Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter

footballfam

Awards
I keep hearing that almonds are better for you than peanuts. Is raw almond butter better?:dunno:

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
cant really go wrong with either, as long as you are talking about natural peanut butter..
personally peanut butter was a threat to my diet, i could not just eat 2 tbsp of it, too delicious lol.. I just go with a 2oz unsalted mix of peanuts and almonds now.. best of both worlds...

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Does one increase test level more than the other?

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
I love both, but I don't get to eat much almond butter because it's bloody expensive. I don't think the nutrient profile is drastically different, though.

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
Peanuts are ok but almonds are the superior nut

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Both are actually good, but some say almonds are better and lot more expensive of course.

Mindless

Awards
I once read somewhere that almonds are alkaline, so they are supposed to be better than peanuts. (Please, don't ask me what that means or for a link...IDK)

Also the protein/fat ratio of almonds and peanuts are different.
Almonds are higher in fat, while peanuts are higher in protein.

PS Peanuts are actually not really nuts, but beans.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I believe that almonds are better than peanuts for heart health. There are, however, other foods that help in this department (fish, flax, etc) so you have options if you want to include heart health considerations in your diet.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I once read somewhere that almonds are alkaline, so they are supposed to be better than peanuts. (Please, don't ask me what that means or for a link...IDK)

Also the protein/fat ratio of almonds and peanuts are different.
Almonds are higher in fat, while peanuts are higher in protein.

PS Peanuts are actually not really nuts, but beans.
Well thats all I needed to know

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
great article.

almond butter is best but i eat both.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I'm glad this thread doesn't have a poll! I couldn't choose!
I go for both and will soon try cashew butter.

Mindless

Awards
Cashew butter tastes awesome, though it can be a bit sticky.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I just had almond butter for my first time the other day ago. The price was about 2x as much but I will say that it tastes like candy in comparison and is a hell of a lot easier to measure out. That stuff just slides off the spoon perfectly while you gotta fight peanut butter with everything to get it off lol.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
MMMMMM I love almond butter.

Almonds have a ton going for them micronutrient wise and is so damn tasty.

Newest Nutrition article from T-Nation shows some reasons almonds are the shiiiiz. That almond milk mentioned is great stuff and a GREAT milk replacement.

Link.

Hmmmm....I have never had almond milk. I have seen it at the store, but never picked some up. Perhaps next grocery run I'll grab some.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make sure it us unsweetened so there's no sugar. Crazy macros on it then. Like 60 cams a cup 2 carbs no sugar, 1 protein and 3 fats I think.

Not bad by itself at all but works great in shakes and stuff

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I tried Almond butter today. I usually eat spoons of peanut butter then chase with milk. I threw it away. I prefer the taste of peanut butter.