making smoothies, they're a great healthy way to have a quick bite.

common ingredients:
-any berries
-fat free yogurt
-skim milk
-low fat organic peanut butter
-bananas
-flax seed

it's good to sneak in healthy fiber and things similar to flax seed - sometimes even metimucil - because fiber helps you feel full. Any healthy little bits that you normally wouldn't want to eat you wont' even notice you're eating it when it's in a smoothie. You can also use orange juice, but pay attention to how much sugar is in it - berries are already sweet enough.
Yes. it is a bleder type. I put EVERYTHING in there. WHOLE apples, pears, etc. I love smoothies and always add unclavoreded whey protein. I was more looking for what veggies are good foe certain ailments or deficiencies, wetc. but your post is very helpful. Thanks.

AirCanuck

Awards
No prob. Another good source for good recipes for smoothies is the Abs Diet Ultimate Nutrition Handbook from MensHealth. I'll keep my ear to the ground for any more specific info on what you asked about.