stretch marks

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
are these permanent? And what is the best way to prevent them? I have them at the top of my arm pits, thankfully you can only see them when my arms are near fully extended but it still bothers me.

RedneckDB

Awards
I've had a large stretch mark [roughly 2 inches in length] above one armpit for the last 3 years BUT I have noticed recently that it has begun to fade and looks more like a scar - kind of like an old burn i guess, its not that wide and to be honest has never bothered me.

SOUTHCAR27

SOUTHCAR27

Awards
If you just started getting them from your shoulders growing, you can get the coco butter that pregnant women use. The bottle I got even had a pregnant woman on the front and said something about strech marks. I had the same problem about two years ago and it worked amazing. Good Luck

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
extra virgin unrefined coconut oil

amicold

Awards
I have a ton of them on my arms, delts, and quads, they fade with time. You can try the Palmer's lotion for stretchmarks it kind of helps on newer ones. As far as living with them they're ugly when they're new but once they fade no one gives a ****.

AirCanuck

Awards
hey man I have a few as well - the best thing out there by all accounts is this stuff called "Bio Oil". In Canada they have it at Shopper's Drug Mart, I don't know if they have that store in the states or not but you should be able to find it (or a similar product) at any pharmacy/drugstore. Put it on twice a day and they'll noticeably heal/fade.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FLAWLESS BY RPN HANDS DOWN!!!! works awesome!

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I've had them on the front and side of my hips (upper thighs) of all places since I was an early teen, and also across my lower back. Never was fat so i assume they came as a result of a growth spurt or something. I also have one large one above my left arm pit between my shoulder and pec most likely from working out. I've used cocoa butter in the past but not consistently. I used to be self conscious about them, but now not so much, they really aren't a big deal to me. May try using some fade cream and/or cocoa butter for a month and see what happens though. I'll start today.

AirCanuck

Awards
Vitamin E oil/creams work too. That's what I'm using right now.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i have them on my biceps, under my triceps, on the top of my quads, and on my hams.

there all red and really stand out. how long does it take for them to fade?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
are these permanent? And what is the best way to prevent them? I have them at the top of my arm pits, thankfully you can only see them when my arms are near fully extended but it still bothers me.
not warming up enough

the rest of the advice listed will help as well

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
Nothing will fix the stretchmarks in terms of topical. You need to get some of the fractionated laser treatment (either CO2 or another one that penetrates the dermis). Consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who does laser work.