olive oil vs peanut butter for healthy fat

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I get enough protein, fiber, and carbs in my diet, so would their be anything wrong with replacing my daily scoop of peanut butter with a spoonful of olive oil for healthy fat?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
This isn't directly what you're looking for but it does compare Olive Oil to Peanut Oil.

Question: We are wondering if you can clear up something for us. What is better for you nutritionally olive oil or peanut oil?

Answer: Peanut and olive oil both are high in monounsaturated fats and in diet studies are equal with regard to lowering cholesterol and triglycerides when compared to a "standard American diet". The health effects of all the other thousands of components in these oils is not well understood. Olive oil is "natural" in that it is one of the few plant oils which is edible as pressed from the plant. Peanut oil must be chemically processed. This may remove healthful anti-oxidants and other natural ingredients. I would personally prefer extra virgin olive oil because it has an interesting flavor; most peanut oil has had all flavors removed.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'm not neccesarily allergic to peanut butter, but I have noticed more sneazing after my shakes with peanut better. I am whanting to remove some mild allergins from my diet.