Expired protein??

RcMonahan

RcMonahan

Awards
I found a container of some whey in my house that has an experation date of about a year ago. Is it still safe to take? Will it still have the same effect?

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
Was the container open and then forgotten about or did you buy it and never use it? Was it stored in a cool, dry place? Does it have a rancid smell?
I'm not sure if I would risk it. You might be running the bathroom...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
heck I am a college student. Id try it.

RcMonahan

RcMonahan

Awards
yeah it was opened, never used, no bad smell, and was cooled in a cool dry place the entire time. I tried it once and it didn't taste any worse than it usually does lol. Im mainly wondering if it would be as effective.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
sounds like it would be fine to me.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
yeah it was opened, never used, no bad smell, and was cooled in a cool dry place the entire time. I tried it once and it didn't taste any worse than it usually does lol. Im mainly wondering if it would be as effective.
The smell test is what I personally would judge this by. Go for it, bro. From what I have been reading online, the breakdown process is very, very slow.

RcMonahan

RcMonahan

Awards
The smell test is what I personally would judge this by. Go for it, bro. From what I have been reading online, the breakdown process is very, very slow.
Thanks man. Ive read anywhere from it taking 6 months to about a year and a half before people wouldnt use it, so i imagine ill be fine. just wanted to know the thoughts of some other AM members.