cocunut oil

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Where can I get bulk coconutoil from? I am looking to combine that with extra vergain oilve oil and fish oil 3 times a day.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ive gotten big 40 oz containers from Vitamin shoppe, the one with the yellow label. they might not carry that brand anymore. what are you gonna do, melt it first? Its pretty difficult IMO to drink coconut oil with other things because it becomes solid again right below room temperature when you mix it with things. Easiest way I found to take coconut oil is in tea or scrambling eggs with it.

KarlaG

KarlaG

Banned
Awards
. . mixing it into your morning oats works a treat too!

Dangerous spelling btw DJ!

~Karla

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe my protein shake that has zero carbs. I am going to do that with vergin oilve oil too. I am switching my diet to low carb and use my fats as a source of energy and hormorns.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MCT and omega 3s.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ok lol good luck getting it into a cold protein shake, it will turn solid immediately

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just a table spoon is all I am looking for. Maybe spoon it in my mouth. I will have to figure that part out once I get it but the main thing is finding it in bulk.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
coconut oil can be nice. I haven't tried it in oatmeal (but will now) so mostly i use it for cooking and eaten with a spoon. makes a nice base addition to a hot cocoa too. But basically has to be around 80 degrees or higher to be fluid so has to be a warm shake.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will be ordering 5 gallons. That should last me a long time at 3 times a day with my no carb protein no fat protien shake. This should be a good source of energy.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my question is could I just use this and low dose carbs ie carbolyn as my source if energy. I am fazing out carbs as my source of energy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it does work nicely for that, and it is saturated fat so will help with natural testosterone production too.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
If\When you get coconut oil, make sure it is EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut oil. I eat that stuff by the table spoon fulls, 2 in the am, 2 in the early evening.
THe reason to get extra virgin coconut oil is because it still tastes like coconut vs hexane. I made the mistake of buying a large tub of "Virgin Coconut Oil" for $25.00... I ate the whole thing over a period of time and have now developed the nastiest gag reflex.. Its gross, so make sure you get ExtraVirgin Coconut oil, and you will pay a price for it cause its not cheap.
Eat it straight, its actually really tasty, it tastes just like... coconut :)
MK9

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If\When you get coconut oil, make sure it is EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut oil. I eat that stuff by the table spoon fulls, 2 in the am, 2 in the early evening.
THe reason to get extra virgin coconut oil is because it still tastes like coconut vs hexane. I made the mistake of buying a large tub of "Virgin Coconut Oil" for $25.00... I ate the whole thing over a period of time and have now developed the nastiest gag reflex.. Its gross, so make sure you get ExtraVirgin Coconut oil, and you will pay a price for it cause its not cheap.
Eat it straight, its actually really tasty, it tastes just like... coconut :)
MK9
Great information here. I ordered mine from amazon.

Some of the health benefits of consuming coconut oil include:

•Promotes weight loss and helps maintain healthy body weight
•Reduces the risk of heart disease
•Supports thyroid function
•Increases metabolism and energy
•Prevents bacterial, viral, and fungal infections
•Helps control diabetes and chronic fatigue
•Improves digestive disorders such as Crohn's disease and IBS
•Protects against alcohol damage to the liver
•Rejuvenates skin and prevents wrinkles

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cold, expellor pressed extra virgin is what you want.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
coconut oil is the ****! i am eating 60 grams of coconut oil/day and in three months my testosteron level went from 850 to over 1150.

amazing stuff!

Rozman

Awards
A Tbsp. of extra virgin coconut oil, 1 packet of Splenda or Truvia, and a scoop of Banana whey protein mixed into oatmeal or quinoa with just enough almond milk to stir it up is the shiznit!